Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythirus View Post
    Uh yeah guys, they are going to break the living fuck out of this addon
    https://discordcdn.com/attachments/1...212417/wtf.png
    Your pc can handle extreme distances show. Report at once at blizz hq cause u are accused of unfair advantage of having good pc. Plz be ready to be spanked by blizz lawyers.

Ty for your cooperation.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Right? A lot of folks forget that blizzard does whatever they want regardless of feedback. They say they listen, but the betas for legion and wod would disagree.
    They do listen, even if the answer is no. They can't just go "Oh yea, we'll fix that" every time some bitchy neckbeard throws a tantrum over a change in a videogame. For one it would leave the game in a post-apocalyptic state by next tuesday, second it would just sprout even more whiners they would have to cater to.

Just have a look at other times they made a change and reverted it.

1 - Change is made, people are literally hurt and start whining.
    2 - Blizzard revert the change.
    3 - The other camp comes out of hiding and starts crying even more.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    They do listen, even if the answer is no. They can't just go "Oh yea, we'll fix that" every time some bitchy neckbeard throws a tantrum over a change in a videogame. For one it would leave the game in a post-apocalyptic state by next tuesday, second it would just sprout even more whiners they would have to cater to.
    They're not "fixing" anything, though. They're going out of their way to break something. They're doing the opposite of what your position relies upon them not wanting to do for it to make sense. It really is remarkable that you're able to construct something so profoundly incoherent and illogical.

Why are there so many people defending blizzard out of principle, no matter how stupid the things they do are? Why are you fine with being treated like shit?

I guess I just don't get it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    They clearly want the camera at a certain distance, because they design fights with the Field of Vision in mind. So you have to turn the camera at times to see certain mechanics. It's adding difficulty, which I don't mind that much at all. I play a melee on top of it, so I can't see shit, I'll just have to learn to live with it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I think you refuse to face the reality because of your personal bias.
    I don't have any personal bias.

Camera distance does not change anything in my life. I do not care if it goes a mile away from your character or is stuck at three meters behind him. So whatever Blizzard does about it, I don't really care.
    I feel the same.

What I care, however, are people using exploits out of spite - and that, I don't agree.
    And this is where we disagree, firstly it isn't an exploit, addons cannot exploit, Blizzard specifically designed the system like that which is why no player will ever be banned for using an addon (the addon may be broken by Blizzard but there will never be any repercussions).

Secondly nobody is using it out of spite, people are using it because Blizzard incompetently removed a vital game setting because they (or at least the head devs) didn't use it personally and so didn't realise that hundreds of thousands of players did (which speaks volumes to their competency) and relied on it for their gaming experience.

Auctionner, Master Plan and DBM are all addons made using the API
    They are also addons that give their users significant advantages over players not using them, yet they aren't considered exploits either.

Pretyt much every single hardcore raider has said 30 distance is subpar for raiding, our view, especially in melee with a large boss is unbeliebable currently.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right? A lot of folks forget that blizzard does whatever they want regardless of feedback. They say they listen, but the betas for legion and wod everything we have seen since Vanilla alpha would disagree.
    Fixed that for you

Dude I'm not talking about class imbalance or ground animations. I'm talking about game breaking errors or functionality. How about the place in talador where you could get a buff and go into dungeons and just one shot bosses? That shit was reported tons of times on beta and not fixed for weeks and weeks. That's just one example. I'm pretty sure the majority of beta players will disagree as they have shown that they reply to people's feedback but don't seem to do a hell of a lot about it in many many cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Can't speak to vanilla but I know wod and legion was a disaster for beta.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The simple fix to Blizzard not liking that some players had different max zooms because some knew about the console commands was to unlock the UI slider so it maxed out at the same point as the console commands, however they shat the bed and did something stupid instead, then when the backlash came in they made up silly excuses which annoyed players further.

THEY caused this situation, it's their screw up, they have nobody to blame but themselves, and if they still look at their mess which has caused 25k+ players to download this addon in <24 hours and say "they don't know what they want, we must show them" then they are simply unfit to be designing videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    They clearly want the camera at a certain distance, because they design fights with the Field of Vision in mind. So you have to turn the camera at times to see certain mechanics.
    The problem is, often when tanking or melee dpsing you cannot do this due to the bosses model or the room getting in the way, I.E when tanking Mannoroth you had to turn the camera 180d so it was pointed at your face and zoom out behind him to see what was going on. Also raid leaders have to zoom out to see everything that's going on.

Right? A lot of folks forget that blizzard does whatever they want regardless of feedback. They say they listen, but the betas for legion and wod would disagree.
    Yeah, Its not like they reverted the water strider change after the mass out cry is it

- - - Updated - - -

They clearly want the camera at a certain distance, because they design fights with the Field of Vision in mind. So you have to turn the camera at times to see certain mechanics. It's adding difficulty, which I don't mind that much at all. I play a melee on top of it, so I can't see shit, I'll just have to learn to live with it.
    If that was true then they wouldn't make bosses like Mannoroth or Archimonde that literally take up your entire FoV so you can't see jack shit.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak to vanilla but I know wod and legion was a disaster for beta.
    I may have said this already in this thread but it bares repeating

Back in Vanilla (late beta IIRC) Blizzard announced some pretty major Warrior nerfs, it was obvious to anyone with more than one brain cell that they were near class ruining in their over-nerfyness. However Blizzard ignores the thousands of posts on it telling them they were wrong. So in protest thousands of warriors created gnomes on one server (AD IIRC) and marched to Ironforge. The lag got so bad that Blizzard locked character creation on the realm and started spawning infernals on the Bank/AH bridge to kill people. It failed, the server shat it's pants and went down.

Blizzard didn't just ignore pages of negative feedback, they flat out ignored thousands of their customers effectively DDoSing their server in an attempt to get through to them. That says pretty much all anyone needs to know about Blizzards community relations, they only listen to feedback when they feel like it, which isn't very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    After the fiasco that was WoD, I HIGHLY doubt that they will ban over this. Legion may not be key to Blizzard's survival, but it is to WoW's - they need as many as possible playing. They need good PR, they need the sub money. I had no idea it uses a bug when I installed it, and might uninstall to be safe, and see what happens. If it leads to bans, I can appeal and say I removed it. If they leave it alone, then I'll reinstall it and go on.

It's not clear anywhere on the addon download page that it uses a bug. I'll stop playing Blizzard games if they did anything more than a week suspension over this.
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!

There will not be any bans for this since it uses same scripts like some 3rd party actioncam addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    Hopefully, this will bug will be squashed soon. Need to tweet it and post it. They'll get it patched/hotfixed.
    Another killjoy (you must be fun at parties).
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2016-08-03 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I think you refuse to face the reality because of your personal bias. Camera distance does not change anything in my life. I do not care if it goes a mile away from your character or is stuck at three meters behind him. So whatever Blizzard does about it, I don't really care.

What I care, however, are people using exploits out of spite - and that, I don't agree. Also, this explanation makes no sense. Blizzard integrated those API for that very purpose. Auctionner, Master Plan and DBM are all addons made using the API the intended way. But breaking the game through the cheating of it for a function Blizzard spent weeks explaining why they wanted it gone is quite frankly utterly obvious that it's an exploit. I remember the addon that gave 3D tactical directions in WotLK and Blizzard doing the exact same thing as it was not used the way it was intended.

This is not the first time something like this happen and cheating through exploit is NOT the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    And what was their reasoning again? Cause all i found was the unfair advantage and the "we want players to see our artwork". Unless i missed some other reason plz enlight me.
    Indeed. It's the same BS as the "darker" nights all over again.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    There will not be any bans for this since it uses same scripts like some 3rd party actioncam addon ...
    I would laugh until my lungs bled if it turned out this was made possible due to the addition of that selfie cam they wasted so much dev time on XD

Deleted
    @Rehok

As a DPS on Manno or Arch you have enough visiblity to keep an eye out for what is required. Can you see everything that is going on in the fight? No, but is it needed? No.

@caervek

Why would a tank have to know what was going on at the other side of the boss on Manno? If you're not a DK with Mass Grip for Imps I have difficulties seeing why it would be required.

I think you refuse to face the reality because of your personal bias. Camera distance does not change anything in my life. I do not care if it goes a mile away from your character or is stuck at three meters behind him. So whatever Blizzard does about it, I don't really care.

What I care, however, are people using exploits out of spite - and that, I don't agree. Also, this explanation makes no sense. Blizzard integrated those API for that very purpose. Auctionner, Master Plan and DBM are all addons made using the API the intended way. But breaking the game through the cheating of it for a function Blizzard spent weeks explaining why they wanted it gone is quite frankly utterly obvious that it's an exploit. I remember the addon that gave 3D tactical directions in WotLK and Blizzard doing the exact same thing as it was not used the way it was intended.

This is not the first time something like this happen and cheating through exploit is NOT the right thing to do.
    Actually this is a bit different, its not an exploit if we can still cal the API function and it does what it always did, If the function is blocked and we are still able to call it, Then its an exploit. I'll say this again and again, It doesn't matter what blizzard do 3rd Party Programs are going to exist to unlock it and it will grow popular and blizzard will 1) Ban everyone who's using it causing their player base to take a big hit 2) Reinstate the CVar and let everyone have it again.

The part where you say those are part of the API for those reasons, So? Its still an unfair advantage, I can get timers and line my abilities up with them over someone who can't and will do much less damage then me. Blizzard's reason for getting rid of the CVar is complete bullshit, If they wanted it gone it should never have existed or been removed when they saw kill vids of every raider using it but nope they allowed it and it became common knowledge to use this CVar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    And what was their reasoning again? Cause all i found was the unfair advantage and the "we want players to see our artwork". Unless i missed some other reason plz enlight me.
    The implications of limiting the camera distance are huge. There are probably as many good as there are bad consequences to it. Ultimately that's a design decision, in tune with the temporary removal of flying mounts and harder leveling.

This makes melee characters risquier to play, putting a lot of emphasis on environment awareness and quick reactivity - yet maintaining a superior mobility. It comes in contrast to ranged players, who quite frankly lost a lot of mobility. Better view of the "battleground" is then only logical for ranged.

It's more challenging and also more in tune with third person RPG than strategic games. On the flip side, this makes coordination way harder for guild leaders and makes melee characters more at risk of doing fatal mistakes.

That's the game design point of view and I'm pretty sure they have other reasons as well. After all, I'm not a game designer myself, I just happen to know a lot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I don't have any personal bias.

I feel the same.

And this is where we disagree, firstly it isn't an exploit, addons cannot exploit, Blizzard specifically designed the system like that which is why no player will ever be banned for using an addon (the addon may be broken by Blizzard but there will never be any repercussions).

Secondly nobody is using it out of spite, people are using it because Blizzard incompetently removed a vital game setting because they (or at least the head devs) didn't use it personally and so didn't realise that hundreds of thousands of players did (which speaks volumes to their competency) and relied on it for their gaming experience.

They are also addons that give their users significant advantages over players not using them, yet they aren't considered exploits either.
    You misunderstand. These are functions that Blizzard said: "We're fine with them, as they are specific and dedicated to a small array of players that has no negative impact whatsoever on the overall population".

DBM is just a screen reminder of events. It does not tell you where to go or how to coordinate your raid. As I've stated earlier, there used to be an addon that did exactly that and was removed swiftly by Blizzard.

Auctionner could literally be replaced by pen and paper. I'm not stupid enough to say that it doesn't give an edge, but what it does is basically gathering data and you still have to make your own decisions/take risks. It doesn't make you an action house guru overnight.

Masterplan is the same thing. What it does is simply calculating the odds and tell you which group is the best for which quest. Ultimately, you're still the one taking - once again - the risks. It does not remove the player input required to make it work, nor does it break the API system.

These, in the end, saves you some time. Masterplan won't give you world first. Auctionner won't make you billionaire and DBM won't kill Archimonde.

The camera, however, fundamentally change the game design and is thus detrimental to how Blizzard design their game, which is why it was removed and why making an addon that goes explicitely against Blizzard philosophy will simply end-up being closed.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Rehok

As a DPS on Manno or Arch you have enough visiblity to keep an eye out for what is required. Can you see everything that is going on in the fight? No, but is it needed? No.

@caervek

Why would a tank have to know what was going on at the other side of the boss on Manno? If you're not a DK with Mass Grip for Imps I have difficulties seeing why it would be required.
    If it's not needed we are having a useless option that doesn't give us any advantage , they should let us have that useless option...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

@Rehok

As a DPS on Manno or Arch you have enough visiblity to keep an eye out for what is required. Can you see everything that is going on in the fight? No, but is it needed? No..
    I can see the boss, thats it. our kill last week, I could only see 1 infernal as i was right beside, I had no idea where the others were. Same Applies with Archimonde when the adds spawn (Dogs and Overfiend) i could see archimondes legs and the overfiend thats it. I also don't just dps (on mythic i do) i tank it aswell sometimes and its still a pain to pick up the adds because of the nameplates when i could click on the add and taunt it much easier.

I just happen to think I know a lot about it.
    Fixed that for you.