Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    9/11 was an outlier, and including it in order to get some statistical estimation of how likely you are to die to a terrorist attack would be unwise.

Why global deaths? You live in the US (I presume), I live in the US. You don't get to just dismiss statistics you find inconvenient, mate.
    So dismissing 9/11 because you think its an outlier and then stating that we can only count US statistics and not global for some reason, and then you scold me for trying to dismiss statistics? Which statistics am I dismissing? I am talking about global terrorism, not just US terrorism. I was never talking exclusively about US terrorism, and its hypocritical to demand that only US terror attacks be counted but then ignore the biggest terror attack in US history just because it would inconvenience your agenda.

Your the only one dismissing statistics here, both global statistics and the US statistics including 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Okay, looks like it's time to go over some things again, speaking as a moderator.

[/LIST]

Bashing any religion, including Islam, is not allowed here. Nor is trolling, which includes posts mocking or baiting swaths of people, especially victims of an attack like this. If you want to discuss the particulars of this attack, feel free. If you want to post to mock Europe or Europeans for this, or to bash Muslims or Islam in general, then you should think twice before breaking the site rules.

I'm not locking this, yet, because we've already had to shut down one thread on the subject. But if behaviour continues in the same vein as it has in the first few pages, that's where this is going.
    Is it hateful language to simply call a spade a spade? Don't bother I already know the answer.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    What amounts to hateful language is completely subjective.

Saying something like 'Muslims did it' is not discussing their religion.

Telling Europeans what we think of their immigration system is not mocking them.
    I agree with the post.

When someone says to me ukraine is a poor country then he/she is right, because it is the truth.

The truth should never be forbidden, because that only makes those that want to forbid it appear to have a personal agenda hidden behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Your "truth" about Islam makes about as much sense as my "truth" about you being an evil communist, because some Chinese are evil communists. No, buddy, what you are doing is bashing a religion based on the actions of a negligible minority of its followers, and it is not allowed.
    Wait, but some Chinese are evil communists. That is the truth. So you are agreeing with me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    So dismissing 9/11 because you think its an outlier and then stating that we can only count US statistics and not global for some reason, and then you scold me for trying to dismiss statistics? Which statistics am I dismissing? I am talking about global terrorism, not just US terrorism. I was never talking exclusively about US terrorism, and its hypocritical to demand that only US terror attacks be counted but then ignore the biggest terror attack in US history just because it would inconvenience your agenda.

Your the only one dismissing statistics here, both global statistics and the US statistics including 9/11.
    I let you guess why the are called outliers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Your "truth" about Islam makes about as much sense as my "truth" about you being an evil communist, because some Chinese are evil communists. No, buddy, what you are doing is bashing a religion based on the actions of a negligible minority of its followers, and it is not allowed.
    How is it bashing a religion to simply point out that followers of said religion are accurately following their religious text and committing acts of terror? That's simply the reality of what is happening. There is no 'bashing' going on.

Of course most muslims aren't terrorists, but then again most muslims aren't following the commands of Muhammad.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account

It is not that "I think" it is an outlier, it is that it is a statistically an outlier, an attack on the scale that happened in the US (and even worldwife) once in its existence, that lead to orders of magnitude more casualties and damage to infrastructure, and that provoked unprecedented response: first invasion in Afghanistan, then in Iraq.

It is something that likely won't ever be repeated, so counting it when calculating your chances to die to a terrorist attack in your life doesn't make any sense. It is like, I don't know, looking at all nuclear attacks in human history, noticing that the only two attacks were carried out by the US, and concluding, "If I die in a nuclear fire, then with 100% probability it will be the American nuclear fire".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Wait, but some Chinese are evil communists. That is the truth. So you are agreeing with me
    Then so are you, because you are Chinese too! No?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The logic of this thread dictates that if any Chinese people are evil communists then all Chinese people are evil communists.
    Or certainly that there is a high enough risk that no Chinese people should be allowed to leave China.

So I'm guessing they aren't going to arrest anyone over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I didn't hear "Allahu Akbar"
    Yeah me 2... Probably some bullshit... None of the French source mentioned it

Is it hateful language to simply call a spade a spade? Don't bother I already know the answer.
    Because certain people support X even though X is prone to horrible acts such as these. So rather than deal with the fact that X is poisoned in this manner these certain people pretend its not happening period because they believe to act otherwise would mean "losing" the conversation. At the end of the day X is still X and people are dying.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

So, a usual vandalism then.

Why bus though? Strange target to vandalize.
    Not sure it is odd but it is more of a BLM than anything else, it relates to the death of Adama Traoré. But by the magic of right wing news ZOMG Muslim terrorists. /sigh.

Do you really want people to start stereotyping about Chinese people? "Evil Communists" is one of the least offensive things you can say about Chinese people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So I'm guessing they aren't going to arrest anyone over this.
    What makes you say this??

Deleted

Then so are you, because you are Chinese too! No?
    yes I am

10+ Year Old Account
    French here.

Its not directly related to muslim. A young dude was killed by cops recently (3 of them sit on him til he czbt breath anymore) and some (yeah mostly muslim) are rioting against cops violence.

Its like black lives matter but for Arab/Muslim.

Its more political than religious imo and absolutely nothing to do with Isis
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2016-08-03 at 09:26 PM.

It is not that "I think" it is an outlier, it is that it is a statistically an outlier, an attack on the scale that happened in the US (and even worldwife) once in its existence, that lead to orders of magnitude more casualties and damage to infrastructure, and that provoked unprecedented response: first invasion in Afghanistan, then in Iraq.

It is something that likely won't ever be repeated, so counting it when calculating your chances to die to a terrorist attack in your life doesn't make any sense. It is like, I don't know, looking at all nuclear attacks in human history, noticing that the only two attacks were carried out by the US, and concluding, "If I die in a nuclear fire, then with 100% probability it will be the American nuclear fire".
    Except it is these 'outliers' that are the things we should actually fear. Radical Islam wants to kill all infidels, and they have shown that they have the capacity for causing huge amounts of casualties, and many of the ignorant masses demand that we 'tolerate' them still.

Furthermore, I was never counting the 'probability' of dying to a terrorist attack, that was you since the beginning. Only somebody naive enough to not realize how the real world works would try to dismiss blatant acts of terrorism with the lame duck excuse of "Well, you have a high likelihood to die to X!" as if that should matter in the face of terror groups that want to commit global genocide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Because certain people support X even though X is prone to horrible acts such as these. So rather than deal with the fact that X is poisoned in this manner these certain people pretend its not happening period because they believe to act otherwise would mean "losing" the conversation. At the end of the day X is still X and people are dying.
    And also there are no facts providing proof for X being the cause but who cares, let´s just mention X anyway, right?

#noagenda
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iseeyou View Post
    french here.

Its not related to muslim. A teen was killed by cops recently and some (yeah mostly muslim) are rioting against cops violence.

Its like black lives latter but for arab/muslim.
    :d :d :d :d :d :d

Infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-08-03 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes I am
    Well, I think active communists aren't allowed in the US - that ban hasn't been cancelled officially. So... Sorry. I thought there was a chance our relationship would work out!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is it bashing a religion to simply point out that followers of said religion are accurately following their religious text and committing acts of terror? That's simply the reality of what is happening. There is no 'bashing' going on.

Of course most muslims aren't terrorists, but then again most muslims aren't following the commands of Muhammad.
    and Most Christians aren't following the new testament, and most Jews aren't following the old testament. What is your point? The violence in the religious texts of Christians and Jews are just as bad as the Muslims. Where are your posts noting the religion of every single murder and crime committed by these religious groups?

This is one of the reasons why discussion of religion is not allowed - it's always 'They're not REAL X"- "They're not accurately following the laws!!"

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    The logic of this thread dictates that if any Chinese people are evil communists then all Chinese people are evil communists.
    Or certainly that there is a high enough risk that no Chinese people should be allowed to leave China.
    Nobody in this thread is saying that all muslims are terrorists. Simply that the supermassive majority of terrorists are muslim, and that isn't a coincidence.

Seriously, SJWs have to stop using this line of reasoning when nobody is actually claiming that all muslims are terrorists. It's just an insult to our intelligence that you completely ignore the actual arguments and the actual problems and juts keep strawmanning like this.