Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That added difficulty is what the dev team wants, based on what Watcher said. What you consider "the way things should be," Watcher considers "too easy." No dev would make things easier than they want the game to be.
    so they want that people get headaches and feel like shift after 2 hours raiding ??

Yeah Good Job

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have the original max zoom, but saying "This change clearly wasn't thought through because it makes tanking/raid leading/raiding harder," doesn't make a lot of sense if that extra difficulty is what the devs want. That's all. There's really no "correct level of difficulty." The designers have to decide what difficulty they're aiming for. Watcher essentially said that being able to see the entire battlefield makes raiding easier than they prefer.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    So a console command that everybody can use gives too much of an advantage..
    But widescreen monitors, which you actually have to spend money on are fine. yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by Cevera View Post
    So a console command that everybody can use gives too much of an advantage..
    But widescreen monitors, which you actually have to spend money on are fine. yeah....
    Brightside is its no longer a command and its a addon. So now I wait for whatever bullshit excuse blizzard comes up with next.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Brightside is its no longer a command and its a addon. So now I wait for whatever bullshit excuse blizzard comes up with next.
    Addons were used to provide a more "user-friendly" way of using the old method.
    Addons are frequently used to do what you can use a chat command for.
    So the route is irrelevant.
    What matters in that case is that it was not intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Addons were used to provide a more "user-friendly" way of using the old method.
    Addons are frequently used to do what you can use a chat command for.
    So the route is irrelevant.
    What matters in that case is that it was not intended.
    In the game for 11 years (nearly 12). Once again there excuse is bullshit because its been there day 1. Why is it a problem now after nearly 12 years?

If you have a virus on your computer you don't leave it there for nearly 12 years you fix it. The age of being able to do it conflicts with there reason.

If they don't want it there just say "we don't fucken want it there" but don't act like your playerbase is stupid.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'd rather have the original max zoom, but saying "This change clearly wasn't thought through because it makes tanking/raid leading/raiding harder," doesn't make a lot of sense if that extra difficulty is what the devs want. That's all. There's really no "correct level of difficulty." The designers have to decide what difficulty they're aiming for. Watcher essentially said that being able to see the entire battlefield makes raiding easier than they prefer.
    Difficulty is not just a neutral quality that you modulate your game to have more or less of, though. There's good difficulty and there's bad difficulty. It would be the easiest thing in the world to make the game harder by imposing a five second delay on every action the player took, but that would make for horrendously bad gameplay. Or you could make the game easier by making the optimal rotation for every class as simple as mashing the same button over and over. Again though, horrible gameplay.

Reducing the max camera distance like this introduces frustrating difficulty that results in a poor gameplay experience, removing information from the player and making raiding a visually unpleasant experience in many instances. Large boss models blocking your view, making it difficult to click past them, or clipping through your camera is not good game design, and it isn't how any sensible dev should be attempting to increase the difficulty in a game like WoW.

In the game for 11 years (nearly 12). Once again there excuse is bullshit because its been there day 1. Why is it a problem now after nearly 12 years?

If you have a virus on your computer you don't leave it there for nearly 12 years you fix it. The age of being able to do it conflicts with there reason.

If they don't want it there just say "we don't fucken want it there" but don't act like your playerbase is stupid.
    If you don't want the community to be called stupid, they shouldn't act like it.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Difficulty is not just a neutral quality that you modulate your game to have more or less of, though. There's good difficulty and there's bad difficulty. It would be the easiest thing in the world to make the game harder by imposing a five second delay on every action the player took, but that would make for horrendously bad gameplay. Or you could make the game easier by making the optimal rotation for every class as simple as mashing the same button over and over. Again though, horrible gameplay.

Reducing the max camera distance like this introduces frustrating difficulty that results in a poor gameplay experience, removing information from the player and making raiding a visually unpleasant experience in many instances. Large boss models blocking your view, making it difficult to click past them, or clipping through your camera is not good game design, and it isn't how any sensible dev should be attempting to increase the difficulty in a game like WoW.
    Yes, but what determines "proper" camera distance? If all this time, WoW had had zoom out to 100 and it was now reduced to 50, people would likely complain the way they are now, even though they'd have the same zoom as they're currently arguing for. Obviously, this is a theoretical that can't be proven but the "as a tank, all I see is the boss' crotch" complaints have existed before this change so I think that it's pretty likely.

So, to me, the idea that 50 was a perfect zoom distance and reducing it lower it "bad difficulty" seems hard to support.

I don't deny that there's such a thing as bad design and "bad difficulty," but a lot of people are acting like there was some objective reason to believe that raiding at 50 zoom was reasonable while raiding at 27.5 zoom is unreasonable. Suppose the game had always had a max zoom of 27.5--would raiding have never taken off? We can't know, but I doubt it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    people defending blizzard stance on this one really need a reality check, i feel for their insanity.

Still working for me atm. From what I've read they only hotfixed the ability to go to absurd distances, but it still works fine at 50.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I'm not saying people shouldn't complain. But they should make critical posts in a calm, rational and polite manner.
    Most of the community instead resorts to throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat that had their favorite toy taken away.
    Look who is talking. Do you want to read your first post again and reconsider?

Spoke to a GM about this today.

GM - "Using those console commands is fine. In fact, there are many interface options that our devs removed from the menu to make it look less overloaded, but these can still be used by addons or via commands."

Me - "So using an addon to zoom out more than the default game allows is ok?"

GM - "Yes."

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Spoke to a GM about this today.

GM - "Using those console commands is fine. In fact, there are many interface options that our devs removed from the menu to make it look less overloaded, but these can still be used by addons or via commands."

Me - "So using an addon to zoom out more than the default game allows is ok?"

GM - "Yes."
    As in will it get you a ban or suspension.
    No.
    As in can blizzard if they want prevent that.
    Yes.

Deleted
    12k downloads after 12hours, 23k after one day. You won't use those numbers to make blizzard change his mind about this. Maybe you should promote it in game for those who dont know about it, while it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    12k downloads after 12hours, 23k after one day. You won't use those numbers to make blizzard change his mind about this. Maybe you should promote it in game for those who dont know about it, while it still works.
    Curious, which platforms are you going by? It's gotten about 46k download so far. While not a lot by any means, still a good chunk.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-08-04 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    [Don't know what you are talking about because he did tilt the camera up and the amount of people playing that race is irrelevant. I agree completely with Mahcake, you've been countered and rebuked multiple times, Fanboy/troll seems to the only reason you're here.
    http://imgur.com/a/dcJhQ

The last 2 pictures are with the old camera distance. The imgur user did not tilt the camera further up with the new camera distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/dcJhQ

The last 2 pictures are with the old camera distance. The imgur user did not tilt the camera further up with the new camera distance.
    Oh gosh, don't remind me that quest. It was fun seeing half a blue dragon on my Blood Elf Paladin (haven't used addons in beta)

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    so they want that people get headaches and feel like shift after 2 hours raiding ??

Yeah Good Job
    Again. They have come out and said that there are certain ways the camera is pinning to the character that they're working on. These are issues that didn't spring up in the beta or the ptr realms (or they weren't widely reported).

They did say that. They said it in no less than 3 paragraphs. The problem is that the player base simply will not accept their reasons for saying "we don't want it like this anymore".

Yes, but what determines "proper" camera distance? If all this time, WoW had had zoom out to 100 and it was now reduced to 50, people would likely complain the way they are now, even though they'd have the same zoom as they're currently arguing for. Obviously, this is a theoretical that can't be proven but the "as a tank, all I see is the boss' crotch" complaints have existed before this change so I think that it's pretty likely.

So, to me, the idea that 50 was a perfect zoom distance and reducing it lower it "bad difficulty" seems hard to support.

I don't deny that there's such a thing as bad design and "bad difficulty," but a lot of people are acting like there was some objective reason to believe that raiding at 50 zoom was reasonable while raiding at 27.5 zoom is unreasonable. Suppose the game had always had a max zoom of 27.5--would raiding have never taken off? We can't know, but I doubt it.
    It basically depends on the encounter. There are plenty of places (most, in fact) in WoW where the default camera zoom is totally fine. The bigger the boss/environment, though, the more important a generous level of zoom becomes. 50 was a good distance because it gave you a completely adequate level of zoom for the vast majority of bosses. There were still some with utterly ginormous models (Supremus springs to mind) that would've been better with a camera distance even higher than 50.

It completely depends on the encounter, and as it stands a significant proportion of the raid bosses in WoW are big enough that the default camera just isn't suitable for them.