Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    Too bad I'm playing WoW since Vanilla and I'm enjoying everything except leveling.

Stop spreading nonsense please
    Want to craft something? Level professions.
    Want to raid? Raise your item level.
    Want to PvP? Level your prestige.
    Want to pet battle? Collect and level up your pets.

Unless all you do RP. You've been doing nothing but leveling this whole time.

Stop spreading nonsense, please.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Want to PvP? Level your prestige.

Unless all you do RP. You've been doing nothing but leveling this whole time.
    All I did in WoD was to PvP. I hate leveling but I only needed to do that once per toon (+ gearing up for PvP trough BGs/Arena).
    I enjoy WoW yet hate leveling.
    How again is PvP only leveling your prestige?

I remember preparing for WoD like this, Clearing out my characters I found like 200 strength potions and assorted other items for this that I never used lol. I won't be bothering. There is no point in burning through it for me. There are no server firsts, which I wouldn't get anyway. I'm not in a bleeding edge guild. I'm past the point of skipping work for a video game. Even if I did take a day off I would be behind once I did go back to work. I'll just take my time and play when I play.

Deleted
    Probably not going to this expansion since I'm buying a physical CE and Blizzard have decided to just unbind keys again in Legion instead of refunding a digital copy as gametime like in MOP.

I think Blizzard are probably the only company where buying the collectors edition gives you an objectively worse package now that DH early access, boosts and on-day play are all things you miss out on unless you buy a second copy of the game.

Had realm firsts in previous expansions though - fill your bags with pots (especially speed potions) a few flasks and learn your questing route. In MOP I was the first person into Kun'lai and it was pretty straightforward after that. Legion gimps that a lot by making zones all scale with you, so you'll instead need to find the smoothest path without backtracking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artesia View Post
    All I did in WoD was to PvP. I hate leveling but I only needed to do that once per toon (+ gearing up for PvP trough BGs/Arena).
    I enjoy WoW yet hate leveling.
    How again is PvP only leveling your prestige?
    Welcome to Legion.

As far as I know, you're going to level your prestige to buy gear and talents.
    Enjoy your PvP leveling.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Welcome to Legion.

As far as I know, you're going to level your prestige to buy gear and talents.
    Enjoy your PvP leveling.
    Yes, you have to get to honor level 50 to have access to all PvP talents. But it won't take that long and in expansions before you had to do battlegrounds to get gear anyway.

Personally I don't think it is the best solution but it is alright, so no complaint from me (at least for now ).

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you have to get to honor level 50 to have access to all PvP talents. But it won't take that long and in expansions before you had to do battlegrounds to get gear anyway.

Personally I don't think it is the best solution but it is alright, so no complaint from me (at least for now ).
    It's still leveling, though. Also, as new gear comes out, you'll have to relevel prestige.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Why power level? So you can complain there is no content in 48 hrs? Seriously take your time and enjoy the game, feels like a meeting ground for sweaty fat fucks on this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Why power level? So you can complain there is no content in 48 hrs? Seriously take your time and enjoy the game, feels like a meeting ground for sweaty fat fucks on this post...
    Because some people enjoy seeing how fast you can do it?

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I got 5 days off work booked like every xpack since TBC.
    I will precook food for 5 days. Mostly Chicken breast's veggies and rice to keep my protein intake high and dont loose to much muscle without my daily 10k of running and 1 hour of body weigh training. And ofc Protein shakes.
    For good tunes TrancEye's 150bpm sets i train to. And Suzy Solar.

For staying awake sugar free energy drinks. Loads of vitamins and preworkout pills i use daily for training thats loaded with caffeine.
    Once That wont work i got Modafinil that usually does the job. Got some amphetamine but thats not good for gaming FACT .

Im not that good as when i was awake for almost 80 hours and gotten realm firs 80 passing next guy by 5 hours. Good times when i gamed hardcore aka Finished whole SWP raid and went on leveling mode to get realms firsts. Went to sleep after 80 for 6 hours and got up ate pizza and played next 20 hours grinding heroics. In that week off i drank over 40 energy drinks lol
    Jesus christ, your heart is going to explode.

It's still leveling, though. Also, as new gear comes out, you'll have to relevel prestige.
    Yes it is leveling but a different "style". You don't do quests or dungeons to level, you do a BG. That is more fun for me because I like BGs more than Questing/ normal Dungeons.

And no, you don't have to relevel prestige when new gear comes out. You level it once to level 50 at the beginning of legion and then you are done for the expansion. (Except if you want to actually prestige for the cosmetic rewards and re-level to 50. But that is totally optional and doesn't increase your power level).

I'll be having a few cans of red bull, some junk food on the side.

Ingame I'll have completely clean bags and atlas loot installed and that's pretty much it. I'll probably be online when servers are stable for a good 5-10 hours to level, but it'll be at a relaxed pace, I'm not going for server firsts or anything. Maybe a couple of early cheeky greens thrown in the AH for an outrageous price.

Oh when the servers are dodgy in the new leveling zone, I'll be in one of the older zones doing something....... something sneaky.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because some people enjoy seeing how fast you can do it?
    Some people do enjoy that but those are the people who usually complain that there's no content at the end. Well guess what? You're at fault for that for blowing through content. Blame yourself. Though, with Legion, I feel like that won't be an issue but who knows. I could be completely wrong on that. I know I have been there before where I rushed to max level and got bored quickly. Won't happen again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I'm going to stock up ingame and out and power through the leveling. I didn't for WoD which was fine because of the massive server issues, but I did for MoP. I had all sorts of snacks nearby, as well as an iced down cooled full of beverages. I doubt I'll power through it, but who knows, I might get the gumption and stock up on everything a few days before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is leveling but a different "style". You don't do quests or dungeons to level, you do a BG. That is more fun for me because I like BGs more than Questing/ normal Dungeons.

And no, you don't have to relevel prestige when new gear comes out. You level it once to level 50 at the beginning of legion and then you are done for the expansion. (Except if you want to actually prestige for the cosmetic rewards and re-level to 50. But that is totally optional and doesn't increase your power level).
    You prestige level is consumed by the gear that you buy. As new seasons come out, stronger gear becomes available that you'll spend your prestige level on. You still have the 10% gear level to deal with when comparing contrasting ilvl between you and your opponent. Yes, there is a lot of cosmetic rewards, but buying gear (especially if you don't do anything but PvP) is going to be a very realist aspect of Legion. It's just that the maximum difference between you and any other player will be 10% stats. To have every advantage in rated PvP, you'll still have to possess high ilvl gear by continually releveling your prestige to get it.

Also, dismissing leveling by picking and choosing what type of leveling something is (while it's all under the umbrella of leveling) doesn't defuse the aspect that you are, in fact, still leveling.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Like every expansion I'll dedicate 2-3 days to WOW only. Coffee and some Soda for drinks and junk food to eat. Snacks like nuts, beef jerky, sweets and cornflakes. Usually I'm eating very healthy so that's one of the few times I'll binge on crap.

Ingame I cleaned up the bank and all the bags. Updated addons, adjusted and moved UI stuff. Only thing left is to do is to find a leveling outfit and mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Fave View Post
    Hey folks,

this is for the guys who want to go to sleep until they are 110. Im wondering how you guys prepare for leveling.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but you sleeping doesn't make your character level.

Deleted
    Buff food, flasks, potions (invis, swiftness, buff etc.), gliders, waterstrider and turtle. Some curry, frozen pizza, few energy drinks and water for three days. That should be about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    I have this sneaking suspicion that those who clear fast are the ones who complain about no content.
    Plenty of peeps will zoom to max level in about 10-12 hours... others may take a week. Do you really think 6 days makes the difference between a person who thinks there is no content and one that does?

The feeling of lack of content sets in about 6 weeks in. Whether you made 110 in 12 hours or 5 days or two weeks.

You prestige level is consumed by the gear that you buy. As new seasons come out, stronger gear becomes available that you'll spend your prestige level on. You still have the 10% gear level to deal with when comparing contrasting ilvl between you and your opponent. Yes, there is a lot of cosmetic rewards, but buying gear (especially if you don't do anything but PvP) is going to be a very realist aspect of Legion. It's just that the maximum difference between you and any other player will be 10% stats. To have every advantage in rated PvP, you'll still have to possess high ilvl gear by continually releveling your prestige to get it.
    That is not true. Your PvP level won't be consumed to buy gear. You get gear trough strongboxes dropped in unrated and rated PvP.
    In fact, prestige level doesn't have to do anything with gear. You can read about it on the Legion PvP preview.

Also, dismissing leveling by picking and choosing what type of leveling something is (while it's all under the umbrella of leveling) doesn't defuse the aspect that you are, in fact, still leveling.
    True, didn't think about it.