... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    I think I Fixed that for you.
    Am I doing it right?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The implications of limiting the camera distance are huge. There are probably as many good as there are bad consequences to it. Ultimately that's a design decision, in tune with the temporary removal of flying mounts and harder leveling.

This makes melee characters risquier to play, putting a lot of emphasis on environment awareness and quick reactivity - yet maintaining a superior mobility. It comes in contrast to ranged players, who quite frankly lost a lot of mobility. Better view of the "battleground" is then only logical for ranged.

It's more challenging and also more in tune with third person RPG than strategic games. On the flip side, this makes coordination way harder for guild leaders and makes melee characters more at risk of doing fatal mistakes.

That's the game design point of view and I'm pretty sure they have other reasons as well. After all, I'm not a game designer myself, I just happen to know a lot about it.

You misunderstand. These are functions that Blizzard said: "We're fine with them, as they are specific and dedicated to a small array of players that has no negative impact whatsoever on the overall population".

DBM is just a screen reminder of events. It does not tell you where to go or how to coordinate your raid. As I've stated earlier, there used to be an addon that did exactly that and was removed swiftly by Blizzard.

Auctionner could literally be replaced by pen and paper. I'm not stupid enough to say that it doesn't give an edge, but what it does is basically gathering data and you still have to make your own decisions/take risks. It doesn't make you an action house guru overnight.

Masterplan is the same thing. What it does is simply calculating the odds and tell you which group is the best for which quest. Ultimately, you're still the one taking - once again - the risks. It does not remove the player input required to make it work, nor does it break the API system.

These, in the end, saves you some time. Masterplan won't give you world first. Auctionner won't make you billionaire and DBM won't kill Archimonde.

The camera, however, fundamentally change the game design and is thus detrimental to how Blizzard design their game, which is why it was removed and why making an addon that goes explicitely against Blizzard philosophy will simply end-up being closed.
    Laziest game design I have ever seen.
    It simply makes the game more annoying. Not fun.
    That is not a good game design philosophy. You are supposed to be having fun. Not be experiencing physical discomfort and annoyance because the camera is zoomed the fck in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    I can see the boss, thats it. our kill last week, I could only see 1 infernal as i was right beside, I had no idea where the others were. Same Applies with Archimonde when the adds spawn (Dogs and Overfiend) i could see archimondes legs and the overfiend thats it. I also don't just dps (on mythic i do) i tank it aswell sometimes and its still a pain to pick up the adds because of the nameplates when i could click on the add and taunt it much easier.
    Yeah I was struggling as well.
    Playing memes with these large frame bosses is ridiculous. Hopefully in legion the bosses are scaled down in size.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstand. These are functions that Blizzard said: "We're fine with them, as they are specific and dedicated to a small array of players that has no negative impact whatsoever on the overall population".
    I don't misunderstand, it's just when Blizzard gives a reason which is stupid/silly/nonsensicle, I like most players take exception to it instead of just saying "this is the way Blizzard wills it, this is the way it should be".

DBM is just a screen reminder of events. It does not tell you where to go or how to coordinate your raid.
    Actually it does exactly that, it even has arrows/radars.

Auctionner could literally be replaced by pen and paper. I'm not stupid enough to say that it doesn't give an edge, but what it does is basically gathering data and you still have to make your own decisions/take risks. It doesn't make you an action house guru overnight.

Masterplan is the same thing. What it does is simply calculating the odds and tell you which group is the best for which quest. Ultimately, you're still the one taking - once again - the risks. It does not remove the player input required to make it work, nor does it break the API system.
    Question: Do they give an advantage to players who use them compared to players who don't.
    Answer: Yes.

DBM won't kill Archimonde.
    DBM is more likely to make the difference between killing Archimonde and not killing Archimonde than camera distance is, many times more.

The camera, however, fundamentally change the game design and is thus detrimental to how Blizzard design their game, which is why it was removed and why making an addon that goes explicitly against Blizzard philosophy will simply end-up being closed.
    Your opinion would have some merit, had it not worked this way FOR THIRTEEN YEARS.

It is Blizzard's nerf that has fundamentally and negatively changed the game, it is in no way detrimental to how Blizzard design their game because WoW (and LEgion) were designed before they randomly made this change, this has nothing to do with their philosophy they were simply pruning options (as is the theme with Legion) and when confronted by players over it they underestimated how important the issue was and just gave a throwaway response. Then when it turned out they had kicked a hornets nest thye dug their heels in instead of owning up to their error and fixing it.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-08-03 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Yeah I was struggling as well.
    Playing memes with these large frame bosses is ridiculous. Hopefully in legion the bosses are scaled down in size.
    If you've seen beta fights then nope, Giant ass Dragon as first boss, Luckily no adds!, I think one boss is 4 dragons? fighting 2 at same time with adds spawn (i think if i remember correctly) and Xavius is pretty damn big and has adds although the bosses are not manno/archi size still pretty damn big

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Laziest game design I have ever seen.
    It simply makes the game more annoying. Not fun.
    That is not a good game design philosophy. You are supposed to be having fun. Not be experiencing physical discomfort and annoyance because the camera is zoomed the fck in.
    Then again that's what a third person RPG is. A lot of people play the intended way without any issues. This doesn't mean that I don't understand it's disruptive to a portion of the playerbase. As I've admitted, this leads to a lot of changes for individual players but also for raiding/PvPing guilds at large.

I just don't happen to believe that it's going to be insurmountable.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I don't misunderstand, it's just when Blizzard gives a reason which is stupid/silly/nonsensicle, I like most players take exception to it instead of just saying "this is the way Blizzard wills it, this is the way it should be".

Actually it does exactly that, it even has arrows/radars.

Question: Do they give an advantage to players who use them compared to players who don't.
    Answer: Yes.

DBM is more likely to make the difference between killing Archimonde and not killing Archimonde than camera distance is, many times more.

Your opinion would have some merit, had it not worked this way FOR THIRTEEN YEARS.

It is Blizzard's nerf that has fundamentally and negatively changed the game, it is in no way detrimental to how Blizzard design their game because WoW (and LEgion) were designed before they randomly made this change, this has nothing to do with their philosophy they were simply pruning options (as is the theme with Legion) and when confronted by players over it they underestimated how important the issue was and just gave a throwaway response. Then when it turned out they had kicked a hornets nest thye dug their heels in instead of owning up to their error and fixing it.
    Blizzard makes design changes all the time. They also have the data, which mean they know how widely the cvar was used. Ultimately, they made the decision to remove it. Now I'm not going to argue with you about the other addons, because we would still be debating tomorrow. From my perspective, DBM radar only indicated other players positions, it does not tell you where to go, you still have to make that decision. As for advantage, it means: "Could this person do the same thing without it", which is no in the case of the camera, but yes with DBM/Auctionner/Masterplan.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2016-08-03 at 01:47 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Nice opinion blizzboy fanshit - 10/10, now let me tell you reality : Camera change doesn't affect you? - good for you then = you don't care, but it hurts US and in very negative way alas it reduces our "QOL" to the ground - thing which blizzard seems to care so much about recently(catering to hamsters), but we DO CARE about it cuz game became unplayable for us and even worse then that for some people cuz it affects their ability to play at all.

This fucking change is worst shit happened to Tanks/Melee since vanilla - any raider who atleast remotely could be called somewhere near good(till ~top400-500 maybe)will say that to you. The real problem that this "new" stupid shit dev team doesn't even understand what they are doing.
    Don't insult me boy, you know nothing about life. I am just saying what Blizz said. You say it makes no difference but Blizzard says it does and they can do what they want with their game. If you don't like IT stop fucking playing!

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I said it before, i'll say it again, if you need more max camera distance than what the game allows you now, you're doing something really, really wrong. And this is coming from someone that plays melee exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    I said it before, i'll say it again, if you need more max camera distance than what the game allows you now, you're doing something really, really wrong. And this is coming from someone that plays melee exclusively.
    Care to explain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Well, seems I am reported for trolling even tho I'm just trying to help out Blizzard.
    Sarcasm is for winners....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Agree completely, also a player that only plays melee, both as dps and tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    People can't come back with evidence because there is none. (I know that's pretty much what you mean but I just feel the need to type this anyways).

I've been playing a warrior since Vanilla (different levels of skill ranging from casual to very hardcore), used the console command for some time because it was "fun and new". But if there's anyone who says their melee class is unplayable after the removal of that max distance they can't play anyways.

There's absolutely NO need for that camera distance to do anything. Are some people more comfortable/used to it? Yeah probably, but that's not a valid reason. I really hope blizzard finds a way of stopping these addons without breaking the API.

Kormok progression, first pillar is on left side...you're a dps warrior. 2nd pillar spawned far right, third spawned middle. there's 8 seconds left until they must die, there is hardly anyone on far right but its at 25 percent.

new max camera looking down you can see your pillar and center one...you would have to be swiveling constantly or wait for someone to call how low it is.

old max camera distance you could make a judgement call see your pillar is going to die in time then heroic leap to the other side and get over there in execute time and make sure it dies.

YES YOU CAN ARGUE THAT SOMEONE CAN SAY "HEY THE PILLAR ON THE RIGHT ISN'T DYING, AND THAT YOU CAN USE FRAMES TO SEE PILLAR HEALTH AND YOU CAN SWIVEL YOUR CAMERA". but really wouldn't you rather just be able to see whats going on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Care to explain?
    I agree with him just on the context that I never needed it, as a melee, and raid leader. However, I do support having the max camera just because it is for others preferred playstyle. I don't think others get an advantage, which is why I think Blizz's reason is pure BS. On the flip side, I think the concept of needing it is also BS. I see it as a preferred playstyle than an advantage.

Don't get me wrong, I do support the max camera being brought back but I do not support the "I need it" reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Romoreas View Post
    Kormok progression, first pillar is on left side...you're a dps warrior. 2nd pillar spawned far right, third spawned middle. there's 8 seconds left until they must die, there is hardly anyone on far right but its at 25 percent.

new max camera looking down you can see your pillar and center one...you would have to be swiveling constantly or wait for someone to call how low it is.

old max camera distance you could make a judgement call see your pillar is going to die in time then heroic leap to the other side and get over there in execute time and make sure it dies.

YES YOU CAN ARGUE THAT SOMEONE CAN SAY "HEY THE PILLAR ON THE RIGHT ISN'T DYING, AND THAT YOU CAN USE FRAMES TO SEE PILLAR HEALTH AND YOU CAN SWIVEL YOUR CAMERA". but really wouldn't you rather just be able to see whats going on?
    Indeed. Because let's just look at UI, frames and bars now because that's more fun instead of actually playing the game, seeing it for yourself and using your eyes and head.

/s

Am I doing it right?
    Oh don't get all butthurt because some1 told the truth. ^^
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2016-08-03 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Agree completely, also a player that only plays melee, both as dps and tank.
    Mythic Blast Furnace Progression, Mythic Oregorger 2nd phase, Mythic Kormok, Mythic Hellfire Assault, Heroic Netharion, I can go on forever... if people would go back and think about encounters where being zoomed out allowed you to see things you wouldn't normally see.

Now if they want to stop designing encounters in a fashion to where you can see everything that's going on in their new max camera distance I'm ok with that but that has never been the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romoreas View Post
    Mythic Blast Furnace Progression, Mythic Oregorger 2nd phase, Mythic Kormok, Mythic Hellfire Assault, Heroic Netharion, I can go on forever... if people would go back and think about encounters where being zoomed out allowed you to see things you wouldn't normally see.

Now if they want to stop designing encounters in a fashion to where you can see everything that's going on in their new max camera distance I'm ok with that but that has never been the case.
    Who ever said Max Camera distance didn't let you see thing you couldn't before? What we're saying is, if you struggle to play without, you're doing something wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Won't happen. Ever. Even AVR back in WOTLK didn't get people banned. But blizzard disabled it pretty quick.
    just a quick note there were people banned for simple addon usage but that dates back deep into vanilla since there is no harm anymore in mentioning the name ill just do it

the addon was called "superman"

some of the features i remember it had
    it let your character basicly fly (turn on and off gravity)
    make your character invisible (like gm walk everywhere without drawing aggro or beeing seen)
    make your character invincible (no damage taken from what ever source)
    teleport your character (you could setup x y z coordinates and teleport to those places including save and load coordinate places
    detatch your camera from your camera (actually this is still possible but wont go into details how this is acomplished without blizzard noticing)
    in the past it was acomplished by exploiting the headnod variable "headboobing" frequency and amplitude which were accessable for clients so you went into ego mode and just let your had bounce a litte more then 2 cm more like 5 km or something and stopped it while you were in the air

you can imagine blizzards reaction to hits but in a sense you are very close with your statment since even blizzard employies are not aware of that things in the past http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9499700809 here you can see clearly that even blizzard employies have no clue about the history

there was more stuff like that bulk creation of character exceed the character limit bulk setup of accounts multiple character online at the same time from one account it was needed to do stuff like that
    http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysid...w_spammer1.jpg
    http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...sadsadsure.jpg

so next time you know better there were bans for addon usage in the past with good reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Oh don't get all butthurt because some1 told what I think is the truth. ^^
    I think I'm getting the handle of it!
    Google Diversity Memo

They will probably fix the API (so it clamps) because it's basically broken

this is not max, but you can see textures not even loading here anymore, it goes way beyond, you can zoom literally all over any map.

Not max either, i don't think there is a max but you see lots of fog... so it's not useful (already max viewdistance set)
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2016-08-03 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Who ever said Max Camera distance didn't let you see thing you couldn't before? What we're saying is, if you struggle to play without, you're doing something wrong.
    Why is it a bad thing to see more though?
    Last edited by Romoreas; 2016-08-03 at 02:28 PM.