With tier going from 5pc to 6 are there any specific legionaries we would want now, since this gives more flexibility on which slots to use them in?

@Jellospally: The fact that it gives 5 RP per HS could be valuable in some fights where you need to rely on selfhealing for a while, since you can save DRW to generate 20-30 RP if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    With tier going from 5pc to 6 are there any specific legionaries we would want now, since this gives more flexibility on which slots to use them in?
    Service of Gorefiend >= Shackles of Bryndaor > Rattlegore Bone Legplates for progression/harder content.

Our legendaries won't effect our tier outside pants at the most. Shackles + Rattlegore is gonna be best for dps. Drop pants for Service for progression and harder content. If you somehow get your hands on all three.

7+ Year Old Account
    Death Strike (no healing / absorb)
    Isn't DRW mimic DS' heal? But in small version.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Isn't DRW mimic DS' heal? But in small version.
    No it does not neither DRW or the Artifact DRW mimic. Just tested it on beta same heals during DRW and absorbs as when its not up.

@Jellospally You're the only one I've seen that prefers DK blood tanking to other tank specs. On reddit, some are saying they prefer palas due to their many DR cds, Warriors to do Ignore Pain being OP and having mobility/tools, others saying Guardian because they're just all around really good.

DH and DKs are lumped together as reactive tanks prone to death, with Blood DKs seen as boring playstyle and very little tools/mobility. At least that's what I've read anyway.

What makes you want to main blood DK over other specs? Is it the Artifact stuff? I still haven't tried out all the tank specs, so I can't comment if Blood DK is fun or not.

Preferring warrior due to ignore pain being OP sounds like people who haven't played beta so they can be disregarded. Plenty of people dislike guardian due to the threat/dps. Given Paladins had the most severe mass exodus due to their (lack of) any actual engaging gameplay I don't think an anecdote about someone saying they prefer it matters.

It's a fair shout that vengeance seems more interesting than blood right now (personal preference), but that does come at the price if you ever play your dps spec of playing havoc - not many peoples cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post
    @Jellospally You're the only one I've seen that prefers DK blood tanking to other tank specs. On reddit, some are saying they prefer palas due to their many DR cds, Warriors to do Ignore Pain being OP and having mobility/tools, others saying Guardian because they're just all around really good.

DH and DKs are lumped together as reactive tanks prone to death, with Blood DKs seen as boring playstyle and very little tools/mobility. At least that's what I've read anyway.

What makes you want to main blood DK over other specs? Is it the Artifact stuff? I still haven't tried out all the tank specs, so I can't comment if Blood DK is fun or not.
    I will be maining blood dk not because its fun, although I don't mind it as its fairly straight forward. I would much prefer to tank on Warrior though as I find that a lot more fun, sadly in my guild we have 4 tanks so as to always have tanks available if someone can't make it so we rotate out and go dps fairly often and I really hate dps on Warrior and love unholy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post

I've seen most people who have done a lot of testing put DK at #3 after Druid and Warrior, with Paladins close behind us. We are also quite high dps-wise, and that is an important factor for high end guild progress.

Fun-wise, I love DH with DK as close second due lack of mobility. My paladin main friend absolutely hates new Paladin and deems it so boring that he will finally bring something else for splits than a 2nd pala. Druid is also very one dimensional and has quite a rigid and boring rotation. My old main Monk... I don't even want to talk about it.

Mind you, no-one can deny the last resort tools pallies have, but I'm going to be doing a lot more on my DK than just cutting edge progress.
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-08-02 at 10:27 PM.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Well apparently my gear just sucks ass, I'm item level 698 with like 17% crit, feels like all i'm doing is spamming marrowrend and barely even heart striking the entire fight just to keep bone shield up. Obviously i know the usual, wait until legion and get better gear and all that happy stuff, but as of right now I just despise this with the current gear I have anyway.

Fun story, playing lfr just for fun on killrogg, my friend is a pretty new tank but got the jist of things on his bear, so we run some lfr. I literally got so low in health, with like 3 stacks of bone shield (which keeps going down since not much parry), no runes to marrowrend more, had like 30 runic power, and only cooldown i had to stay alive was dancing rune weapon which I admit, I didn't use which I should have. But this is lfr, and I'm 698 item level. I don't know if i have to get better with managing my runic power, attempt to get more crit and haste and whatnot, but it felt helpless not having nothing to do cause i had no runes for getting my boneshield to 5 so i could get the Ossuary bonus, no runes to heart strike in my death and decay for the bonus and no runic power to death strike, just watching myself die lol.

Sounds like you got debuffed by the boss? Did you DS during his armor shredding cast to activate your active mitigation buff, that makes you immune to it?

I just tanked him on Mythic last week with 710 gear without any problems..
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-08-02 at 10:37 PM.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Sounds like you got debuffed by the boss? Did you DS during his armor shredding cast to activate your active mitigation buff, that makes you immune to it?

I just tanked him on Mythic last week with 710 gear without any problems..
    That could easily well be tbh, I do know you're supposed to death strike for the recently death strike active mitigation buff, I didn't check to see if I had it cause I kept looking at my bars praying something would come back so I could do something, I literally had nothing to push except for DRW which again I should have hit in hindsight but its over now lol. I could have easily not have pressed death strike, or didn't manage my runic power to be able to death strike could also have been the problem.

Either you got debuffed, perhaps even a few stacks, or healers went afk. ;P

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Either you got debuffed, perhaps even a few stacks, or healers went afk. ;P
    I might have got debuffed once but I know it wasn't that many I ain't that bad maybe the healers were eating Pizza or something haha. No joke playing on iskar normal and this pally had the eye and didn't pass it for winds and multiple people died and he said "sorry guys didn't realize I had the eye I was eating Pizza and wasn't looking at my monitor" .........

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Any indication of how Blood DK DPS is holding up vs DPS specs?
    At higher gear ranges it does well on a few Mythic encounters, but typically Blood does ~half what a traditional DPS class would. At lower gear ranges we are very competitive (dungeons ect). I fully plan on leveling as Blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felstone View Post
    I fully plan on leveling as Blood.
    Blood leveling is ezmode. Pull everything, pop dnd, cleave, loot, next. My only death between 100-110 was because I alt-tabbed and ran off a cliff.

Deleted
    I would imagine DPS specs level faster, but not by that much during the leveling experience, as you keep gaining Artifact Power your weapon does 1% more dmg per trait as well, whereas dps only gain the stamina. Well, DPS kills single mobs faster than you do as a tank, but the second you pull like, the entire quest quantity of mobs in a single pull, Tanks shine

The big benefit is if you level as Blood, once you unlock heroics you literally jump right in with a weapon on par, and level up the second weapon quickly with the Suramar AP items / drops / research kicking in. It would be my bet for the smartest way of gearing/playing. You can always select another loot spec to get relics for that weapon, whilst tanking as Blood and rushing into Heroics&Mythics all the time whilst your secondary artifact is beeing pimped up.
    Last edited by mmoc96f3bf9e48; 2016-08-03 at 01:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The big plus leveling as Blood on PvP server - only few players can kill you.

I struggle to choose between Bloodworms and Heartbreaker.
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-08-03 at 03:57 PM.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Last two expansions my first max level was blood dk....just something about not being able to die and being on a pvp server most people just give up and leave you alone after a few minutes....still undecided if I was to go blood dk this time around since so many classes are pretty fun to play at the moment