Legion: Leveling 100 - 110 as Rshaman

Hello All!

I have been giving this some serious thought and want to know the most efficient way from those that have gone through beta. What is the best way to level from 100 - 110 with the end goal being rshaman?

I see there being a few options:
    - Questing in a group as rshaman / being carried
    - Change to elemental / enh., then swap to rshaman when doing any artifact quests
    - Do dungeons / pvp the entire way

What's the most efficient way to do this, while still ensuring your artifact points still go towards rshaman?

I've leveled all 5 healing classes to 110 on beta, as healing spec. It's perfectly fine and you have no downtime between pulls. And, there will be plenty of people around you in all zones killing the same things so you can easily tag what you need, heal them (or don't), and move on.

Dungeon XP is garbage, only do it for the final quest per zone (for gear reward).

7+ Year Old Account
    After leveling completely in just resto, it wasn't that bad. It didn't really feel slow and there weren't many people questing around me to tag off of. I can only imagine how easy that will be on live. There's a trinket that you get in Azsuna (where I started) that helps you do a decent amount of damage + an order hall champion like Mylra that follows you around like a body guard and does good damage as well.

There's plenty in place to help you keep up with people, especially with the surge that is bound to happen at launch and the new multi-tagging system. Instant queuing for the pillars dungeon quests at the end of each main storyline (free ilvl 800 piece + first line of artifact appearances) is nice.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Perfect responses guys... exactly what i was looking for. Thanks!

resto has most of the elemental mechanics except maelstrom so its perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtere1 View Post
    Hello All!

I have been giving this some serious thought and want to know the most efficient way from those that have gone through beta. What is the best way to level from 100 - 110 with the end goal being rshaman?

I see there being a few options:
    - Questing in a group as rshaman / being carried
    - Change to elemental / enh., then swap to rshaman when doing any artifact quests
    - Do dungeons / pvp the entire way

What's the most efficient way to do this, while still ensuring your artifact points still go towards rshaman?
    1. Get the Doomhammer Artifact at 100
    2. Steamroll through the first zone as enhancement
    3. At 101/102 start your campaigns.
    4. At 102 Get the Restoration and Elemental Artifacts
    5. Dump all of your artifact power into the Restoration artifact.
    6. Heal your first dungeon.
    7. Go to the next zone, steamroll as enhance.
    8. Do your second dungeon.
    9. With diminishing returns on spending artifact power, you can use smaller boosts on the enhance artifact (and open world quest artifact boosts as well. Earthen Shrines and the like.)

Enhance is ridiculously fast, with zero downtime.

Healing while leveling is slower. So much slower. When I see people in the pre-patch running around as healers, they take a lot longer to complete objectives. :\ (Don't see a lot on the beta anymore because so few people are leveling).

10+ Year Old Account
    there's something you need to remember though

When questing throughout the zones, you'll see stars on your mini map indicating rares/events are nearby. When you kill/complete it, you normally get an item that rewards artefact points to your currently equipped weapon, but not until you actually click it.

Then you get ones called 'earthen shrine' or earth shrine. When you've killed the mobs, your character is struck by a lightning animation and grants the artefact points automatically.
    I say remember, cos too often I'd forget and have points going to my ele weapon when I wanted to max my resto one first. I facepalmed many times >.<

Resto is totally viable to level with, I just wanted to play with other specs too before the ptr for 7.0.3 was open

I would level solo as Ele, and swap to Resto if you find a dedicated leveling group (and they need it, otherwise stay Ele), and swap to Resto for dungeons. It would be the least gear requiring path, since Ele and Resto share a lot of gear anyway. Just make sure you pick healing trinks/rings/necks etc whenever you can. I'll be doing something similar with a tank DK.

Also, make good use of loot spec!
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Ashardis View Post

When questing throughout the zones, you'll see stars on your mini map indicating rares/events are nearby. When you kill/complete it, you normally get an item that rewards artefact points to your currently equipped weapon, but not until you actually click it.

Then you get ones called 'earthen shrine' or earth shrine. When you've killed the mobs, your character is struck by a lightning animation and grants the artefact points automatically.
    I say remember, cos too often I'd forget and have points going to my ele weapon when I wanted to max my resto one first. I facepalmed many times >.<

Resto is totally viable to level with, I just wanted to play with other specs too before the ptr for 7.0.3 was open
    The ArP u gain while leveling doesnt really matter imo, its really small compared to the ArP you gain at max level. Especially as a healer, you really dont need to put ArP on your healing weapon til Mythic+ i healed normal heroic and mythic 0s just fine even without arp, only upgraded relics.

Leveling as resto is absolutely more than perfectly fine. Ive said this before but yes youll kill mobs abit slower but you have the ability to run through packs of mobs to collect quest objectives without dying, something enhance/ele simply cant do. You can also solo any rare you come across (even if it takes awhile).

Having said that... If you can find a buddy to level with itll probably be alot faster with the new tagging rules. Ive been asked to duo with a lock buddy which works out great, he tags everything within 40 yards for us and in return ill give him healer queues when its time to spam heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashardis View Post

Earthen shrines give ~50 AP. That's a spit in the bucket. I wouldn't worry about it.

Leveling as Resto is easier than Ele.

And enhance is worlds above both of them when it comes to efficiency and speed.

Even if I loved playing elemental like I love playing resto and enhance, I still wouldn't level as elemental. Too much casting not enough killing.