Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can we please stop saying something flopped due to one site with highly questionable ratings in other movies says it's bad, and maybe look at like, box office reception or something that actually matters?

9.1 on IMDB and a positive review from Jeremy Jahns weighs *a lot* heavier in my book than a page that rated the Ghostbusters remake as a good movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    Source
    as with most DC stuff, its trying too hard, it feels forced, not natural.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Amazing!
    Who would have thought that the same marvel fanboys shills that threw stupid reviews at BvS would throw stupid reviews at the next DC film.
    BvS was really not very good though, it doesn't take being a fanboy of something or shill to give something bad reviews.

Deleted
    Let's be fair here; season 1 was alright, and then it turned into a whiny drama.
    Worst acting in a decade. No thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    BvS was really not very good though, it doesn't take being a fanboy of something or shill to give something bad reviews.
    yep, the film was crap, the one decent part was wonder woman, which is why everyone is looking forward to that film and its getting a load of positive reactions to what we've seen of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    Somewhat expected it to be honest. DC does pretty bad movies, mediocre TV shows, and somewhat enjoyable animation. The only thing I've ever really enjoyed from their universe were some of the comics and video games.
    I hope you were drunk or something here, as the flash (most watched tv show) ,arrow,dc's legends of tomorrow and supergirl are all good tv shows, i can agree that dc does bad movies though,but you cant be good at everything, look at marvel for example, amazing movies, lame tv shows, just how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    [video]

The controversial characters weren't an issue after all, a lot of scenes were removed, the ending was unsatisfying, the critics hate it...

What movie does this remind me of?
    Suckerpunch, or maybe Prometheus? I think they're just lining up the fanboys to buy the ultimate edition again.

Its kinda like how The Alcohol Industry Needs Alcoholism to Thrive. Basically 10% of drinkers buy 60% of the beer.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I actually thought BvS was better than Civil War (I didn't think either was great, but BvS annoyed me less). So I will give this a shot.

Deleted
    Rotten Tomatoes is such a bad site for movie ratings. Really.

Warcraft Rating and the film had overall fantastic ratings anywhere else and from most of the viewers.

And then there are complete garbage films with good ratings.

Say no to rotten tomatoes

Still I could believe the film is not good at all, but I will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I actually thought BvS was better than Civil War (I didn't think either was great, but BvS annoyed me less). So I will give this a shot.
    I would bombard you with "how dare yous" but you are not the only person to tell me that. I have a fraid who loved BvS but liked Civil War less, where as I think Civil War is probably the second best Marvel movie so far. GotG still my number 1 :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    Source
    your main point being critics, critics that are payed to watch movies are wrong for 70%+ of the time so i don't rely on their opinions, only unofficial critics that aren't payed by the state/companies do i place my trust in, that also being fans of the films.
    besides hasn't this only just come out?

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrown1987 View Post
    I hope you were drunk or something here, as the flash (most watched tv show) ,arrow,dc's legends of tomorrow and supergirl are all good tv shows, i can agree that dc does bad movies though,but you cant be good at everything, look at marvel for example, amazing movies, lame tv shows, just how it is.
    Arrow and The Flash are mediocre at best. They're like after school specials at this point. I haven't seen Supergirl or Legends of Tomorrow, so I can't judge those.

Marvel does amazing TV shows though. At least their Netflix stuff. I agree that Agents of Shield is very underwhelming, but Agent Carter was also good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I would bombard you with "how dare yous" but you are not the only person to tell me that. I have a fraid who loved BvS but liked Civil War less, where as I think Civil War is probably the second best Marvel movie so far. GotG still my number 1 :P
    It wasn't a bad film it just had a couple of things that hurt my enjoyment, firstly the twist that the villains family were dead and when he listened to them on the phone it was voicemails was so obvious that anyone surprised by it should have themselves evaluated for retardation. Secondly, what REALLY annoyed me was the switch and bait where they spent ages building up the soviet super soldiers and then dropped them in favour of a predictable Iron Man vs Cap fight due to yet another super predictable twist that really ruined the film for me, you can spend half the movie plus promising me something super cool that I really want to see then give me something lame instead, that's unforgivable, that's randomly swapping out Grom for Archimonde levels of lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's funny. I knew the movie was bad before the tomato people did. I have no intentions of seeing it in theaters. If DC ever proves they can make one good superhero movie that doesn't start with "Batman", I'll go see it. So far, their track record is very lackluster. I'll stick with Marvel. They've yet to disappoint.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The thing about critics is their criteria for a good movie have very little to do with the entertainment value the general public will find in a given film. When I go in to see a movie, I expect to suspend my disbelief and let the experience wash over me. Yes, I'll take issue with certain parts of some movies due to ham-handed stupidity mid-viewing, but for the most part I'll take the story they're telling me at face value. The ones that give me pause and continue to make me think over the plot and details after the fact are what I will consider a good movie - whether it's picking at details and trying to figure mysteries out, or simply replaying in my mind the portions of the movie that really touched me and either amused me or warmed (or broke) my heart.

When I eat a Blizzard from Dairy Queen, I'm not trying to pretend I'm eating a luxurious, high brow dessert at an expensive restaurant. I can still enjoy junk food for what it is. Ultimately, it's my own palate that determines whether I like something or not, not the opinions of others.

I might watch Suicide Squad once it's out digitally. It's probably the only DC movie I've any interest in viewing, though Wonder Woman looks somewhat intriguing. I certainly wouldn't consider it "The most anticipated movie of the year."
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Figured Chris Stuckman would pretty much mirror what i felt watching it. Hes usually the only critic i watch for movies i didnt see before his review. Because when i see a movie before his review, his review always just says exactly what i was thinking lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've seen plenty of people that dislike Guardians of the Galaxy.
    That's a massive shame, I haven't met anyone that dislikes it. Even online.

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    I fairly enjoyed Fantastic 4, enough to give it a 6 or 7, whereas the The Dark Knight felt like it was trying to be cool and edgy, but it just was soooooooo boring and bland. First time I watched it, I walked out due to boredom. Second time I finished it with friends at my house. I know most people like it, but I genuinely cannot stand the Batman Trilogy. Biggest pile of superhero crap I've seen. The Trilogy is always in my Bottom 5 movies.
    Seeing as you're talking about the first one and not the reboot, I agree. Though tbh, I don't see how TDK was trying to be cool and edgy..at all. But alrighty. To each his own.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-08-03 at 12:07 PM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    It's funny. I knew the movie was bad before the tomato people did. I have no intentions of seeing it in theaters. If DC ever proves they can make one good superhero movie that doesn't start with "Batman", I'll go see it. So far, their track record is very lackluster. I'll stick with Marvel. They've yet to disappoint.
    They are trying to repeat the formula that Nolan created, but that formula only works for Batman (a few random characters COULD work: Etrigan, Fate, Raven, current Aquaman). Even BvS isn't a proper use of that formula if you're not doing Dark Knight Returns, which Nolan kind of combined with Knightfall already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Seeing as you're talking about the first one and not the reboot, I agree. The reboot is absolute dog shit. Very, very bad movie.
    Yeah I liked the first Fantastic Four movie, because it did not take itself that seriously. You have an actress who complains about stripping in her movies, so you have a scene where she has to strip but cannot be seen. It was a cheesy movie, but cheesy and comic book movies are not necessarily a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And Rotten Tomatoes gave the Ghost busters reboot a 73% and you expect me to trust their ratings? I'll pass on that thanks.
    I'd like to remind you and everyone here that Rotten Tomatoes did not give a rating of 73% to Ghostbusters, nor did they give a rating of 34% to Suicide Squad. Rotten Tomatoes % is a metric of if critics like it or not, it's not about the value of the film itself. Under the %, you can actually see the median rating on /10.

As such.
    Ghostbusters received a rating of 6.4/10, while Suicide Squad received a 5.3/10. BvS had a rating of 4.9/10. A film which is certified fresh like Startrek with 83% only has 6.9/10 or a film that probably will win an oscar again, Finding Dory with 94% actually has a 7.4/10.

Food for thought.
    Last edited by Bisso; 2016-08-03 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    The reviews I have read all deliver a mixed feeling - some things are good, some are bad. I will go into the movie mainly because of Harley Quinn and the things I have read about enchantress, and expect the movie to deliver on that part based on the reviews. I was only a bit disappointed by BvsS because I already had low expectations due to Man of Steel which utterly destroyed the concept of who Superman is (letting his father-figure die was such a stupid rip-off of Spider-Man, btw). At least they got Wonder Woman right regaring my view on that character, and that was the most important thing to me. That Batfleck character, though... ugh. And Jeremy Irons is just not Alfred Pennyworth, no matter how good an actor he is. Lex Luthor was also way off, but it was at least amusing on a meta-level to compare this character to the one established in comics.

Regarding Superman, the show about "Lois & Clark" is still the best. Regarding Batman, I have enjoyed Tim Burton because it's Tim Burton (together with Michael Keaton and other brilliant actors), but I definitively would say that Nolan did the best adaptation of Batman (also with a great cast in my regards).

My reason to see this movie is Harley Quinn, and I expect to be satisfied in that point. :3