Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Well, what I believe is what I saw myself, but what you believe is up to you. I'm now double-pissed about his Gyarados.
    I will, however, mention that you are the second person to have claimed that someone they knew got a Gyarados from the 10km egg. So I'm not writing it off completely.

My girlfriend's friend said the same, but I just laughed him off at the time because, well, it sounded just plain silly. Also I was mad because of server issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I will, however, mention that you are the second person to have claimed that someone they knew got a Gyarados from the 10km egg. So I'm not writing it off completely.

My girlfriend's friend said the same, but I just laughed him off at the time because, well, it sounded just plain silly. Also I was mad because of server issues
    `You're right though, from a logical pov, it doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Fordragon View Post
    Maybe it's just where I live but we have a fair amount of Magikarp nests around. I guess I just assumed they were common everywhere with water nearby and more common than Pidey, Ratatta and Zubat at the beach.
    So did I! But managed to get a few more this evening, have enough to put into gyms I usually take on my way home from work. Gym with Magicarp with Splash ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    `You're right though, from a logical pov, it doesn't make any sense.
    Well, I guess no more so than a bunch of eggs popping out of an egg, or a full grown adult with a baby in its pouch does.

Either way, I'll let you know if I get anything other than Eevee/Pinsir/Electabuzz from my 10km eggs.

10+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend lives near a river, both me and her decided to start Pokemon and we done a few Pokemon dates. We have walked down the river for 2 dates, and I am sitting at 164 Karp candy already, and where I live I don't really get them.

So it is entirely possible for someone who live near the area to have one already.

I think magickarp are more around rivers than large masses of waters. I live near the bay can't find them for shit.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think magickarp are more around rivers than large masses of waters. I live near the bay can't find them for shit.
    I never find them near the ocean either really, aside from the north side of the island.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to find a fair few of them, we had a river running right through our town (or slightly north of), then a bunch of little streams and becks, then the docks onto the sea. I see Staryu, Magikarp, Seel (mostly new/since the shuffle), Poliwag, Goldeen, Psyduck and even the occasional Dratini.

I actually find them at my nearby Kiwi store (grocerie store), no water nearby. So the spawns are kinda odd.

There is also a bunch of them at the docks in Bergen, and that is docks to fjord/open sea. So not only rivers for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I actually find them at my nearby Kiwi store (grocerie store), no water nearby. So the spawns are kinda odd.

There is also a bunch of them at the docks in Bergen, and that is docks to fjord/open sea. So not only rivers for sure.
    It's definitely a bit weird, since at the beach what I find mostly is Ponytas/Oddish/Magnemite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I found a Magikarp, and learned how many candy it takes to evolve. Anyone who has a Gyarados now has to be cheating.
    I have 2 Gyrados atm, second one has the best attack moves bite/hydro pump. I am close getting a 3rd one.

There is a place I can keep farm the Magikarp nonstop, more frequent than Pidgey and Rattata lol.

Will be missed ~

15+ Year Old Account
    I have magikarp all over my area, and I'm pretty far inland, with only a few ponds, lakes and rivers running through my area. And I wouldn't even say the magikarp around around those bodies of water.

I'm finding I'm losing more balls not to pokemon breaking out, but them doing moves that knock balls away, or jumping/dodging my balls. It seems to be happening a good bit more since the patch. Even pidgeys are like "fuck you" about even getting caught in a ball in the first place.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I have magikarp all over my area, and I'm pretty far inland, with only a few ponds, lakes and rivers running through my area. And I wouldn't even say the magikarp around around those bodies of water.

I'm finding I'm losing more balls not to pokemon breaking out, but them doing moves that knock balls away, or jumping/dodging my balls. It seems to be happening a good bit more since the patch. Even pidgeys are like "fuck you" about even getting caught in a ball in the first place.
    Sort of random, but the source of the hate you describe in your signature is the ingroup/outgroup dichotomy inherent in collectivism.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    I've caught 5 pikachu tonight. O.o

Used to never see them, now they're becoming almost semi common.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Game still sucks in my area. If some sort of tracking isn't back this week I'm uninstalling.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account
    So I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but Niantic came out with a public statement saying that tracking is not "gone" as a feature, as in they'll never bring it back. It's temporarily disabled. The tracks were at temporary system anyway, that's not something they just said, it was something they said earlier on.

Inferred from their comments about third party sites, they want to bring tracking back so that people can hunt and explore on their own, without outside involvement from third party sites that will allow people to know the exact spot to go to get something.

Whether or not they'll be able to achieve a tracking system like the kind they want, without third parties being able to exploit it in some way, is questionable, but here's to hoping. I want to be able to hunt down pokemon, and feel a system that allows you to know the exact location isn't in the game's spirit.

I live in the mountains, about 3000 feet+ elevation, and we have absolutely no magikarps up here. All I have are from eggs and only eggs. Rhyhorns are common, I have several Rhydon, both found and evolved. Geodude are not terribly uncommon, and Eevee are not too bad to find (I have over a dozen evolved).

No goldeen, magikarp, slowpoke, tentacool, or any water types. At all. All the water you see at gyms here are vaporeons.

Deleted
    being that I live in the netherlands, i'm basically flooded in water types. krabby, horsea, goldeen, magikarp and soooooooo many psyducks and staryu's all day long

to counter that though, i've never seen a single fire pokemon out in the wild aside from my starter charmander. Which i'll never be able to evolve
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2016-08-04 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    being that I live in the netherlands, i'm basically flooded in water types. krabby, horsea, goldeen, magikarp and soooooooo many psyducks and staryu's all day long

to counter that though, i've never seen a single fire pokemon out in the wild aside from my starter charmander. Which i'll never be able to evolve
    Charmander are somewhat rare here, but I never see squirtle and have seen 1 or 2 bulbasaur. Ponyta and Vulpix are fairly doable here, got evolved forms of both. This game is SO regional.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Sort of random, but the source of the hate you describe in your signature is the ingroup/outgroup dichotomy inherent in collectivism.
    idk ive found that aswell... after the patch pokemon seem to do their attacks ALOT MORE i had a poliwag who attacked 6 times in a row...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good