Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The cast isn't to blame for poor writing/directing, the writers and director are. They need to can Zack Snyder if they want Justice League to have a chance at being decent.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll get your wish, Doctor Strange is out on November 4th! I'm pretty hyped for it .
    Still don't like the casting

I mean the moment I heard the cast a person as Wonder Woman, the only other movie I've seen her in they literally called her skinny...doesn't feel very Amazonian to me...not a huge fan of Affleck cept when he was with Matt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Don´t tell me you think there are only DC fanboys on imdb.
    I never said that...doesn't mean they wont flock to up-vote it though just to make it look better.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    but can you really trust a site that had a critic rate dragon ball z movie really high
    The dbz movie was a high octane romp for the entire family. Same with the real life avatar the last air bender and the scooby doo movies.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

How about we all stop listening to critics? They're jokes. Giving bribed opinions is all they can bring to this world, and it's sad. Stop giving them attention. It's how they make money.
    Instead, see the movie if you actually want to. Develop your own opinions.
    Personally, I think the movie looks bad, and I'm not going to watch it. But for those of you who think it looks good? Go see the damn thing. Chances are you'll enjoy it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That is ridiculous. BvS getting low scores wasn't some conspiracy against DC. The movie was bad and Synder ruined the two heroes to show how he thought they should be.
    It was bad. And Snyder does suck and ruin everything, but I think that petition was probably made by fair weather fans and buzzfeed drama vultures anyways. No real fan cares.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    I've always had it described as "Facebook for people in the industry". Seriously, who goes to IMDB for reviews?
    It´s a pretty good indication how watchable a movie is after reaching a certain number of ratings. That´s true for known and unknown movies, though i wouldn´t go there for reviews, on the other hand i don´t read many reviews.

Look at the top 250, you might disagree with the ratings but in most of the cases not by much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I never said that...doesn't mean they wont flock to up-vote it though just to make it look better.
    No doubt, hence why i said let´s wait. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    I prefer DC movies over Marvel movies even though I'm a bigger Marvel fan when it comes to the comics. Primarily because DC actually allows the movies to be as dark as the comics. They don't mind the audience having to sit through dark scenes or feel negative/heavy emotions. Marvel on the other hand, tries so hard to create these positive, kid friendly, popcorn money-grab movies that seem to assume that movie-goers are too emotionally underdeveloped to experience negative emotions and still come off feeling positive about the film. It feels almost like how the last two Star Wars films (original trilogy) were targeted at children after George Lucas realized how much money he could make off of toys. And I think the box offices and reviews for the DC films have shown that Marvels assumption is correct. In the Marvel films, there can never be a serious or depressing line that isn't immediately followed by a black or female character saying something witty to bring the mood back to positive or get a laugh. Marvel feels so afraid of making people feel dark emotions. And that's not good. Imagine if the authors of great classic literature had written their books in this manner. If OF MICE AND MEN had put a funny line right after Lenny was shot and had a konga line of rabbits dance past his corpse as his spirit fluttered around with tiny little wings and flew to Heaven, the book would never have become a classic. Art needs to make the viewer feel a wide range of emotions and assuming that the audience is too mentally or emotionally underdeveloped to understand or still have a positive reaction to the art is very insulting to the audience. But I guess it's less insulting when your primary target is children, which is clearly the direction Marvel/Disney is going. I'll stick with dark/gritty/mature/non-condescending DC films for now. My 6 year old daughter loves Marvel films though, so I end up seeing them all anyway.
    A wide range of emotions includes positive emotions not just dark/gritty/mature emotions that you seem so focused on. Art does not need to make you feel depressed to be art. I will also note that for someone concerned with the Marvel films being condescending you seem to hold a rather condescending attitude toward all those that enjoy them.

DC movies in my opinion have not been doing well because they are not true to the spirit of their characters. Superman is not a grim/dark character.

The fact that Snyder's BvS repels DC fans is a mark in its favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    DC movies in my opinion have not been doing well because they are not true to the spirit of their characters. Superman is not a grim/dark character.
    Superman is not grim or dark in Snyder's films either. In fact, he is an uplifting symbol of goodness who inspires the world.

Grim things happen around Superman, and occasionally to him. This is nothing new. In the 1978 Superman film Lois Lane is crushed to death as she smothers in an earthquake, a scene far more bleak than anything in Snyder's films.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-08-03 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The fact that Snyder's BvS repels DC fans is a mark in its favor.

Superman is not grim or dark in Snyder's films either. In fact, he is an uplifting symbol of goodness who inspires the world.

Grim things happen around Superman, and occasionally to him. This is nothing new. In the 1978 Superman film Lois Lane is crushed to death as she smothers in an earthquake, a scene far more bleak than anything in Snyder's films.
    Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman made him into a mopey woe is me emo killer. Nothing about this version of Superman is a "uplifting symbol of goodness". As for the 78 film Lois does indeed die until Superman overcomes that dark moment and fixes it by bringing her back to life(in an albeit absurd way). The 78 Superman was significantly more uplifting and hopeful than this new version by leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Actually I wouldn't mind seeing any film featuring a Ditko creation (Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Hawk & Dove, The Creeper, Speedball, Squirrel Girl etc).
    All of these have (had) potential, but Hawk & Dove would, possibly, turn into an overly political movie with one being proven "right".

I would like NetFlix to do Cloak & Dagger in the vein of their Heroes for Hire shows. (Defenders will never sit with me!)

Snyder's BvS was not true to the characters at all. The only thing they had in common was the names. If you want to see a Batman movie, go watch Mask of the Phantasm instead.

Jeremy Jahns has his review up, he seemed to like it, save it a buy on blu ray rating. I rather like his reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Follow Hollywood insiders and you'll know what you'll get as an end product.

Superman Returns represented the character and older movies better, imo.
    In Superman Returns, Superman leaves Earth so he can journey to the destroyed remains of Krypton, abandoning his wife and child for years for basically no reason.

The idea that Superman is always sure of what he is and inherently the best person ever is a caricature of Superman, and a terrible character besides. You're basically arguing that the "correct" character of Superman is a person with no flaws and no conflicts save those he needs to beat unconscious. If you were right, then the "true" version of Superman is a dreadful character, but thankfully you're mistaken.

EDIT:

That is ridiculous. BvS getting low scores wasn't some conspiracy against DC.
    Right, there is no conspiracy. Critics simply weren't prepared for a serious, thoughtful film with Batman and Superman in it, especially not one that straightforwardly depicted Batman as a cruel killer. Serious film, pop art, and entertainment are considered separately, and a film that mixes the three confuses and bewilders your average newspaper critic or online pundit. Superman ought to be cracking wise about CIA meddling in the Middle East. Perhaps Lex Luthor should pilot a giant mechanical spider.

The solution is not to destroy Rotten Tomatoes, of course. Rotten Tomatoes does not conduct any film criticism. The solution is to destroy the concept of applying number ratings to film, which will kill Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic by proxy.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-08-03 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The solution is not to destroy Rotten Tomatoes, of course. Rotten Tomatoes does not conduct any film criticism. The solution is to destroy the concept of applying number ratings to film, which will kill Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic by proxy.
    You'll have more success moving the Everest by farting on it than doing that.

am i the only one who is tired of super hero movies and remakes ?
    the super hero movies especially.... i have zero interest in them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    Source
    The most anticipated? According to whom?? The moment I finished watching the trailer, I knew this would bomb...

Was bored with Will Smith

The "Omg psycho-gurl power!" female character with pink baseball bat, boring lines, too try-hard, I bet she's "kewl" if you are 13 years old...

The Joker...Heath Ledger relied on acting and not giving us the psycho-girlfriend-meme look or looking like a male version of...

When a TV show character performances are better than a movie's...

If Heath Ledger's Joker and Robin Taylor's Penguin was in the same movie, my brain would literally explode from the awesomeness...

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    If Heath Ledger's Joker and Robin Taylor's Penguin was in the same movie, my brain would literally explode from the awesomeness...
    I have a feeling that major film companies intentionally made the new joker/lex luthor look/act sooo extremely lame so that no edgy kids would try to identify with them and shoot up a theater/school.

justsayin.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I have a feeling that major film companies intentionally made the new joker/lex luthor look/act sooo extremely lame so that no edgy kids would try to identify with them and shoot up a theater/school.

justsayin.jpg
    Maybe they go for harley quinn instead...god she is so cringe...

Deleted

"Most anticipated movie of the year"

Yeah... no.