Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    game is actually playable right now. man this will be fun again when it gets destroyed
    The game has always been playable, it is just ones definition of playable.. Some had issues with the cam distance others did not, to say the game is unplayable because of the camera settings is being overly dramatic.. A more defined meaning of unplayable is when you get DCed, massive lag spikes or in game content just not working as it should (like broken quests or missing npcs and so on) things like that make the game unplayable..

Having the change to the camera zoom does not necessarily make the game unplayable it just makes it more interesting when it comes to how aware the player is of their surroundings..

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere it is mentioned "they tweeted it will be hotfixed". Could someone link the tweet please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Everywhere it is mentioned "they tweeted it will be hotfixed". Could someone link the tweet please?

The source I know is that a Blizzard dev mentioned it in #wowuidev (IRC)

Don't know if there are any tweets

It's written on the addon page itself that the hotfix is incoming.

https://www.wowace.com/addons/maxcam/

(Edit) This bug was already scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming patch, but the addon now forced Blizzard to move it into a hotfix
    For those asking for Twitter, it's nothing official but plenty of people reporting it's broken already like that one:

https://twitter.com/Nazuvious/status/760667744316616704
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-08-03 at 05:34 AM.

It's not fixed on EU servers at least.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Having the change to the camera zoom does not necessarily make the game unplayable it just makes it more interesting when it comes to how aware the player is of their surroundings..
    Truly incredible the extent to which some neckbeards will brown-nose Blizzard. "More interesting" - limiting information doesn't make players more aware, FYI. It reduces the disadvantage faced by players and guilds who did not zoom out, for whatever reason. Essentially it's an argument to hamstring aware players because they were doing better than unaware players.

I shudder to imagine how bad Quake 3 would have turned out if Blizzard limited fps to 60 to prevent physics exploits at higher frame rates, but luckily id software homogenised 125fps physics for everyone. Blizzard should learn that lesson from a superior company.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    probably never. if you had half of a brain you would have noticed my last kill was about a year ago, since you were pathetic and desperate enough to look through my achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

i never did mythic paragons? weird. looks like i killed it in march of 2014, on my god awful server that was server first iirc. you should probly check achievements instead of going by that terrible list on armory.
    Didn't even have to look at your achievements. Just the armory thats in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's entirely an exploit. It is the definition of an exploit. That's why in zero-day exploits, when hackers find unchecked boundary conditions, bad things happen and they are called exploits.
    By your definition thousands of addons are "exploits". Another clueless sycophant.

[Infracted. Stop the name-calling.]
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2016-08-03 at 07:20 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Truly incredible the extent to which some neckbeards will brown-nose Blizzard. "More interesting" - limiting information doesn't make players more aware, FYI. It reduces the disadvantage faced by players and guilds who did not zoom out, for whatever reason. Essentially it's an argument to hamstring aware players because they were doing better than unaware players.

I shudder to imagine how bad Quake 3 would have turned out if Blizzard limited fps to 60 to prevent physics exploits at higher frame rates, but luckily id software homogenised 125fps physics for everyone. Blizzard should learn that lesson from a superior company.
    You would of had a good post except for starting your post with such an insulting tone.. But not really surprised at all, either way your angry rant does not matter seems that the addon has been broken already..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-08-03 at 06:11 AM.

What concerns me is what else they'll break unintentionally when they intentionally break this.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    What concerns me is what else they'll break unintentionally when they intentionally break this.
    Likely nothing that was using the command intentionally. As others before me have explained; It's using a negative zoom-in command (which, obviously, becomes a zoom-out because negative) to zoom out into low orbit. This is just the basic command. What the addon does is capping your command at a specific negative distance, rather than going full orbit.

Unless addon devs have been using the command designed to ZOOM IN to ZOOM OUT, they're going to break nothing, because all they have to do is disable the ability to pass negative parameters with the specific function - something that hardly makes sense when you're using a command specifically for zooming in, anyway. Sad, but true.

Deleted
    I imagine they'll get it resolved pretty sharpish because its in that category of mandatory add-on now if it is left there.

I still think on the main reasons behind reducing the max camera distance is its one of the few tools Blizzard has left that can increase the challenge raids pose. It is undeniably a huge advantage to see a much wider-scope of what's happening. It's largely why I've not been against it, I'd rather they increase the challenge further through means like this than through the implementation of just RNG mechanics where once a timer reaches a certain point in the fight 1 out of 3 or 4 things might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    It is easy for them to break an add-on without affecting anything else. Add-ons in WoW operate in a "sandbox", and Blizzard can deny any add-on access to that sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice Addon, thanks for the share !
    We won't get banned, the worst Blizzard does is change the API so it can't get past the "max distance" anymore.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Was nice to be able to enjoy the game again tonight without getting a headache.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except it isn't an "unfair advantage". For it to be an advantage it has to be something that not everyone has access to. Everyone had access to changing their zoom, it was a matter of if they looked up the /command. Which comes down to whiny players who didn't have the brain power to google something.
    I am just saying what I read, Blizzard said not everybody knows about /command so not everybody has access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Likely nothing that was using the command intentionally...
    Well, this is WoW we're talking about. The code is so convulted, they'll make a change to one quest and suddenly DKs casting DND crashes the world server or something.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    I am just saying what I read, Blizzard said not everybody knows about /command so not everybody has access to it.
    Which is just incredibly insulting to everyone involved on so many levels it's hard to even put into words. Not to mention how, by that logic, they should ban every interface customization option, and every addon that exists. Which they're not doing, so obviously they're lying, and everyone who takes this statement as true is... well, as stupid as blizz seems to be arguing that people are.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

There is not a single good reason why they nerfed the camera in the first place.

Unfair advantage? Give me a break ;
    Having a better PC would also be a unfair advantage.
    Being smarter than someone else would be a unfair advantage.
    Having 2 hands would be a advantage over a person with 1 hand.

Whilst I am waiting to play Legion and enjoying it I am getting more annoyed by some "decisions" made by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-08-03 at 08:58 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    An exploit (known as "exploitive activity" by Blizzard) is a method of playing the game in a way not intended by the game developers to gain an advantage over other players.
    You realise that covers almost every addon in existance right? from DBM/Bigwigs to Auctioneer to Masterplan.

While you may not see it that way, it is actually like this.
    No it really isn't for reasons previously explained.

Farther camera distance gives you a strategical advantage.
    Nobody is denying that, the point is that it's borderline mandatory for tanking/raid leading. I.E Mannoroth was pretty impossible to tank properly using default distance because you couldn't see anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    There is not a single good reason why they nerfed the camera in the first place.

Unfair advantage? Give me a break ;
    Having a better PC would also be a unfair advantage.
    The funny thing is this is actually true, I have an ultrawide monitor and I was the only one in my guild who could see the entire room on the train boss with the standard zoom.

Having 2 hands would be a advantage over a person with 1 hand.
    Also true, being unable to use abilities while strafing is a DPS loss

Whilst I am waiting to play Legion and enjoying it I am getting more annoyed by some "decisions" made by Blizzard.
    It's like the lead designer is narrowing the game to only be played the way he likes to play it, and **** the player base.

Deleted
    10k download for now. Its still early but I expected way more than that.