Very upset lost a unique pet skin

Was ignorant of the fact that timewalking wipes the oil-stained wolf skin away. My unique wolf skin that ive had for years is gone.

Anyone had this happen and have it restored via a kind GM or am I gonna have to suck it up and just accept hes gone forever.

Deleted
    It's probably gone forever, find a new pet.

Condolences brother!

But thanks for the warning as i also have this wolf, using him on a regular basis and wanted to try some timewalking dungeons with my twink hunter...

People say it randomly gets wiped away from bad phasing, it was inevitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Was ignorant of the fact that timewalking wipes the oil-stained wolf skin away. My unique wolf skin that ive had for years is gone.

Anyone had this happen and have it restored via a kind GM or am I gonna have to suck it up and just accept hes gone forever.
    As a fellow Hunter I am mroe upset at the fact that you kept your loyal companion covered in oil all these years

Can't you just tame another in Borean Tundra?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    They fixed the exploit used to obtain it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it was a glitch tame in Wrath.

They can't restore the oil effect. They can restore the pet itself, but it won't come with the effect.

I make a habit of stabling mine any time there is a timewalking week, just in case I accidentally pull it out. The pre-7.0 Stampede could also remove it even if you weren't using it as your main pet.

Not since Wrath of the Lich King.

Lost my ghost wolf with the sword stuck in his head from time walking. It was a sad day.

Those glitch effect pets can & will randomly turn normal just because of the new phasing tech. So I'm sorry for your loss OP but it's gone. The only place these pets are safe is in your stable which makes them kinda pointless.

Deleted
    Lost my spider with the fel taint that I only kept for optics, and not for the +15% as to not get banned for exploiting.
    Losing that felglow was a sad thing indeed.

Was also sad when they downsized wasps
    My heart was "aflutter" and "buzzing" with joy everytime I BWed my wasp as bm ;_; (Zzzzzzorry for the insect punzzz :P)

That's a bummer. I'm glad you said something because I thought it was only arena that took the oil effect off. I don't think there's any effort on the Blizz side to keep the effect since it's a glitch tame. They were just nice enough not to do a catch-all removal of it from the ones that we already tamed.