Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So excited for DH launch and swapping mains. Thanks for all the hard work Munkky <3
    Vale Minibars, Long live Felbars

Great guide, thank you! Do we have numbers for how pain is generated from damage taken? I saw a post last month from a single dummy fight showing 88% dmg taken equaled 43 pain. Is it 2% damage taken = 1 pain? Do we have the actual numbers? Over the course of a boss fight, that could be a lot of pain.

I found this information on the warrior thread. Is this also true for us?

"The more damage you take, the more Rage you will gain, allowing you to spend that Rage to lessen the damage you take afterwards. You cannot gain Rage through block, parry, or dodge mitigation events, and attacks decreased by damage reduction abilities (ex. Shield Wall) grant less Rage. You can, however, gain Rage through absorbtion abilities (ex. Power Word: Shield)"

If so, this would mean that some abilities would reduce our pain generation when used, while others would not.

Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    Great guide, thank you! Do we have numbers for how pain is generated from damage taken? I saw a post last month from a single dummy fight showing 88% dmg taken equaled 43 pain. Is it 2% damage taken = 1 pain? Do we have the actual numbers? Over the course of a boss fight, that could be a lot of pain.

I found this information on the warrior thread. Is this also true for us?

"The more damage you take, the more Rage you will gain, allowing you to spend that Rage to lessen the damage you take afterwards. You cannot gain Rage through block, parry, or dodge mitigation events, and attacks decreased by damage reduction abilities (ex. Shield Wall) grant less Rage. You can, however, gain Rage through absorbtion abilities (ex. Power Word: Shield)"

If so, this would mean that some abilities would reduce our pain generation when used, while others would not.
    The math should be exactly the same as warrior since the formula is the exact same. As far as "reducing pain generating" that is done by damage reduction since less damage taken = less health reduction = less pain. That's all they mean by less pain gen.

I personally haven't done any number on it as a few people who are better with math are handling it.

I would like to thank Munkky and all those involved with dedicating their time and energy towards helping get the DH community off to a great start. I have found your guides and input to be very helpful in my time on the beta.

Okay, so it's PainGained = 50 * DamageTaken / MaxHealth? With the note that Maxhealth is now ExpectedMaxhealth ... a rather complicated calculation based on your total gear? Which is roughly the same as saying 1 pain for every 2% of health lost.
    Last edited by AanvilGT; 2016-07-29 at 12:19 AM.

The main difference is that it's going to be your max health before any temporary buffs like Meta, or Last Stand, or various trinket procs.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

7+ Year Old Account
    Munkky

A doubt.
    In the document is:

For survivability, we are looking at:
    Vers > Haste (50%) > Crit > Agility > Mastery

And here it is:

Surv
    Haste > Crit > Mastery > Vers

What is the correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hallzao View Post
    Munkky

A doubt.
    In the document is:

For survivability, we are looking at:
    Vers > Haste (50%) > Crit > Agility > Mastery

And here it is:

Surv
    Haste > Crit > Mastery > Vers

What is the correct?
    I put vers last on pre patch just for the sake of pre patch. Personally I'll be going for dps gear for leveling.

Icy Veins has prepatch DH guides now, if you didn't see.

Aye, those were written by Aughyy who is working with me on Vengeance guide writing.

I assume agility flasks for the increased DPS and Soul Cleave heal? Or are DH squishy enough pre-patch to want stam? What about neck enchant in Legion--has any theorycrafting been done there yet?

Is there a list for best in slot trinkets from mythic+ dungeons?

Not yet. Horn of Valor and Memento are the main ones off the top of my head. As well as the Alchemy Trinket.

Do we have stat weights yet? Even estimations would be very useful.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

So I seen in the icy veins guide that demon hunters were not performing too great, is it actually because of a new class tuning issue or do you think it's where they wanted them? Ps awesome guide btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Do we have stat weights yet? Even estimations would be very useful.
    Until we finalize testing, I'm going to say
    haste > mastery > vers/crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    So I seen in the icy veins guide that demon hunters were not performing too great, is it actually because of a new class tuning issue or do you think it's where they wanted them? Ps awesome guide btw!
    They have only been tuning us down for a while now. We are in the middle ground for tanks at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Until we finalize testing, I'm going to say
    haste > mastery > vers/crit.
    That's not stat weights, that's just the priority. Weights would be how much each stat contributes to our defense (either in a real value or simply in relation too each other). I.E. Ag: 10, Haste: 10, Mast: 8, Vers:6, Crit:5 etc.

This is useful for those of us who won't be going for best possible gear in Mythics, and will be choosing gear by best available; so we can compare lower ilvl optimal stat items with higher ilvl poor stat items with some hope of getting a sense of which item will be better.

Also: did it change again? or is that the 100 version.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

All we need to know is if versatility provides more defense/damage per point than mastery

I've gone for versatility on my DH ~850 ilvl and find my ability to soak damage in mythics pretty decent. Not as "tough" as bear or warrior but certainly good enough.

Yes it changed. I understand what weights are, but these are not done with sims so I cannot tell you a number. It's also not that easy for tanks as that method is for dps.

Vers is better than mastery until you hit 25% haste. Then with uptime on DS mastery becomes better. Though in 5 man's you more than likely agent going to go for gate so vers is improved.