Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    She is an idiot. Also you can only vote for here in like 25 states IIRC.
    And the U.S still pretends to be democratic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Stein isn't what she seems. In my country she would even count as more then "centric". US needs some serious left force.
    They had a chance with Sanders, but even the centre-left is icky to 'muricans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one puzzled by the fact that Jill Stein, the left of center 3rd party, intentionally wants to steal votes from Hillary and wants to stop her from winning the election and that is her primary goal. Meanwhile, Gary Johnson, the right of center 3rd party, intentionally wants to steal votes from Trump and stop him?

That doesn't seem backwards to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    If you vote for the Green party candidate 1) She still won't get enough votes to mean anything
    Bullshit. 5% means Green would get federal funding, which goes along way.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Jill Stein only exists so in a few years some smug guy can tell you he voted for Jill Stein

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Am I the only one puzzled by the fact that Jill Stein, the left of center 3rd party, intentionally wants to steal votes from Hillary and wants to stop her from winning the election and that is her primary goal. Meanwhile, Gary Johnson, the right of center 3rd party, intentionally wants to steal votes from Trump and stop him?

Not really, Clinton and Trump are both rigth wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Electoral college system, not necessarily the case. I doubt that support for third-party candidates will be enough to influence electoral vote allocation.
    It would affect the efficacy of in-state voting where Jill Stein is on the ballot, as, presumably, only voters who would otherwise vote democrat would vote for Jill Stein, meaning that, if the number of said people were large enough, Trump would take the electoral college votes without actually having secured the majority of the state.

That's what's wrong with a three-party+ system in the US; Someone with 34% of the votes could get the electoral college votes so long as the remaining two candidates only got 33% each, seeing as the system (in all but two states) is absolute winner-take-all.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe they believe they actually think they can win.

It's a tiny bit sad, seeing all the inadvertent damage Jill Stein could cause by effectively placing Trump as president.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Bullshit. 5% means Green would get federal funding, which goes along way.
    Ralph Nader got 5% of the vote in 2000 and that funding, where is the Green Party now 16 years later? In the exact same place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    She was on 37 state ballots in 2012. You are thinking of the libertarian party which was on 48 states ballots in 2012. I agree though its pretty shitty that its so hard for those parties to get ballot access.
    And yet another reason too never vote for a democrat or republican. People will still fall in like sheep however.

If you're third party, the fight is to get the spotlight on you from your voter base, not to help out the ideologically-closest group who is taking away all the chance you have of attracting people to your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    PlanB? So she wants her campaign aborted?
    I laughed, I cried, prayed to Harambe, slept.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    And yet another reason too never vote for a democrat or republican. People will still fall in like sheep however.
    The real problem is that 3rd party candidates tend to be complete shit. This election gives us a libertarian that wants to gut all social programs and hand it all over to private corporations and the other party gives us someone who is as dumb as a bag of rocks and has no idea how anything actually works. On the surface these candidates look and sound decent but when you dig a little more into their party platforms and read some of things they actually say, it becomes apparent their is no real choice. That of course is subject to the quality of the candidates in the 3rd parties which could definitely be improved upon massively over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    The real problem is that 3rd party candidates tend to be complete shit. This election gives us a libertarian that wants to gut all social programs and hand it all over to private corporations and the other party gives us someone who is as dumb as a bag of rocks and has no idea how anything actually works. On the surface these candidates look and sound decent but when you dig a little more into their party platforms and read some of things they actually say, it becomes apparent their is no real choice. That of course is subject to the quality of the candidates in the 3rd parties which could definitely be improved upon massively over time.
    If they are shit, then what do you call Clinton and Hillary? Massive piles of zombie diarrhea and vomit?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it weren't for Deez Nuts we wouldn't need a plan B.

It's not quite that simple. The greens certainly pull directly from the dems so they are, in a way, cutting off their nose to spite their face from a SCOTUS point of view. The Libertarians are socially liberal and fiscally conservative so the SCOTUS issue effects them a lot less. The hard core social conservatives will vote GOP regardless because they don't have any other options. Ultimately people voting for Gary Johnson should really consider the effect on SCOTUS if they want socially liberal things but I get the feeling that most of the people who would vote that way aren't too invested in the social side of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Jill has Pangean's vote. Most of us on the winning side are trying to get as many afterberners as possible to go Jill Stein to split the vote. That said quite a lot of them are seeing the light and going with based Trump.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You live in Australia. You're not on a side. You're irrelevant.
    We are a lot better off than you burgers that's for sure. But yes, American elections do happen to be a big deal globally for people in other nations to actually care about it. I know this feeds the burgers ego but unfortunately that's reality.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    If you're third party, the fight is to get the spotlight on you from your voter base, not to help out the ideologically-closest group who is taking away all the chance you have of attracting people to your cause.
    Which is cutting off your nose to spite your face, as I said before. If there are 2 closely aligned parties that have 60% of the support between them and they keep fighting instead of working tactically then the third party which has only 40% of the support will end up setting all of the rules and you can be sure that they will set their own agenda and make rules that favour keeping themselves in power. If a party is driven by ideals, which is what the greens are, then they should be working tactically. "Vote for us here and vote for x there while still supporting us".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    We are a lot better off than you burgers that's for sure. But yes, American elections do happen to be a big deal globally for people in other nations to actually care about it. I know this feeds the burgers ego but unfortunately that's reality.
    And you don't have to live with the direct effects, just some minor ripple effects.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Well Jill has Pangean's vote. Most of us on the winning side are trying to get as many afterberners as possible to go Jill Stein to split the vote. That said quite a lot of them are seeing the light and going with based Trump.
    No she doesn't. She lost that over her games with the anti-vax nonsense. Gonna support Vermin Supreme now.

Winning side? Hmm Fox Poll today says what?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't she anti-vax and pro reparations?
    Yeah, no thank you.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    No she doesn't. She lost that over her games with the anti-vax nonsense. Gonna support Vermin Supreme now.

Winning side? Hmm Fox Poll today says what?
    Like polls matter in this election. Is the fox poll the one where they decided not to put in respondants from 18 - 34 year olds? Oh wait that was cnn's poll this week, I believe fox poll is the one with a good 8% more democrats in the survey than republicans.