Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Source please.
    You want a source for how the majority of funding goes to women's shelters even though there is a rough 50% parity in criminality?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You want a source for how the majority of funding goes to women's shelters even though there is a rough 50% parity in criminality?
    We only have one men's shelter in all of Canada.

doesn't say what he was wearing but she said she was provoked so it sounds legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well, that is because men are immune to abuse.../s (rolls eyes on the alpha/beta crowd)
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1815198

There's a video of the attack as well.

My favorite part. My mother has been an RN for 50 years. She doesn't know how to use a knife since RNs don't ever use them. That's surgeons.
    Yeah I've never met a nurse that is proficient with a knife because of her position as a nurse.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Source please.
    Probably aren't many "sources" when it's ignored.

You can do a quick Google search as easily as I can to show that women and men are treated differently in the justice system.

Something I have learned is women will support women against men no matter what the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The guy was stupid enough to stay around for the beatings, at a certain point you have to walk away from crazy.
    Kinda hard when you only have one leg and she is beating you with your crutch.

Well, he provoked her

We all know that if a man inflicted these kinds of injuries on his wife, the sentence would not be suspended. The judge did not treat this as if " a man had inflicted these injuries on a woman", that statement alone betrays the fuckedupness of the thing.

Him being a man in no way protected him from the injuries, her being a woman in no way stopped her from being capable of inflicting the injuries, the idea that women are so weak that they just cannot inflict any serious injury on a man needs to stop. The idea that a woman should get a lesser sentence because she is just a woman needs to stop. Women are not children.

Surprised there are only a few people questioning the source, and very little attacking people critical of the sentence. Only 3 pages though, plenty of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post

You can do a quick Google search as easily as I can to show that women and men are treated differently in the justice system.
    Even the Guardian conceded that women get lesser sentences. The Guardian!
    Last edited by tehealadin; 2016-08-03 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Probably aren't many "sources" when it's ignored.

There are several victimization studies putting it at a rough 50% parity.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Yeah I've never met a nurse that is proficient with a knife because of her position as a nurse.
    Fuck can they fluff a good pillow though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    yet if we say that in reverse situations suddenly its "victim blaming"..
    No shit! The gall of some people to not be able to view issues from both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Fuck can they fluff a good pillow though.
    Lol! Don't tell them that though. They will prolly slap you. Most nurses I know are feisty as hell.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1815198

There's a video of the attack as well.

My favorite part. My mother has been an RN for 50 years. She doesn't know how to use a knife since RNs don't ever use them. That's surgeons.
    I don't think he's saying being an RN gives you Deadpool knife skills or something. He's saying with medical knowledge of the human body that an RN has, they know right where to stick it for maximum damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Was it not shut down because the government stopped funding it?

10+ Year Old Account
    We have none here in Iceland even tho we have 3 women shelters.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Horrible story, and the woman should be behind bars.

But let's be honest, if this were reversed and it was another husband getting away with brutally assaulting his wife, would OP have even bothered to post it?

Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Was it not shut down because the government stopped funding it?
    AFAIK the government doesn't fund it, its funded through donations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Horrible story, and the woman should be behind bars.

But let's be honest, if this were reversed and it was another husband getting away with brutally assaulting his wife, would OP have even bothered to post it?

Of course not.
    Impossible to know because that scenario wouldn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    We have none here in Iceland even tho we have 3 women shelters.
    We had 627 women's shelters as of 2014. I think a lot of that has to do with men being unwilling to seek out help for these kinds of situations though.

Wouldn't be the first time someone abusing his/her partner gets away with it... So, what's to be discussed?

Impossible to know because that scenario wouldn't happen.
    So you're honestly saying no man anywhere has ever gotten away with beating his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time someone abusing his/her partner gets away with it... So, what's to be discussed?
    It wouldn't be the first time anything thats posted in Gen-OT has happened before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    So you're honestly saying no man anywhere has ever gotten away with beating his wife?
    Not legally let off the hook by the court systems after blinding and mutilating their spouse in the time that Xarim has been posting on these forums.