Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what i never get is why ppl love all that marvel shit that much. a lot of their (older) comics are great. but did you realize all that mainstream cheap shit crap they produce ? have you seen dare devil, f4, spiderman (regardless which one), or even antman ? i mean, antman ? comeee on. that movies are so absurd gay and stupid with their braindumb plot, their laughable pseudo heroes and all that dumb stupid jokes, made for ppl even an ape could top their iq. really, to me its absurd to critisize batman movies, watchmen or anything along that lines, while being hyped about that marvel crap for retards. sorry, i could never take that ppl serious.
    If your just going to come in and blindly insult something at lease know what your talking about. Marvel did not make Spiderman (Besides the one in civil war) nore did they make F4.

Its clear you haven't seen Antman nore Netflix's Dare Devil. Not liking something is one thing but the childish insults show you just want to bash marvel.

Lets say you are right tho for giggles. That just makes DC look worse when they can't even get a braindumb (as you put it) plot to work right.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what i never get is why ppl love all that marvel shit that much. a lot of their (older) comics are great.

but did you realize all that mainstream cheap shit crap they produce ? have you seen dare devil, f4, spiderman (regardless which one), or even antman ? i mean, antman ? antman ?? comeee on.

that movies are so absurd gay and stupid with their braindumb plot, their laughable pseudo heroes and all that dumb stupid jokes, made for ppl even an ape could top their iq.

really, to me its absurd to critisize batman movies, watchmen or anything along that lines (for me most dc movies are also not that great) while being hyped about that marvel crap for retards. sorry, i could never take that ppl serious.
    Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My husband likes most of the movies and demands I watch them with him. If they had some decent eye-candy in it for the ladies, I could at least endure them. I'm hoping it comes to an end... I can't take another one, lol.
    So far, the last guaranteed production is for transformers 6 in 2019. Surely by then, the new lead actors will be Jimmy Fallon and Tyler Perry and it can die before being remade 30 years later with an all fembot cast.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Antman was a fantastic movie, probably in my top 5 of favourite marvel movies.
    cant understand that. i dont even have a top 2 or anything what is called "top" for nearly every marvel movie out there. its crap for totally retarded ppl, in my eyes. maybe xmen1 or parts of the avenger movies i could call "ok". but thats it. marvel movies are (to me) so absurd shitty crap and just laughable. nearly every single one of them. and mostly that wolverine shit, gay spiderman or dare-stupidest-movie-ever-devil.

and the worst thing: every single one of them is exactly the same plot, style, setup. its like a infinite time loop with another packaging. horrible.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-08-03 at 09:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    maybe you just dont know that the earths sun is classifed as yellow star? *shrug*
    It is not classified as yellow star. Unless you use an improper classification, that is. It's classified as G2V. And it's white as it emits white light.
    http://askanastronomer.org/stars/faq...llow-or-white/
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    and Tyler Perry.
    I would say Tyler Perry wouldn't be in it but they did put Megan Fox in TMNT after firing her from Transformers and they did put him in TMNT2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I would say Tyler Perry wouldn't be in it but they did put Megan Fox in TMNT after firing her from Transformers and they did put him in TMNT2.
    Callin' it now.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

That makes it better than Batman vs Superman according to RT critics. Given that I liked that one I doubt Suicide Squad will be a huge disappointment for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Pass on that Wonder Woman movie though, more trite World War crap I don't care for.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off in the whole link you quoted not one time there is G2V mentioned, second:;
    Er, so? I didn't link it to prove that sun is classified as G2V. There's wikipedia for that.

I linked it for you to read so you can educate yourself on misconceptions about the sun's color.

are you dumb or something?
    Same question right back at ya.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    She is such a bad actor, omg. I cringe every time I see her in movies.
    I just want the sex tape of her to come out already but I am sure her "acting" in it will be bad as well LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by morreant View Post
    That makes it better than Batman vs Superman according to RT critics. Given that I liked that one I doubt Suicide Squad will be a huge disappointment for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Pass on that Wonder Woman movie though, more trite World War crap I don't care for.
    For me the Blu-ray of BvS was much better and made a few parts make sense. The movie score wise was a 6 for me if its the blu-ray and a 4 for me if it is theater.

I guess I got to wait for the R rated Blu-Ray of this so I enjoy it more LOL.

But really this movie not being R rated was highly stupid as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Er, so? I didn't link it to prove that sun is classified as G2V. There's wikipedia for that.
    Your right there is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-type_main-sequence_star

A G-type main-sequence star (Spectral type: G-V), often (and imprecisely) called a yellow dwarf,or G dwarf star

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And it -was- a good movie. I doubt you even went to see it yourself.
    Are you kidding? It was middle of the road garbage that only got any views because it shares a name of a great franchise and the 'feminist' outcry "you only hate it because it's women" driving ratings up and driving traffic in, critics scared of being called sexist for calling garbage garbage.

It's a shame because i quite like a few of the actresses in other things but ghostbusters from the script to the directing was a flop in my eyes.

Ok space didn't work but superman from the comics and cartoon would not have stopped there. He would have taken the fight outside the city to country side. Where there was less people and less change for collateral damage.
    Yes. A comic book would have Superman conveniently know of an empty desert he could bodyslam the bad guy over into so no one got hurt. This is not about the character behaving morally though. It's a way to sanitize the consequences of violence by explaining that, magically, there just so happened to be a 10 mile wide empty field north of Metropolis, or STAR Labs just invented an Anti-Zod Raygun a couple minutes beforehand, or everyone in the entire city got into bomb shelters five minutes ago, or whatever other plot device is necessary to avoid the messy and obvious consequences of overwhelming force.

Batman v Superman cheats a bit in this way, with Batman's statement about how Gotham's harbor is disused and abandoned, so less people will die. A conceit, but at least more plausible than the farcical scene in Avengers 2 where Iron Man uses his super suit to make sure a building is completely devoid of life seconds before slamming into it.

The main way Superman avoids collateral damage is to kill Zod, which is far better than finding a cornfield to suplex him in until he cries uncle and agrees to stop being mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Well at least you are admitting finally that they are not being true to the characters.
    In this case it's more like subsequent comics are not true to the character of Superman, rather than the other way around. The character's morality is diluted to serve the corporate interests of DC Comics in having supervillains show up next issue and remaining palatable to small children.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-08-03 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The main way Superman avoids collateral damage is to kill Zod, which is far better than finding a cornfield to suplex him in until he cries uncle and agrees to stop being mean.
    Done explained all this before and just because its a movie doesn't mean they can't do it and do it right.

Superman Comic/Cartoon would have avoided collateral damage at all cost even to his own life.

Superman in BvS,MoS and New 52 gives no fucks. That is why I don't give any shits about this movie because I know its going the Injustice route. To be honest I don't even like Superman in anything(besides a handful of animated movies). But he has a few characteristics that has been in everything besides New 52. MoS and BvS ignore all of those characteristics's.

In both movies he is questioning why he should give any fucks about anyone on earth. The only two people he outright cares about is his mom and Lois.

Edit: To be honest only reason I watch Live Action DC movies is because I get a few moments of enjoyment out of them and I am a DC fan. But overall they have been trash since Dark Knight Rises.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-03 at 09:38 PM.

It hasn't flopped you sensationalist cunt. So much exaggerations, misinformation and outright lies all over the place these days. Donald Trump is the embodiment of that societal climate and so I guess I have reached my limit in terms of how much bullshit I can digest before resorting to that kind of language. It's beneath me, really. I apologize.

Now, on the matter at hand. The movie hasn't even opened yet! You cannot say that it is a flop based on early critical response! That is ridiculous. If it is a box office success it is not a flop and we do not know that yet. I am a Disney/Marvel fan-boy so I couldn't care less as I won't be paying to see this movie either way. Though I am confident it is good enough that I hope that others will so that they make more for me to leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    If it is a box office success it is not a flop and we do not know that yet.
    You do realize BvS was a box office success and even WB admits it flopped right?

Your movie can makes billions and still be a shit movie.

You do realize BvS was a box office success and even WB admits it flopped right?

Your movie can makes billions and still be a shit movie.
    You do realize that is not accurate, right? It was considered a "disappointment". Not a flop. Not even Warcraft was considered a flop (globally) and that lost money. It was considered a disappointment.

The Finest Hours is an example of a flop.

Done explained all this before and just because its a movie doesn't mean they can't do it and do it right.

Superman Comic/Cartoon would have avoided collateral damage at all cost even to his own life.
    In both films that's exactly what he does.

In Man of Steel, he first sacrifices himself by going with Zod to his probable demise on the Kryptonian prison ship. In Batman v Superman he flies into space and allows himself to get nuked.

The problem is in both cases it doesn't work, and Superman has no option to do it again. Committing suicide or refusing to fight Zod won't save anyone.

Superman originally fights and defeats Doomsday in the comics in the center of Metropolis as buildings explode around them. He didn't worry about someone getting trapped in a basement or hit by falling glass - at least not insofar as he stopped fighting Doomsday. It was more important to defeat Doomsday and prevent millions of deaths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n1DGFpWRKc

Here's the cartoon Superman vs Doomsday. Note the fight begins with Superman and Doomsday brawling literally directly under civilians. Superman accelerates into space literally right by a normal person, who is unharmed only because Superman's powers do not obey physics and generate a huge wave of force obliterating her. The reason no one dies is purely a plot contrivance - not a moral decision by the character that rescuing individuals is more important than defeating the person threatening them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

I linked it for you to read so you can educate yourself on misconceptions about the sun's color.

Same question right back at ya.
    G2V stars are also called yellow dwarf stars. Yellow dwarf stars can be white or yellow in color.
    http://planetfacts.org/yellow-dwarf/
    To keep things sort of on topic Superman gets his powers from our yellow sun, or more specifically the class of stars known as G2V(yellow dwarf). You seem to be confusing the literal color people see/don't see with what the sun is actually classified as.
    Last edited by Altrec; 2016-08-03 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morreant View Post
    Well, honestly WW1 is one of the least explored conflicts in film.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    --snip--.
    That wasn't a cartoon it was the shitstain know as Superman Doomsday movie. It was a poor version of the comic.

Nore was that the whole fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48VQnq5ejTw

Is the whole fight and at the start he stops doomsday throwing a tank at the soldiers. But like I said that movie is shit and does not do the comic justice even more so when its called Superman Doomsday and Doomsday is only in it for about 20mins.