Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

MOP CM gold sets

I believe MOP cm Gold Sets should be given to all classes not just class wide for that one class. most arguments for against are just atrociously horrible as the CMs were easy to do I did them on my hunter as it was the only character I had max at the time I played casually in MOP and still do now. I have yet to see a logical reason for why they shouldn't be account wide as they can implement a system like they did for WoD, as well as they made the phoenix mounts account wide otherwise I would of had to do 4x 9/9 runs for each mount. peoples arguments include you should of had each class to max ( I don't have the time to play that much nor would I want to max each class as that is a learning process for each one), re colors/textures from legion ( not the same thing ) , the fallacy that everyone has the time to max every single class fully get it to BIS for CMs for at the time which was just socketed gear mainly ( again relates to the first point ). I have not seen a good logical reason for why they shouldn't do it they're unique yes but if I did them on one class does it honestly matter if I have them unlocked for all my classes because who ( casual players ) that did the Cms was going to run it one on each toon get BIS gear to clear golds logically speaking.
    If you have a reason why MOP gold sets should not be added for all classes if you did them once state below. otherwise don't come at me with illogical rabble or strawmen as I will just break them down or ignore them entirely.

Gold sets from MOP should just be added back and the runs added back... let people go back and do all content they missed or didn't want to do at the time but do now, or maybe changed mains. Hell put vanilla nax back in for farming, esp with the new Xmog system.... there is zero reason to remove stuff to do from an MMO. Well i guess if its game breaking....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Have them on 6 classes but i dont even wear any of them lol why? coz everyone and their mothers is wearing them lol especially those paladin shoulders =/

Those are really high quality sets, just imagine if everyone is wearing them, do you still feel equipping 11 toons with them too? =/ Its bad enough those cm/raid boost sellers are ruining what little showiness of items/mounts we get in PvE, cant we just have this 1 thing retain its prestige? please

I got them on every class except my warrior (yes I still regret it) but go figure... I finished WoD cms on the warrior first this time around haha. (Arms was so good for them!)

I'd like em on every char, but I understand why they don't. I got the one I really wanted so I'm fine either way.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    cant we just have this 1 thing retain its prestige? please
    the prestige is in being the FIRST to accomplish that, not the last. i dont quite care what other people do or when. i am only impressed by the people who do it first. if you arent first, you arent impressive or prestigious at all regardless of what items you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Yeah, the "Class Order" sets have basically spat on the original accomplishments anyways. Either bring back the old Challenge Modes, or just unlock those sets across your Account (still Class-specific, obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, with all the scaling Blizz is doing these days, they should scale up all CM's and maybe change the colors a bit (to account for class changes that didn't exist in MoP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Have them on 6 classes but i dont even wear any of them lol why? coz everyone and their mothers is wearing them lol especially those paladin shoulders =/

Those are really high quality sets, just imagine if everyone is wearing them, do you still feel equipping 11 toons with them too? =/ Its bad enough those cm/raid boost sellers are ruining what little showiness of items/mounts we get in PvE, cant we just have this 1 thing retain its prestige? please
    What prestige you did it server first and once everyone started getting the sets it lost its prestige rather quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as the weapons from WoD are effectively account-bound and the mounts are account bound, I see no reason for the sets to not ALSO be "account bound." As in, anyone that earned them back in MoP can buy them for any class.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The exactly skins/colour/models should not be added back. They were a limited time only thing, and I don't want them to be available again.

2. I don't think Blizzard should make it so that you unlock every single Class if you did them. That would take away from those who did it on multiple toons for that very purpose, to have the CM sets. Sure it would be great for me to have them on every toon, but if I'm of the mind set that I worked for them back in MoP, got the Gold CM set, and don't want them to be obtainable again, then I don't want to have every single class unlock their CM set just because I completed it on my Shaman.

3. I do think they should add more things like the CM set to make people want to do content for them. The MoP CM sets are getting a recolour, and altered models, as the Class Hall set, but I would like to see brand new sets for ranking high in Mythic Dungeons for example, if you go up to a certain tier.
    Currently Procrastinating

I find people that are disgruntled about it tend to nitpick and try to find an issue with it where there is none the sets from MoP should be account bound and available on any class not class bound.

I think it's fine the way it is. As it stands, the only reason they made the WoD CMs purely account wide is that each class got the same reward, but some classes could use a hell of a lot more of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be okay with them making a way to purchase them individually. For example, I only did them on my druid; my druid was my main all through MoP and WoD, except I am now mainchanging to rogue. I don't get to use the CM set anymore since I didn't earn it on this new character. I'd pay 1mil gold for it if they offered it tbh.

If they implemented a system where I had to pay for it per class I would be fine with that there is no reason it has to be class specific there just isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to admit that it would devalue the sets. It would certainly make them far less prestigious than they are now. I think an absurdly high price needs to paid for them IF they ever made a re-entry into the game. Just giving them to everyone who complete 9/9 gold mop on one character is a bad move IMO.

I have them on two characters. I felt a great swell of pride after getting them after all the effort put into getting them. That said, If there was an instance that tune those instances to the same level of difficulty and rewards I would not mind at all doing them for alts.

It really leaves a huge hole in the true completionist's heart to be denied something that class specific. Kinda makes you not want to bother getting anything else knowing that empty space will never be filled.

Blizzard make a tuned Challenge Timewalker week event with the MoP and WoD original gear rewards!! Make it so man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    You have to admit that it would devalue the sets. It would certainly make them far less prestigious than they are now. I think an absurdly high price needs to paid for them IF they ever made a re-entry into the game. Just giving them to everyone who complete 9/9 gold mop on one character is a bad move IMO.
    There isn't that mush prestige to them in the first place as people had plenty of time to get them just as they did with WoD some either don't have max characters for each class ( I don't ) or if they do they aren't all BIS for CMs. and MOP was extremely easy to get gold in.

10+ Year Old Account

Posts like this one make me facepalm.

When I get something cool, be it CM armor or a rare mount or a low drop-rate item like Tusks from Siege... I'm happy and I enjoy it. I don't give a shit how many other people have <name of thing> - it does not take away from my excitement to obtain it. I was one of the few people on my server to get Ashes when it was still extremely rare, and I've seen 100+ people with them since. Couldn't care less, doesn't take a damn thing away from the joy I felt when I won mine, or from having mine.

People like you, on the other hand, seem to think like children who want to be the only kid on your block with an NES. When you find out some other kid has one too, you stop feeling like a special little snowflake, get mad and stop playing yours. That's just really, really stupid and pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    Wouldn't devalue them anymore than the thousands of people who simply bought a full set of CM clears. But yeah, tell me again how prestigious those armor sets are.

#willywonkameme
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the prestige is in being the FIRST to accomplish that, not the last. i dont quite care what other people do or when. i am only impressed by the people who do it first. if you arent first, you arent impressive or prestigious at all regardless of what items you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    What prestige you did it server first and once everyone started getting the sets it lost its prestige rather quickly.
    If they implemented a system where I had to pay for it per class I would be fine with that there is no reason it has to be class specific there just isn't.
    There isn't that mush prestige to them in the first place as people had plenty of time to get them just as they did with WoD some either don't have max characters for each class ( I don't ) or if they do they aren't all BIS for CMs. and MOP was extremely easy to get gold in.
    Like i said i dont even wear them coz, there isnt much prestige to them now. But in the eyes of WoD babies, or Legion babies or maybe 10 years from now when they are all pixelated and ugly it will obtain its rare status and we dont have a lot of that in game.