Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The ability pruning somewhat. I liked having tons of keybinds, even if i didn't use some of them all the time. I can see why they did it and in the end it isn't that big of a deal to me, but meh.

Also they completely ruined brewmasters for me, so i hate legion for that atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Seriously with the artifact system I'm more inclined to play classes that have 1 dps spec than ones that have 3. Historically if you were ele shaman or shadow priest even when your class wasn't that good but you had a spot in your guild, you were free to keep playing your class and spec unless the guild was super duper mega cutting edge hardcore and enforced class stacking and raiding alts (it's maybe top 200-300 guilds in the world).

If you were a class with 3 dps specs, you were expected, even enforced to switch to the "best spec" as soon as buffs / nerfs hit. Since in legion you cannot easily switch specs without grinding your ass off to upkeep 3 artifacts, I'm definitely not gonna bother. I raided mythic with ele shamans and shadow priests on the team, but did I see a mage allowed to stay frost whole hfc? A bm hunter? An assasination rogue? A demo lock (outside of 2-3 bosses they could offset the nerfs with massive aoe)? Hell no. And what if I like that spec that Blizz will pigeon hole into being the underdog and stepchild of a 3-dps-spec class? Not gonna risk it.
    My original gripe still stands, there aren't many good options of going petless and having fun as a caster/ranged. Regardless of Legion being better to focus on a single spec, I'd like to be versatile, and have at least cursory experience with the other specs of my class (I'm fine with melee/ranged and tank roles, but not healing). I just want a caster that I can enjoy without gimping myself by avoiding pets, with options to switch if necessary. There aren't any solid casters like that.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    too much spectacle creep
    I can't see agreeing with this........

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    I can't see agreeing with this........
    That is cause you are blinded by all the pixels

Without having actually played anything, I would say Class Halls. My fear is that they will be too similar to garrisons.

I also fear that PvP won't be balanced at all until mid expac. I suppose time will tell, I am not hyped for Legion - rather cautiously optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary Items. I really want them, but I don't want to grind like a madman or just rest on luck to find them
    Max Camera Distance reduction: that's simply the worst.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

My issues with Legion?

1. Camera Distance - Seriously just a stupid thing to do. I can't get over how annoying this change is.
    2. Flying - When will flying come in Legion? I'm guessing, much too far in. I have a feeling we are going to want it much sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Malstrum View Post
    Without having actually played anything, I would say Class Halls. My fear is that they will be too similar to garrisons.

I also fear that PvP won't be balanced at all until mid expac. I suppose time will tell, I am not hyped for Legion - rather cautiously optimistic.
    I can say having played beta, Class Halls are really not garrisons. PvP on the other hand is hard to tell. It's been unbalanced for a large portion of the beta. It feels better now than before is my understanding though. I would hesitate to say it's "good" though.

The changes to Affliction and Destruction warlocks.

Balancing/Artifacts - they go hand in hand. For example I want to be a Frost mage, yet they are grossly behind Fire. So you start Fire and invest in it's Artifact, then Blizzard finally pulls their heads out of their asses and both buff Frost while nerfing Fire. Now you have both viable however Frost is way behind on Artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    enhance shaman.

i HATE the way it plays now. in WoD, i had literally 0 down time, never waited on anything to cd, never waited on a resource, and i dealt shitloads of damage. it was perfect.

now, i have down time, i don't deal as much damage, and it's just bullshit.
    Talent something other than Boulderfist, and you won't have any downtime. I've never played enhancement prior to the latest changes, so don't have much basis for comparision, but shaman is basically the only class in the game I find remotely fun to play at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And it's amazing. Now i don't have to study the piano for 5 years and maintain +20 keybinds for nonsense content.
    Pianos have 88 keys.

Deleted
    I only experienced a bit of legion so far. The story feels good as far as other content like raids and dungeons; I expect it get stale like in every other expansion but they do feel fresh compared to the dungeons that we currently have. But this could also be credited to the lore/story.

Artifact weapons/profession quest seem to add some uniqueness to replaying the content on a new class but the amount of time needed to pump in a single weapon to min/max it counters the alting. At least for the average Joe who has a 40 hour a week job.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Talent something other than Boulderfist, and you won't have any downtime. I've never played enhancement prior to the latest changes, so don't have much basis for comparision, but shaman is basically the only class in the game I find remotely fun to play at this point.
    rockbiter is so weak, that it feels like boulderfist is the only really viable option.

enhance just shouldn't be this way. the class fantasy is being the channel for the fury of the elements, fury is fast and hard and powerful.

It's still not here.

The class revamps are largely worthless.

Deleted
    Two things:

1. What was the biggest issue with WoD, except for the lack of additional content? That we were chained to a specific playstyle. Log in, check mission table, send new guys on missions, possibly do some Garrison stuff, queue up and wait.

Nothing has changed in Legion. In fact in Legion you are more tied to your Class Order Hall than you were your Garrison, because you need your AP, whereas the Garrison mostly yielded gold.

This rigid playstyle will tire people out. Remember when you first got your Garrison and it was kinda cool for a week? Yeah, that did not last, did it now? Yet people believe they will want to do daily Taanan Jungle esque missions for a year or two? Playing the beta, i would argue that this rigid playstyle is much worse in Legion than it was in WoD. At some point you were done with Taanan Jungle, even the people who went for pets and mounts were eventually finished with it. That is not the case with Legion, you need AP.

2. The "class fantasy" and Artifact weapon, are just smoke screens for reseting the game, by taking away your abilities and having you grind them back. Either your abilities are gone or they are in the PvP talent tree. I know this is a game of dragons and elves and orcs and other bullshit, but it makes no sense that Druids have "forgotten" Cyclone or other such nonsense. You even get the title Archdruid. This is true for all classes, its silly.

Every expansion should be about being more powerful, having more tools. Yet this expansion might be the first one that goes against that. We lost some abilities in MoP but they were truly useless. Now we have lost core abilities, its a huge risk.

Garrisons was a FB game inserted in your WoW, and in the end, functioned best as a dull gold making machine. Class Order Halls are much worse than that and will impact the game more negatively than Garrisons ever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class Order hall mission tables. I don't know if I'll be able to ignore them like I want too, they are just way too lucrative atm.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Right now I mostly have minor worries, and I'd like to see Valor vendors and/or upgrades. Sadly Blizzard thinks that is too "calculated", which is kind of ironic. Having Valor upgrades is an excellent carrot-on-a-stick for players, while not necessarily speeding up gear progression as new gear is released and the 'grind' starts over. Or maybe it's just me that prefers to see a new exciting drop become even more powerful, and not just drop, equip, woop. The more avenues for small but significant paths of progression, the better.

More of a post directed to recent posts in the thread

Class Halls:
    Are not feeding you all the profession mats you'd ever need, or making you pick personal flowers and mine your own mining shaft every morning
    Is not a solitary fortress
    Does not make you send out multiple missions 3 times a day on every character
    The champions are not *just* ticking timers
    Is not necessarily the go-to area when you're out of things to do
    Doesn't "need" to be "cleared" every day in order to stay at your preferred pace

And most importantly:
    Is not stuck in the unfortunate position Garrisons were, when Garrisons was the ONLY progression available outside of raids (and this is the major reason we got sick and tired of it) because everything else in Draenor, from factions to treasures to quest lines offered pretty much nothing but cosmetic crap or i650 garbage. Other than Tanaan tokens for items then feeding the i695 upgrades from role bonuses in LFD/LFR, Draenor offered next to nothing progression-wise after hitting i650. Embarrassing how much the MoP feedback on "mandatory chores" ruined Draenor.

But they both have command tables, so they're exactly the same

Class Order Halls are much worse than that and will impact the game more negatively than Garrisons ever did.
    Simply,
    No
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-08-04 at 05:47 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I will miss getting new weapons and shields, really only get one for the expansion, plus the whole thing with the weapon looks rather grindy

Deleted
    I think the extra RNG on gear ilvl is gonna suck for me. I always have bad luck like things not dropping at all after lots and lots of runs. (At least in MoP when I last played, coming back for Legion). I am sure when it finally does drop I'll get the lowest ilvl possible while captain casual will get the highest ilvl at the first run. For the record, in this case captain casual is a RL friend who used to join the odd dungeon or raid and usually manages to get fully geared in just 1/2 runs trough everything while I somehow end up farming content for a long time without ever seeing my shit drop.

Edit: Same will go for the legendary. Captain casual will get his best legendary first obviously and I'll most likely never see my best option