Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the info. But them, along with many other countries still contain billions of people. So how many people are the earth's population represented by the developed world versus the non developed world? Or do the majority of the developed countries get the final say on the death penalty issue for the rest of the world?
    Each get their say in their own countries and laguage.
    They get to define the equivalent of "developed" in their own language however they wish, but that has no bearing on our laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I believe that fear of punishment should keep them away from doing bad things. Maybe more fearful punishment would be to send them to Syberia or North Pole? Also I believe that it would be justified punishment to pay with the same act as they do to other people.
    That has never worked before...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Other than USA?
    I wouldn't call those countries(Red ones) not developed.
    In regards to their justice system? Yes, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I strongly disagree with you.

The death penalty is never justified and no country that has it deserves to call itself "civilized" nor call its legal system "just".
    And life in solitary confinement is more civilized how?

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people are beyond saving. We should not burden ourselves with supporting them for the rest of their lives.

Others are poorly educated and have been manipulated into situations they thoroughly regret now being in. Many were naive little boys and these ones we need to try and pull back from the extremists and reintegrate. Simply killing them all off would make us no better than them.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Yeah, it's much better to let terrorists spread their hatred in prison converting more people, just execute the lot of them, moral high ground is something that only works on rational people, not people who want nothing more than the destruction of your entire way of life.
    Prison isn't some alternate reality where they get to do whatever they want freely until they and others decide to return to this one...
    It comes along with a loss of freedoms.

Deserve? They probably do, but we can argue on that.
    Is it productive to execute people? No, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth View Post
    They should be punished under military law since they've declared war to all of us. Hang them i would say.
    Most countries in Europe do not have the death penalty in martial law. (All except Belarusia, that is.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dillis View Post
    It is a good question. Personally I am torn between lifetime prison and execution. There are solid arguments for both.

However if I were to follow my gut feeling and my sense of justice, I would say they should be executed. There should be no mention of their fate's to anyone, save internal records, and they will be buried anonymously. We should not waste much resources on them. Just put a bullet to their head or hang them.
    Very good, that is exactly how you kill your country... go read a history book before you make proposals like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    And life in solitary confinement is more civilized how?
    You think those two are the only two options? Letting them run free inside the prison and solitary confinement?

Most countries in Europe do not have the death penalty in martial law. (All except Belarusia, that is.)

- - - Updated - - -

Very good, that is exactly how you kill your country... go read a history book before you make proposals like this.

- - - Updated - - -

You think those two are the only two options? Letting them run free inside the prison and solitary confinement?
    Actually, people like Breivik do essentially get solitary confinement for life.

Yes. Swift painful death.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    The question was if they deserved the death penalty or not.
    My gut feeling says yes, under the criteria I listed.

Is it wise? Probably not. Will it happen? Guess not.

I guess you can be happy that I am not a man with political influence. So you can stop your elitist attitude.

Isn't death what they want?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about deserve but it would save us a hell lot of resources to just put them in the ground.

No they dont, their entire purpose is to be martyred for Allah for their rewards in the afterlife. Instead, put them in a deep prison hole and forget about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    No they dont, their entire purpose is to be martyred for Allah for their rewards in the afterlife. Instead, put them in a deep prison hole and forget about them.
    They don't care when they die. It is the act that they believe gets them their rewards in the afterlife. So why should we foot the bill for keeping them around when you know that it doesn't change much, if anything, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Actually, people like Breivik do essentially get solitary confinement for life.
    That does not mean it is the only possibilty nor that the only alternative is letting them run around (in prion) unchecked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dillis View Post
    The question was if they deserved the death penalty or not.
    My gut feeling says yes, under the criteria I listed.

Is it wise? Probably not. Will it happen? Guess not.

I guess you can be happy that I am not a man with political influence. So you can stop your elitist attitude.
    There is nothing wrong with stating your "gut feeling" but you really should know where states killing people in secret leads and if despite knowing this is still what your "gut feeling" and "sense of justice" tells you then you deserve comments like mine. (Yes, that is my personal opinion, as should be clear even without stating it, since it is posted anonymously on a public forum.)

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    They don't care when they die. It is the act that they believe gets them their rewards in the afterlife. So why should we foot the bill for keeping them around when you know that it doesn't change much, if anything, at all.
    Yeah thats true. Honestly it doesnt really matter what they believe anyways.

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with stating your "gut feeling" but you really should know where states killing people in secret leads and if despite knowing this is still what your "gut feeling" and "sense of justice" tells you then you deserve comments like mine. (Yes, that is my personal opinion, as should be clear even without stating it, since it is posted anonymously on a public forum.)
    Obviously the idea is not good, as it has other potential issues. But the truth is that there really aren't any good way of dealing with them.
    - Imprisonment. Well look at Breivik and his "cell". It is against my principles that a man can do what he did and still live a somewhat comfortable life. Harsher prison? Well yeah, but there is a limit to how harsh they can be before we start hearing about human rights.

- Execution. If we execute them and announces it. Does that not make them martyr's and add even extra attention to their wicked cause? Not to mention the resources required if we are to imitate how it is done in the US.

I made my proposal to prevent imprisonment and to avoid giving them attention after their capture. It does add other issues that you so excellently (though rudely) pointed out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20160731_02406873

So this Belgian attorney got alot of shit for stating terrorists deserve the death penalty. Even when only caught preparing a terrorist attack.
    His logic is that these brainwashed fanatics solely exist to cause harm to society. Be it in the form of a suicide bombing, excecuting people in the streets etc. Releasing them = innocent people die.

Now with the retarded "justice system" we have in Europe, im kinda with him. In Holland for example, the first Jihadi's, whom are still fighting with IS in syria (or killed? they dont know) are senteced to 6 years in prison (thats 4 with good behaviour) IF they ever come back. Thats 4 years for possession of weapons, killing, rapeing, mimeing, torturing and worse.

TLDR: The current European justice system (focused on rehabilitating) is not fit for atrocities like terrorism and should therfore be revisited. Perhaps by reinstating the death penalty.

How do you feel about this?
    Being British i always look at the Terrorist question through eyes that remember the IRA.

And would i like to see hundreds of Irishmen executed for their attacks on the UK?

Ofc not.

The British system worked fine to put an end to decades of terrorism from the IRA without the death penalty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Killing them won't undo what they did, so I fail to see the point.
    The point is to prevent further human lost from such individual.
    Someone who killed one innocent bystander for own selfish political ideas is likely to do so again.
    That is especially true if such individual show no remorse for his action.

Also it brings comfort to victim relatives knowing that someone who caused them loss is actually paying for his crime, not the state by keeping him in prson which by todays standard is just welfare for social outcasts.

Ofc kill them. terrorists aren't humans, they have no value for other humans life. (Don't start to say that terrorists deserve to live). But the best thing probably would be to harvest them, kill them, and donate their organs to those in need (although I don't think that someone will want a dimwitted monkeys organs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    Ofc kill them. terrorists aren't humans, they have no value for other humans life. (Don't start to say that terrorists deserve to live). But the best thing probably would be to harvest them, kill them, and donate their organs to those in need (although I don't think that someone will want a dimwitted monkeys organs)
    So you would be in favour of executing the hundreds of Irish that the UK arrested for IRA attacks too?

That very same terrorist organisation that the USA funded for decades.