15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudqt View Post
    New question here about havoc dh performances in raids:

Lets say you are playing in a good guild where you have 24-25 good raiders in the roster and they rotate the classes to specifik mythic boss progression.
    The question: Do you think havoc will be one of the classes that will be rotated out alot during mythic progression or the opposite?
    Lets be honest here, some classes are usually very overall strong and rarely rotated out like mages, hunters, rogues etc.
    Do you think Havoc will be in the same category as those classes or do you think they will be one of the speccs that are more commonly rotated out,
    like ww monks, feral, ench, ret etc.

Im not asking for a 100% correct answers because that is impossible due future balance changes. Im asking for how you think it will end up like.
    It will entirely depend upon the fight and final tuning numbers. One thing of which you can almost certainly be assured, however, is that melee is going to get rotated more than ranged. With the addition of a new melee dps spec, the transition of one ranged spec to melee, and the fact that melee is arguably just more fun and visually appealing to play with the addition of the revamped visuals, there is going to be a pretty huge melee glut this expansion.

Overabundance of melee was already a problem for many guilds, and it's only going to get worse in Legion. If you're concerned about being rotated out, you'd be better off playing a ranged pure. This is assuming you're in a competitive guild that actually has a large enough roster where rotation happens. If you're in a semi-casual or casual guild, it's not going to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    Sorry, yea, I wasn't thinking of the comparison to Nem, more along the lines of doing max available damage. Makes sense, ta.

I wonder at what level of delaying Fel Rush it becomes worse than Blind Fury. Though, I guess that's only relevant on Mythic Star Augur really, anyway.

Fel Mastery just seems overwhelmingly strong compared to the other options.
    THIS. So many people either A. Look at someones example of a situation where you change talents or B.cherrypick examples themselves to justify why something shouldnt exist or should be changed.....some fights are just not gonna let DH shine, others (*cough cough*skorpyron) are godly for DH its just unreasonable of some people to expect any class to be good on every fight....you would just stack that class all raid then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nizoral View Post
    nice thanks for that.
    one thing to note....this is a patchwerk sim that doesnt account for you needing mobility to get out of bad, knowing the fight will help you make the best decision in any given situation

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Damn son...how long has this been around?
    I love this!

This would have been great for Warlords...I didn't read the quests until like the 5th time through.
    I've been using it since shortly after 6.2 came out. It's terrific in that there's options to speed through the quest text for like, dailies and stuff.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Deleted
    As a long time tank player is it worth trying something new with havoc or should i stick with vengeance?

Quote Originally Posted by V3ngy View Post
    As a long time tank player is it worth trying something new with havoc or should i stick with vengeance?
    Why would you go a DPS spec if you're looking for tanks?

Deleted
    I'm not looking for tanks , but i do want to try the new class , was wondering if it's an opportunity to try something new or if i should just keep tanking , is havoc more rewarding/enjoyable?

I'm not looking for tanks , but i do want to try the new class , was wondering if it's an opportunity to try something new or if i should just keep tanking , is havoc more rewarding/enjoyable?
    This really isn't a question anyone but you can answer.

Do you like melee? Do you like dps? Do you like new things? I can't answer that for you, neither can anyone else

Deleted
    Hi everyone ,

I follow this thread with lot of passion and i don't really see a Best Gear-list for Dh for each pre-raid and raid.

if someone have a link , i'll very happy to have .

That's the other link....this one is about the Beta.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-7-0-3-guide

Vengeance seems much more consistent to me. It has better design overall. So the answer is no, you'll be disappointed.

Your best bet is to try them both out in the weeks leading up to legion to find out which you like more at base (yes you are missing most talents) you can also use veng for solo elites and whatnot

People who done beta raid testing with havoc. Do you think havoc will be one of the speccs that will be rotated out alot during mythic progression just like retadins, ww monks, ench shamans and ferals etc? Or will they be like mages, hunters and rogues aka not rotated out so much?

100% correct answer is impossible due potential future balance changes, just tell me what you believe it will end up like?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudqt View Post
    People who done beta raid testing with havoc. Do you think havoc will be one of the speccs that will be rotated out alot during mythic progression just like retadins, ww monks, ench shamans and ferals etc? Or will they be like mages, hunters and rogues aka not rotated out so much?

100% correct answer is impossible due potential future balance changes, just tell me what you believe it will end up like?
    At the moment demon hunters will have a spot for at least 1. If things stay like they are there might even be one in a world first kill.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    At the moment demon hunters will have a spot for at least 1. If things stay like they are there might even be one in a world first kill.
    That do seem very promising considering alot of times mele classes excluding rogues have a hard time making the world first kill team.

I skimmed only a bit but this thread is 170 pages so i will just ask. I want to play something relatively simple and not be last on damage in semi-casual situations. Is DH dps ok for brainless button mash?

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    I skimmed only a bit but this thread is 170 pages so i will just ask. I want to play something relatively simple and not be last on damage in semi-casual situations. Is DH dps ok for brainless button mash?
    You can literally play any dps spec and not be last on dmg in semi-casual situations as long as you aren't terrible.

Fire mage, arms warrior, or DH are my final three main possibilities.

I'm left pretty confused by DH. I played some on beta and liked what I experienced. However from the feedback on here havoc is getting a bad rap for being simple and boring? How truthful is this?

And how does havoc compare to Arms and Fire in terms of dps and pvp viability?

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post

I'm left pretty confused by DH. I played some on beta and liked what I experienced. However from the feedback on here havoc is getting a bad rap for being simple and boring? How truthful is this?

I don't know how they compare but 1 thing is for sure: If you take mage, you are on the safe side. Forver. Mage is always viable, always at least 1 spec that is at the top and always great in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post

As far as PVP is concerned, Havoc is extremely squishy and prone to snares. It is very easy to be kited by pretty much any class. If PVP is your concern, I would pick a fire mage or an arms warrior any day. Havoc is very fun and has its moments in PVP, but you need to be dedicated to the class, because if you just want whats good, go fire mage.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

The team wants to keep the basic rotation very simple, without any procs that you have to respond to. Just press the buttons when you have resources. This does make players who want this additional complexity feel like they only have one talent choice for that tier, but that is how opt-in complexity has to be delivered.
    Translation: Havoc has to be brain-dead starting out, and that means you can only increase the complexity a little bit through the talents. We are aware of the sacrifice players with brains have to make but this is the best scenario for us because more accessibility means more money for the company.

We at Blizzard really like money. Please understand.