Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And Rotten Tomatoes gave the Ghost busters reboot a 73% and you expect me to trust their ratings? I'll pass on that thanks.
    SO much this!!! And WarCraft movie have 28% lol and imo it was good movie - for me it just looks like someone on rottentomatoes is just salty about having to watch (or not even watch) that many nerdy movies. I will totally go to cinema for Suicide Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I would bombard you with "how dare yous" but you are not the only person to tell me that. I have a fraid who loved BvS but liked Civil War less, where as I think Civil War is probably the second best Marvel movie so far. GotG still my number 1 :P
    Civil War had some minor flaws, but I enjoyed the movie overall. The last bad movies I have seen from Marvel have been Daredevil and Elektra and I am very glad that the Daredevil series improved so much compared to these. (I watched one of the Hulk movies on rented video and skipped the other one with Edward Norton, just like I skipped Catwoman with Hale Berry, which was definitively good, else I would have a different low of Superhero movies in my experience.)

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    My reason to see this movie is Harley Quinn, and I expect to be satisfied in that point. :3
    Robbie Margot is pretty much just sassy like the Animated series Harley Quinn. Im pretty certain they literally just showed her some episodes and told her, ok just act like this. And since we already seen her sassy on screen before, she probably was already the pick. She has a similar voice too. The only problem in the movie with her, is that toward the end. You can just feel the reshoots. They gave her more actions. Like i said bunch of page earlier (after i saw it). Theres only so many mindless Harley Quinn action i can take, she is my favorite Women villain period, but its just so generic dull action. You dont expect Expendables 4 with Harley Quinn. At any moment i was waiting for Stalone to appear somewhere during the climax man.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes is such a bad site for movie ratings. Really.

Warcraft Rating and the film had overall fantastic ratings anywhere else and from most of the viewers.

And then there are complete garbage films with good ratings.

Say no to rotten tomatoes

Still I could believe the film is not good at all, but I will see.
    Uhm no. First look up how RT works before slamming it.
    SO much this!!! And WarCraft movie have 28% lol and imo it was good movie - for me it just looks like someone on rottentomatoes is just salty about having to watch (or not even watch) that many nerdy movies. I will totally go to cinema for Suicide Squad
    /sigh

Producers like Margot Robbie so much that they signed her on to make more Harley Quinn movies...like 6 more I think. (Yeah..crazy)

I had low expectations for this movie after seeing Will Smith pegged as Deadshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    If this year has taught me anything then it is how full of shit critics are.

I'm going to see this tommorow or on friday and probably will enjoy it anyway.

If this year has taught me anything its how much people lack reading comprehension. Rotten Tomatoes is continuously used incorrectly. People look at the tomato meter % and think thats how bad the movie is. Example Suicide Squad is currently a 35%. People think that means its a 3.5/10 for some reason.
    All 35% means is that every 3.5/10 critics liked the movie. It doesnt mean its a bad movie or a good movie. All it shows is did they like or dislike.

These critics disliked BVS and MoS. And now they Disliked SS. What does that tell you? It say either their taste in what a movie should be does not align with what Warner Bros is currently producing. Or it says that their are too many flaws in these movies to make it a good movie.

Now if you actually read the reviews instead of just looking at the % you would see that alot of critics even those that gave it a fresh ratiting had big problems with the movie. Like THE STORY SUCKS. One of the biggest parts of story telling is well... Story telling. If your story sucks how can you as a critic not call them out on it and how can you say to casual movie goers to see a movie with a bad story? Oh but the action is good you say? Well not everyone can stomach ACTION ACTION ACTION and crappy story to go with it.

Ive also heard the editing was bad? Wonder why.. oh yea they had all those reshoots to fix the film allegedly, and it either hurt the editing process or didnt help at all. Wonder what other film in the franchise had poor editing and a terrible story with dumb characters?

Anyway stop looking at the 35% and look at the average raiting of the film and compare that to other films you have seen.

Or read all the "top" critic reviews and find people you like from movie to movie and see who shares your opinion. Dont just follow someone cuz they also think the movie is awesome. If theres a flaw in a movie it needs to be pointed out. They are just doing their job.

Having gone looking for the facts rather than opinions in the reviews, it seems pretty evident it's another case of mishandling characters and executives (or possibly the actors) wanting a little too much pathos for their characters. It seems to be a vaguely enjoyable action movie but not one worthy of any of the themes of the IP and they've attempted to shoehorn more "setting up the DCU" bullshit into it which has left it unfocused.

Oh and all the hate for Rotten Tomatoes is ridiculous. It's an aggregator, that's like hating an equation...

I figured with will smith and jared leto it'd be good. Bummer...

but i had no real interest in seeing it either, i just like bad guy stories.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

There's been a few awful/cringy characters recently in the DC movies. A combination of bad casting and poor choice of character development, rather than just bad acting.

The leader board rankings probably look something like this as far as cringiest DC comic book character performances in the last 5 years:

1: Lex Luthor (Eisenberg) and Joker (Leto) tied for first
    2: Harley Quinn (Robbie)
    3: Catwoman (Hathaway)

edit: Forgot Ninja Turtles was also DC. Everyone in those movies are cringy, but you kind of expect it from all the real life/cgi remakes being pure shit, so I'll just give them an honorable mention anyways.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-03 at 12:53 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is mainly bcos the critics try to compare them to the Marvel movies, which cannot be done as it is two different worlds. Everyone knows american critics are mongoloids anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    Source
    Rotten tomatoes? HAHAHAHA... NO! Welcome to my ignore list for complete stupidity. I mean seriously, you probably haven't seen the movie and said it's crap? I'd rather listen to what 10000 people say about movie than some 10 asshat movie critics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And it -was- a good movie. I doubt you even went to see it yourself.
    Behave.

Suicide squad will shift plenty of tickets since they marketed the whole Margot Robbie is hot and come and see Jared Leto butcher the joker so you can stand around the watercooler and not be out of the loop when evveryone disses the film.

The trailer looks horrible and everything Big Willie Smith touches atm seems to turn to shit.

Marvel are still running rings around DC.

What I'm hearing is that it's beautifully shot...
    ...And that was the only good thing.

From what I read, script and editing turned this potential blockbuster into a squandered opportunity..

I'll see it. My expectations were already low after seeing Will Smith....in any role.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Warcraft was NOT a good movie. Don't get me wrong, as a warcraft fan I enjoyed it, but as a movie by itself, and probably to the vast majority of non-players it would be pretty bad.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    IMDB are user ratings, not critic. Anyone can go and vote 10 stars and boost the rating simply because they read the comic and think it'll be amazing.
    Why should we trust critics rather than the common users? The critics said that the warcraft movie flopped, but it didnt, it was a great movie.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2016-08-03 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Why should we trust critics rather than the common users? They critics said that the warcraft movie flopped, but it didnt, it was a great movie.
    Sigh.... the movie on any measure you like utterly flopped, at least in the US. Both critically and at the box office. Did it do well in China, yes, but that has different box office results for movies depending on various deals. I strongly doubt there will be a sequel.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-avoids-910268

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen a good comic book movie for sometime, I think the last one was X-men First Class and that was largely due to the soundtrack and the fresh cast. Rage & Serenity is still a great piece. Going to put it on now thanks!

Last edited by Chemii; 2016-08-03 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    There's been a few awful/cringy characters recently in the DC movies. A combination of bad casting and poor choice of character development, rather than just bad acting.

The leader board rankings probably look something like this as far as cringiest DC comic book character performances in the last 5 years:

1: Lex Luthor (Eisenberg) and Joker (Leto) tied for first
    2: Harley Quinn (Robbie)
    3: Catwoman (Hathaway)
    Seriously? Hathaway was my favorite Catwoman by lightyears.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Why should we trust critics rather than the common users?
    The same reason I don't ask for restaurant recommendations from people who eat KFC 6 days a week.

Asking for someone's recommendation also doesn't mean you're going to follow it, it can just be about information gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboriza View Post
    ''DC flops again?''

bitch please theres no worse movies than anything created by Marvel. Highly unlikely that this is worse. and Who the fk cares about RT.

Will Smith blows though
    Audiences, critics, box office revenue and home sales all disagree with you. But you are so cool for hating popular stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What the fuck, Arrow is absolute garbage and nothing like its source material. They fucking killed Black Canary. TWICE.

Flash is typical CW, too much drama.
    Thank god, They should kill the whole Lance family. At least Sara got shipped to Legends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Amazing!
    Who would have thought that the same marvel fanboys shills that threw stupid reviews at BvS would throw stupid reviews at the next DC film.
    AMAZING

Who woulda thought the same DC fanboys who cannot accept that DC fails on the big screen would fling any reason at all to defend a movie they are yet to see.
    READ and be less Ignorant.