Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    DC just doesn't do movies well. I think they take themselves too seriously.

I thought Suicide Squad might be decent but I'm not shocked that its tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    DC just doesn't do movies well. I think they take themselves too seriously.

I thought Suicide Squad might be decent but I'm not shocked that its tanking.
    Their animated straight to dvd ones are surprisingly better than all the theater releases between both marvel and DC imo.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    A movie can only be carried so much by neckbeards wanting to jerk off to Harley Quinn.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

As far as I can tell, the most critical reviews are based almost entirely on the film not passing a lot of political spot-checks by the critic, not even based on it as a film unto itself.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    A movie can only be carried so much by neckbeards wanting to jerk off to Harley Quinn.
    For the last time, my friend came over and is the one that searched "Harley Quinn ASMR Roleplay," not me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Yeah, it's a grand conspiracy against DC.
    It has nothing to do with the fact that post-Nolan DC has been nothing but crap, trailer shots and unironic grimdark.
    Marvel movies are also just trash. And yet...

I could not care less what critics say about a movie. If the public audience likes it I'm pretty I'd like it too if I went to see it.

It seems like critics already made up their mind to either like or dislike a movie way before they go and see it nowadays. Just look at new Ghostbusters movie as an example.

When I decide to go and see a movie I trust my friends and other public viewers opinions a lot more than a movie critics.

I prefer DC movies over Marvel movies even though I'm a bigger Marvel fan when it comes to the comics. Primarily because DC actually allows the movies to be as dark as the comics. They don't mind the audience having to sit through dark scenes or feel negative/heavy emotions. Marvel on the other hand, tries so hard to create these positive, kid friendly, popcorn money-grab movies that seem to assume that movie-goers are too emotionally underdeveloped to experience negative emotions and still come off feeling positive about the film. It feels almost like how the last two Star Wars films (original trilogy) were targeted at children after George Lucas realized how much money he could make off of toys. And I think the box offices and reviews for the DC films have shown that Marvels assumption is correct. In the Marvel films, there can never be a serious or depressing line that isn't immediately followed by a black or female character saying something witty to bring the mood back to positive or get a laugh. Marvel feels so afraid of making people feel dark emotions. And that's not good. Imagine if the authors of great classic literature had written their books in this manner. If OF MICE AND MEN had put a funny line right after Lenny was shot and had a konga line of rabbits dance past his corpse as his spirit fluttered around with tiny little wings and flew to Heaven, the book would never have become a classic. Art needs to make the viewer feel a wide range of emotions and assuming that the audience is too mentally or emotionally underdeveloped to understand or still have a positive reaction to the art is very insulting to the audience. But I guess it's less insulting when your primary target is children, which is clearly the direction Marvel/Disney is going. I'll stick with dark/gritty/mature/non-condescending DC films for now. My 6 year old daughter loves Marvel films though, so I end up seeing them all anyway.

I don't know if this has been posted or not but it's fucking hilarious
    http://comicbook.com/2016/08/02/dc-f...tten-tomatoes/

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Their animated straight to dvd ones are surprisingly better than all the theater releases between both marvel and DC imo.
    I have to agree with this, even the least of those movies is better than any of the live action releases from either franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Still hyped for my midnight showing on Thursday.

Critics have been very hit and miss lately, I enjoyed BvS even though it was flawed, but to hear critics tell it, its literally the worst movie ever made. Similarly I loathed Ghostbusters, and according to critics that makes me a woman hater.
    I watched BvS, it was a horrible mess with awful writing. Which is a shame because I actually liked the actors; I'm not sure if I like Henry Cavill or not, because Superman being as emo as Spider-man(I hate spider-man too) just makes me hate the character. I really just blame it on Zack Snyder, the man also responsible for Man of Steel, and Watchmen. I'm sad to see they put the Justice League in his hands, because I want more good superhero movies.

I am hoping Suicide Squad is good, not going to make a judgement on it until after I watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You´re saying the average opinion of thousands of users isn´t trustworthy, but from a few selected critics is?

How exactly is the movie flopping if people are giving it good ratings?
    Because fanboys are obviously biased?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    I prefer DC movies over Marvel movies even though I'm a bigger Marvel fan when it comes to the comics. Primarily because DC actually allows the movies to be as dark as the comics. They don't mind the audience having to sit through dark scenes or feel negative/heavy emotions. Marvel on the other hand, tries so hard to create these positive, kid friendly, popcorn money-grab movies that seem to assume that movie-goers are too emotionally underdeveloped to experience negative emotions and still come off feeling positive about the film. It feels almost like how the last two Star Wars films (original trilogy) were targeted at children after George Lucas realized how much money he could make off of toys. And I think the box offices and reviews for the DC films have shown that Marvels assumption is correct. In the Marvel films, there can never be a serious or depressing line that isn't immediately followed by a black or female character saying something witty to bring the mood back to positive or get a laugh. Marvel feels so afraid of making people feel dark emotions. And that's not good. Imagine if the authors of great classic literature had written their books in this manner. If OF MICE AND MEN had put a funny line right after Lenny was shot and had a konga line of rabbits dance past his corpse as his spirit fluttered around with tiny little wings and flew to Heaven, the book would never have become a classic. Art needs to make the viewer feel a wide range of emotions and assuming that the audience is too mentally or emotionally underdeveloped to understand or still have a positive reaction to the art is very insulting to the audience. But I guess it's less insulting when your primary target is children, which is clearly the direction Marvel/Disney is going. I'll stick with dark/gritty/mature/non-condescending DC films for now. My 6 year old daughter loves Marvel films though, so I end up seeing them all anyway.
    But is it really worth seeing a crappy movie because it can be dark? Hasn't been a decent DC movie since the Dark Knight Trilogy...and doesn't look like there is gonna be a decent movie in the future as long as they keep doing these shitty ideas and lousy casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Waiting for a Squirrel Girl movie.
    Actually I wouldn't mind seeing any film featuring a Ditko creation (Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Hawk & Dove, The Creeper, Speedball, Squirrel Girl etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    B
    But is it really worth seeing a crappy movie because it can be dark? Hasn't been a decent DC movie since the Dark Knight Trilogy...and doesn't look like there is gonna be a decent movie in the future as long as they keep doing these shitty ideas and lousy casts.
    The cast isn't to blame for poor writing/directing, the writers and director are. They need to can Zack Snyder if they want Justice League to have a chance at being decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Actually I wouldn't mind seeing any film featuring a Ditko creation (Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Hawk & Dove, The Creeper, Speedball, Squirrel Girl etc).
    You'll get your wish, Doctor Strange is out on November 4th! I'm pretty hyped for it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You'll get your wish, Doctor Strange is out on November 4th! I'm pretty hyped for it .
    Yes, I've been a bit hyped for that for a few months now myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Nolan's Batman has no place in this DC Universe anyway...
    Affleck's Batman is a clear extension of the Nolan Batman thematically, as I discussed in the BvS thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Because fanboys are obviously biased?
    Don´t tell me you think there are only DC fanboys on imdb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted or not but it's fucking hilarious
    http://comicbook.com/2016/08/02/dc-f...tten-tomatoes/
    I know I was a bit harsh on Rotten Tomatoes earlier in this thread but damn I wouldn't go that far lol.

I say just ignore them but silencing opinion is a tad dumb even if you don't agree with it, then again I havent seen the movie yet so they could be right, but I stand by my thought of making my own mind up not basing it on so called "critics" :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Because any user can vote on IMDB. Not a trustworthy website
    but can you really trust a site that had a critic rate dragon ball z movie really high

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Don´t tell me you think there are only DC fanboys on imdb.
    I've always had it described as "Facebook for people in the industry". Seriously, who goes to IMDB for reviews?