Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Believe it or not there are thousands of players that have WA and DBM that still fail at executing their rotation and fail at moving out of the fire. You can have all the add-ons in the world and still suck if you tunnel like crazy. I guess you're right though. I haven't technically raided Mythics. I raided Heroics before they changed the raid structure.

If you don't raid why do you need Maxfactor 4?

- - - Updated - - -

How is it game breaking? Give me examples that aren't simply personal preference. I could also argue that raid leader's and tank's opinions don't matter all that much because they aren't the ones designing the encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible example is terrible.

They are leading the raids, organizing and tanking them. Its hard to coordinate without a clear view of the playing field. Its hard to tank without a clear view. Do you really need this spelled out for you? At this point I dont trust you're a real person. Fighting with the camera to see whats going on is not difficulty, its called bad design and any other dev would fix those problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes because omfg downloading a addon is such a motivating movement, showing how dedicated we are!

It is, show how much downloads it gets and how many people want it. Whats your problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    For a lot of us its not *I just simply disagree*, its a matter of being able to play a game without getting sick, eyestrain's and headaches/migraines from being forced to play zoomed in. It does play a factor to the ones that are effected with this dumb cam change. Try reading this instead of dissing us https://developer.oculus.com/documen...ator_sickness/
    Directly from the link -

1.) "Locking the background to the player’s inertial reference frame has been found to be effective at reducing simulator sickness." - Blizzard has said that this is probably the most likely culprit of the motion sickness coming from the camera changes. They have also acknowledged that portions of the action cam were unintentionally activated for some people resulting in excessive camera motion for those that are motion sensitive.

2.) Portions of this also work in direct contrast to your argument - "Field-of-View—reducing the amount of visual field covered by the virtual environment may also reduce comfort"

3.) This article is directly taking about VR. This means the headsets that are projecting images directly into the eyes of the user.

It clearly isn't. If you can't see the difference & looking at it in a different perspective, you're just a blinded fanboy/troll at this point. Nothing more.
    I say that because this person did everything except for tilting the camera up further. They also use an example from literally the smallest PC model in the game that also happens to be the least played race in the game. Simply tilting the camera up more in the first shot would have fit Senegos' face in the frame.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2016-08-03 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Can I ask how long you've been playing for? This shit has been going on for fucking years. YEARS. I have not seen a 25 man raid take more than 5-7 melee (including tanks) since before ICC. Deathbringer Saurfang is a prime example of a ranged favored fight that was designed 8 years ago...
    I am one of the very few with wow staue of tribute. For those who dont know its active sub since day one of wow till today without break. Thats how long im playing.

To your question.Out of the remaining 3-4 melee in the roster almost 75% are rogues cause they have to do some shitty job. If they havent any special use they would have been replaced by range. A progression guild will use anything that gives advantage, stacking crazy amounts of the same class. At the current situation, if DH dont prove broken like dks where when they came out i bet u, we will see guild kills with zero melee.

Btw yesterday we finished our spreedsheet for legion. 20 total dps ( 18 range and 2 melee ). We are looking for specific melee since may. Nothing. World top 50 btw.

Anyway back to camera issue cause we are derailing from the OP.

[QUOTE=Rizendragon;41714636][QUOTE=Mahcake;41714532]For a lot of us its not *I just simply disagree*, its a matter of being able to play a game without getting sick, eyestrain's and headaches/migraines from being forced to play zoomed in. It does play a factor to the ones that are effected with this dumb cam change. Try reading this instead of dissing us https://developer.oculus.com/documen...ator_sickness/

Directly from the link -

1.) "Locking the background to the player’s inertial reference frame has been found to be effective at reducing simulator sickness." - Blizzard has said that this is probably the most likely culprit of the motion sickness coming from the camera changes. They have also acknowledged that portions of the action cam were unintentionally activated for some people resulting in excessive camera motion for those that are motion sensitive.

2.) Portions of this also work in direct contrast to your argument - "Field-of-View—reducing the amount of visual field covered by the virtual environment may also reduce comfort"

3.) This article is directly taking about VR. This means the headsets that are projecting images directly into the eyes of the user.

I say that because this person did everything except for tilting the camera up further. They also use an example from literally the smallest PC model in the game that also happens to be the least played race in the game. Simply tilting the camera up more in the first shot would have fit Senegos' face in the frame.

Don't know what you are talking about because he did tilt the camera up and the amount of people playing that race is irrelevant. I agree completely with Mahcake, you've been countered and rebuked multiple times, Fanboy/troll seems to the only reason you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You might want to look closer. It shows the % plain as day. And if you hover over it, it shows the rating.
    It doesnt show the actual number ffs. For example 13.22 energy per second. Apl dont understand flat out 5%( random number)

So happy to have an addon like this. I only hope blizz is listening.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    They are leading the raids, organizing and tanking them. Its hard to coordinate without a clear view of the playing field. Its hard to tank without a clear view. Do you really need this spelled out for you? At this point I dont trust you're a real person. Fighting with the camera to see whats going on is not difficulty, its called bad design and any other dev would fix those problems.

- - - Updated - - -

It is, show how much downloads it gets and how many people want it. Whats your problem?
    because they know how many people want it? but they decided to anyways?

you do know they can see how many people had to command active, and how many people even had the addon before this whent live, as there was a addon that auto applied the macro
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Because its the way I like to play, experience the world and enjoy my playtime. I like to see the world around me while im doing quests and outdoor content. So you haven't raided this expac on mythic? You shouldn't claim you are a mythic raider then. Also I can counter argue with "There are thousands of people who use the max camera distance and still fail at raids even with it!" See its really that easy to point out the BS anti cam distance players spout. It goes both ways.
    I forgot how this community works. If you don't have experience from what certain people consider relevant your experience doesn't count. I've had factors in my life right now that make it very hard for me to raid. I'd have to find an Aussie guild to raid with and right now that isn't something I'm willing to do.

Never said I didn't raid but it less important to me in raids than in outdoor world but that doesn't mean people in raids who prefer it should get shafted.
    You can still do that. The max camera distance available still allows you to get a very large amount of the environment in the camra. Am I disappointed that I can't fit both moons in my FoV now? Sure, but I can still see a ton of stuff with the camera panned all the way out.

I have to ask one question. Why ruin the game for what is a vast amount of people who want this in? Its completely selfish and stupid.
    "Vast amount" could mean 500,000 players, but in the grand scheme of things that is still only 10% of the player base of a game that has 5,000,000 subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyosaugh View Post
    what i'm trying to say is you can't see the raid behind him if you swivel the camera around, and during the last phase you can't see where all the gazes are on the map. it makes a difference in his difficulty for sure.
    Exactly. That is the intent here. Have people calling it out. Rely on more than just your own vision. This is where we can deduce Blizzard wants us to work together more rather than putting so much on the tanks, healers, and raid leaders.

That is what officers, position leads, and active smart raiders are for. It shouldn't be 100% on the RL and tanks to coordinate everything. I've never been a RL or a PL/CL, but I'd call things out that were missed by the RL/MT to make the encounter go smoother.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2016-08-03 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    It doesnt show the actual number ffs. For example 13.22 energy per second. Apl dont understand flat out 5%( random number)
    You do not need to know the actual number..Simply the rating. That is all you need to hit break points, caps etc.

Christ, why does literally every fucking topic in this community have to be so divisive? It's a fucking add-on that'll get hotfixed. 95% of this topic isn't even about the add-on itself, it's about how add-ons are somehow indirectly responsible for a litany of bullshit which has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I love how the example someone gave was a big dragon in a forest with trees in the way and yet with the camera they want to use, theres still trees in the way xD

In a big open space for raiding there is nothing to block your view other than your in ability to turn your camera and look around. Thats your own problem i have Zero issue looking for stuff when a giant boss is in my face. You dont even need to look at the boss if your tanking unless he has a spell you need to interrupt. Your focus should be on your position to make sure your not standing in something and on potential adds. None of that has anything to do with zooming out more. Turn your damn camera and stop being lazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    banning all addons would actually be fantastic. ive hated them since vanilla. maybe we can convince them to do just that?
    why do you even still play this game if you hate everyone?

- - - Updated - - -

if you want a blue reaction write it on us forum....

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I love how the example someone gave was a big dragon in a forest with trees in the way and yet with the camera they want to use, theres still trees in the way xD

In a big open space for raiding there is nothing to block your view other than your in ability to turn your camera and look around. Thats your own problem i have Zero issue looking for stuff when a giant boss is in my face. You dont even need to look at the boss if your tanking unless he has a spell you need to interrupt. Your focus should be on your position to make sure your not standing in something and on potential adds. None of that has anything to do with zooming out more. Turn your damn camera and stop being lazy.
    You know what specs are the crushing majority of raid leaders? Tanks. Try and tank mannoroth while trying to see whats behind him and give directions and orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    You know what specs are the crushing majority of raid leaders? Tanks. Try and tank mannoroth while trying to see whats behind him and give directions and orders.
    Disc Priests too

Recruiting Officer of <Full Mongo> Stormrage-US
    Priest || Paladin || Mage || Shaman || Monk || Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Dayta View Post
    just a quick note there were people banned for simple addon usage but that dates back deep into vanilla since there is no harm anymore in mentioning the name ill just do it

the addon was called "superman"

some of the features i remember it had
    it let your character basicly fly (turn on and off gravity)
    make your character invisible (like gm walk everywhere without drawing aggro or beeing seen)
    make your character invincible (no damage taken from what ever source)
    teleport your character (you could setup x y z coordinates and teleport to those places including save and load coordinate places
    detatch your camera from your camera (actually this is still possible but wont go into details how this is acomplished without blizzard noticing)
    in the past it was acomplished by exploiting the headnod variable "headboobing" frequency and amplitude which were accessable for clients so you went into ego mode and just let your had bounce a litte more then 2 cm more like 5 km or something and stopped it while you were in the air

you can imagine blizzards reaction to hits but in a sense you are very close with your statment since even blizzard employies are not aware of that things in the past http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9499700809 here you can see clearly that even blizzard employies have no clue about the history

there was more stuff like that bulk creation of character exceed the character limit bulk setup of accounts multiple character online at the same time from one account it was needed to do stuff like that
    http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysid...w_spammer1.jpg
    http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...sadsadsure.jpg

so next time you know better there were bans for addon usage in the past with good reason
    I am pretty sure what you are describing is a 3rd party executable that modified the games memory on the fly. That is not an addon. That does not play inside blizzards LUA sandbox. Such things are more easily caught with Warden being what it is today and is not really relevant to this discussion.

And the images you posted I remember seeing. Those are multiple trial accounts. You can't login on the same account multiple times. No hack will allow you to do that since the server cuts you off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Until they can improve the ingame systems...No.

I love raiding in FFXIV because the bosses telegraph there ability's really well and I get to enjoy the fight more because of that. WoW does not and therefor DBM is needed. So until blizzard improves there ingame systems addons have to stay.

Also nice way to dodge what I said.
    Bosses do telegraph their skills, by lots of means. I didnt manage to recognize if ALL skills do, most annoyingly Arthas spawning his ghost on players I had no clue.
    Actually playing with sound helps tremendously, even for the sligthes noise like when it starts raining in Zul'Aman.

10+ Year Old Account
    That added difficulty is what the dev team wants, based on what Watcher said. What you consider "the way things should be," Watcher considers "too easy." No dev would make things easier than they want the game to be.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That added difficulty is what the dev team wants, based on what Watcher said. What you consider "the way things should be," Watcher considers "too easy." No dev would make things easier than they want the game to be.
    You heard it folks, being able to see mechanics is not intended. Too ez.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-08-03 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That added difficulty is what the dev team wants, based on what Watcher said. What you consider "the way things should be," Watcher considers "too easy."
    off topic but . . .

the best way to make the raid more difficult without piling on more mechanics or imposing player limitations (like camera or hard gear checks) has been known for a long time, but Bliz has not wanted to make the change/investment required. It is to move away from the 'rote dance' model, where the boss does (almost) the exact same thing each fight, and the player challenge is one of memory and accurate rote reaction. . . and toward a model where the boss has 'Chess playing' ability - an AI that can use its particular capabilities (spells and such) to vary its moves and sequence but maintain a set difficulty level.