Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Sargeras will show up in some form or another due to him chanting in his name even during the Broken Shore event. I think Sargeras was the one that empowered the shit out of him for a moment there. I'm gonna repeat it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I don't like it, but this stuck out for me:

—[B]HE WILL DO ANYTHING TO CLAIM VICTORY[/B]. THAT WILL BE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR US. LATER.

So we have another human of great power being tempted by dark forces who hope to corrupt him and exploit personal faults to get him into their service? What's 8.0's final raid, Dalaran, with Khadgar as Lich King, I mean, Arcane King? Wielding a new sword, Arcamourne?

I do like the ending, though. Makes me wonder if we actually kill Gul'Dan in NH or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I thought it was that when Illidan was shown that he did not give up fighting the Legion and it only motivated him further? (Or something similar to that)

Which would be another reason they may do the same treatment to Gul'dan making Illidan's resolve looking even more special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    It's possible that Sargeras goes: "Hey, Kil'jaeden, chill out. Gul'dan is mine now."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    BEFORE he opened the portal though?

- - - Updated - - -

Him having a change of heart and refusing would have been ooc for him.
    MU Gul'dan wasn't tasked with opening any portals or doing any jobs for the Legion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yeah, I was joking. AU Gul'dan doesn't know about Sargeras like MU Gul'dan did. Even Illidan decided to go with Legion after Sargeras burned his eyes and shown the real dimension of the Burning Crusade and the Fallen Titan.
    umm thats not what happened, Illidan never really fought for the legion, he was always working against them

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    Oh man oh man! I friggin love these things. Something to listen to every night before bed

I gotta say though, with that ending I am really curious to see what happens next. What happens between Gul'dan refusing to obey Kil'jaeden and actually opening the portal
    Maybe it wasn't Gul'dan who ended up doing it after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    umm thats not what happened, Illidan never really fought for the legion, he was always working against them
    No, he did worked with the Legion after his "defection". Azshara sent him and Varo'then to retrieve the Demon Soul from Deathwing.

Then after the Third War, he went after the Lich King by Kil'jaeden's orders. Yes, in the depth of his mind, he was doing that just waiting for the right moment to strike, but he did fought for the Legion twice.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-08-03 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I think Sargeras will show up in some form or another due to him chanting in his name even during the Broken Shore event. I think Sargeras was the one that empowered the shit out of him for a moment there. I'm gonna repeat it later.
    He gets directly empowered by Sargeras during the fight in Nighthold. The models for "hulked" Gul'dan have been sitting in the files for a while.

Gul'dan went from an Orcish school shooter to someone who can defy Kil'jaeden himself and I can't even get a text back.

Deleted
    I really hope that Gul'dan survives Legion. He (both versions) is the best villain in the Warcraft story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    He gets directly empowered by Sargeras during the fight in Nighthold. The models for "hulked" Gul'dan have been sitting in the files for a while.
    Yeah I know about Nighthold, I'm talking about the (possible) surge of power he got in this particular encounter in the audio drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    This is wrong. The very last chapter in "Demon Soul" ends with Illidan offering his services to Azshara and the legion. This was not just him trying to be a spy either. The entire book details how butthurt he is about Malfurion always 1-upping him among other things, and that he would be more appreciated in the legion. Only later in "The Sundering" does he switch sides again and help out Azeroth because he became butthurt about the legion not making him a super high rank right away too. So he naturally claimed he "was undercover" all along. His character may have evolved well later in wow lore, but he definitely earned his title of "The Betrayer" in the beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yeah, I was joking. AU Gul'dan doesn't know about Sargeras like MU Gul'dan did. Even Illidan decided to go with Legion after Sargeras burned his eyes and shown the real dimension of the Burning Crusade and the Fallen Titan.
    Illidan was never truly on the Legion's side, ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Except for the times he was. Check Devylknyght's post.

He and Gul'dan are exactly the same, powermongers that will do anything to fulfill their objectives.

yes he was, see above

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    And how do you know that's Sargeras himself hulking him up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    So he naturally claimed he "was undercover" all along. His character may have evolved well later in wow lore, but he definitely earned his title of "The Betrayer" in the beginning.
    I'm fairly sure he was known as the betrayer before this legitimate defection?

And how do you know that's Sargeras himself hulking him up?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. this is how he became known as the betrayer

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah something or someone gave him power, ''but then there was something new, a lake of fire in another realm, suddenly within reach''.

Deleted
    No, he got the title after the War of the Ancients, with the creation of the Well of Eternity. The Well and his previous dealings with the Legion led him to be jailed.