Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    There is just sooooo much hyperbole in this thread...
    Really: 6 people on 1 lock couldn't kill the lock? Were they naked? Spirit healer debuffed? 30 levels below the lock?
    Or the other one who said that he won a duel against a rogue going in with 25% life only by drain life... Really? Did the rogue not know how to interrupt? Cloak? Stun?

But my favorite was: The lock's shield is too big, you cannot kill him while stunned any more!

I don't PvP much. I just always hated it because of melees against which 1:1 it really was a joke in all of WoW so far in my experience.
    It's not hyperbole. Locks are broken right now. I know you don't want to get nerfed. Nobody does. I main an Unholy DK and we just got nerfed. It sucks. And I fought that same lock by myself and I couldn't kill him. But at the same time, he couldn't kill me either. I just replaced Death Coil with Death Strike and we just stood there for what seemed like forever out-healing the damage we were putting on each other. That's just stupid. If I want to watch two turtles mating, I'd turn on the nature channel.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    do you mean on live right now or on beta

my warlock dies fine on beta

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    I'm ok with the damage if selfhealing and/or absorbs get a bit lower. It's just too much. If you combine that with 1min corruptions on multiple targets, 20x stacked agony and stackeable UA's it's just a bit too much.
    Dispel is a thing. And comes PvP Talents, most of the melee will either have flat damage reduction from DoTs or have even more asinine versions of Cloak of Bullshit.

Anyway, the shitty math from the OP has already been covered. However, there's still the part where:
    -Curse of Weakness has only 50% uptime;
    -Curse of Weakness reduces only physical damage and does nothing against wonderful Mage burst.

Also, only Affliction can Drain Tank efficiently. Demo and Destro can wave their damage bye bye if they fuck around with it too much. Especially Demo since it's tight Soul Shard cycle doesn't allow it to not Shadow Bolt spam for too long and maintain their damage. And Affliction is screwed comes Legion thanks to aforementioned cancer PvP talents of melee. Also shitty design with a dash of schizophrenia when you compare PvP and PvE designs. In general, Essence Drain means you can't take Casting Circle, so hello darkness silence my old friend. Not to mention interrupts. But casters can't have disarms to counterbalance two different anti-caster mechanics, because "balance".
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-08-02 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Dispel is a thing. And comes PvP Talents, most of the melee will either have flat damage reduction from DoTs or have even more asinine versions of Cloak of Bullshit.

Anyway, the shitty math from the OP has already been covered. However, there's still the part where:
    -Curse of Weakness reduces only physical damage and does nothing against wonderful Mage burst.

Also, only Affliction can Drain Tank efficiently. Demo and Destro can wave their damage bye bye if they fuck around with it too much. Especially Demo since it's tight Soul Shard cycle doesn't allow it to not Shadow Bolt spam for too long and maintain their damage. And Affliction is screwed comes Legion thanks to aforementioned cancer PvP talents of melee. Also shitty design with a dash of schizophrenia when you compare PvP and PvE designs. In general, Essence Drain means you can't take Casting Circle, so hello darkness silence my old friend. Not to mention interrupts. But casters can't have disarms to counterbalance two different anti-caster mechanics, because "balance".
    I really want disarm back. I mentioned it the other day to a friend, and his first response was "Ugh, no, I hated disarm, do you know how much it sucked to just not be able to do anything for a long time?". Yes. Yes I do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    I really want disarm back. I mentioned it the other day to a friend, and his first response was "Ugh, no, I hated disarm, do you know how much it sucked to just not be able to do anything for a long time?". Yes. Yes I do.
    I do miss disarm. And I do sorely miss the Felhunter being able to eat buffs. What the fuck happened to that? You can't actually solo some fights in old raids, because there's no dispel anymore on the pet >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    I do miss disarm. And I do sorely miss the Felhunter being able to eat buffs. What the fuck happened to that? You can't actually solo some fights in old raids, because there's no dispel anymore on the pet >.<
    Moved to infernal. It messed me up on beta when they made the change to talent changing, since the demonology artifact quest has a fight where the mobs heal up a lot and you have to do some workarounds to do it without dispel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Moved to infernal. It messed me up on beta when they made the change to talent changing, since the demonology artifact quest has a fight where the mobs heal up a lot and you have to do some workarounds to do it without dispel.
    Oh shit that's where it's gone, thanks Still sucks though. Could've just kept it on both and not made the Infernal talent mandatory. Kinda the whole thing about Felhunters that they devour magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

this is so true, PVP talents will make a huge difference and suddenly all the QQ we've seen so much about locks will disappear or they'll continue to die because they're just bad players and they're very vocal about their belief that they are good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    this is so true, PVP talents will make a huge difference and suddenly all the QQ we've seen so much about locks will disappear or they'll continue to die because they're just bad players and they're very vocal about their belief that they are good
    Most of those complaining are from people trying to fight a Warlock 1v1 which is silly in itself since It's quite clear Warlocks, especially Affliction are going to take a long time to take down. Better spent on a squishy class like Mage or SP.

People are bad and don't want to put any effort into actually figuring out how to beat us so they just cry "nerf" until Blizzard gives in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    People are bad and don't want to put any effort into actually figuring out how to beat us so they just cry "nerf" until Blizzard gives in.
    It is exactly this. For the last week or two I've played a lot of random BGs and the difference between decent players and idiots is staggering. A typical melee mong will charge/grip/run into you, stun you with their longest stun, pop all cds aaaand... this is the part where they expect you to be dead in 2-3 gcd's, but nope, you actually survive through a combination of passive shield and pact. Then the stun ends and you heal back up, and the poor melee is now without cd's, dotted up and ready to be slaughtered. Whereas a melee with some actual brain (rare, but I've met them) will know this. They will not open up on you like a Ritalin-addled fool, they'll remove your shield, wait out or juke your defensive, drop dots (most melees have a way to do that, between cloak, bubble, shell etc.), THEN they actually find the opportunity, open for real and secure the kill.

I can imagine how bad it feels for those poor poor melee primitives who believed themselves to be LEET MLG PVPERS because they could pop cds and burst us down in a stun without any semblance of thinking or strategy. But to demand our class to be designed around their aggressive idiocy? That's just bad.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-08-03 at 07:49 AM.

Deleted
    I actually have to go back on my earlier statement after having tested it in live last night: I do admit that locks are a bit OP at the moment. Far from unkillable, but admittedly, if you last for that long against 2-3 players, it is not fully balanced

I still do not believe 6 people not being able to kill a lock. That was hyperbole.

And of course, I also have to say, after 12 years of being forced into PVP several times by Blizzard and every single time leaving a BG thinking "I freaking hate rogues for killing me without being able to do anything if my trinket is on CD", it was really nice to have the tables turned for once

Deleted
    lol get good melee boys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    When you do tons of BGs and almost all of them the top heal is only warlocks, something is wrong
    Yea, healers need to start playing better and healing their team instead of healing just themselves all the time and dpsing.

Warlocks heals are self only, since we're the ones who get dick'd on the most, we need to heal more. It's rare there's a healer around who will actually help you out when 3+ are ganking you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    I sure hope they nerf affliction so that it's even more unplayable in PvE. I sure do love that PvP eternally fucks us in PvE.
    Bit late to this topic but.. the 2 talents that are causing the issue people are talking about are both pvp talents.

If you've been paying attention to the alpha/beta blizzard has simply given themselves more knobs to turn than ever before for balance purposes in both pve and pvp many of which are mutually exclusive. While the overlap has caused issues in the past, it absolutely shouldn't this time around as blizzard has simply given themselves way too many options.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

People don't realize that every warlock is now taking Demon Skin and Dark Pact, those two shields alone can absorb up to like 300k I believe, take that plus every second your getting more of an absorb, plus EVERY SINGLE DOT you have up heals you for a small amount, add drain life...cmon guys...its kinda broken..I mean..I'm by no means amazing, the highest I've ever got is like 1700, and i'm 1v2 people in 2's..

I will say this, in BG's..I don't feel overpowered, people think since I put up huge numbers i'm doing crazy big numbers, but i'm not. I'm just dotting everything that moves and jumping around like an idiot until someone targets me.

In 2's, again I still feel like warlocks are a little OP in this bracket, but 2's technically aren't what blizzard balances PVP on so I could really care less about the QQ here.

In 3's I feel like I always have, good healers dispel my dots, which sucks, i'm constantly having to reapply them, at no point do I feel like i'm just pressing buttons and winning.

I think what we have here is a classic case of bad players speaking up the most about how they can't kill warlocks in 3 GCD's anymore, which I'll gladly drink those tears.

Wow this still? Pvp isn't even ranked right now, we don't have honor talents.. so much is missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    the highest I've ever got is like 1700, and i'm 1v2 people in 2's..

I think what we have here is a classic case of bad players speaking up the most about how they can't kill warlocks in 3 GCD's anymore, which I'll gladly drink those tears.
    1700?! 2's?! classes broken?!

Demon skin getting nerfed was needed. The shield was hard to work through which is what made locks eat full kidneys without losing health and that's why we seemed so OP. I think we are in a much better place now for a class that has no mobility in 3's.
    Last edited by Lucidious; 2016-08-04 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Wow this still? Pvp isn't even ranked right now, we don't have honor talents.. so much is missing.
    This thread is pretty much a joke.

1) Not max level yet. It's like complaining disc priests are OP in the 10-19 bracket, when Blizzard always tunes for cap.

2) Half the PVP system isn't even active yet.

3) People too used to eating warlocks for breakfast having to actually fight smart and are not wanting to do it.

Sad.