Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    1 and 2 aren't enough for Force of Nature to see play.

I think it compares unfavorably in most regards to Forbidden Ritual and doesn't fit Zoo.
    Druids aren't Zoolocks.

#3 is the most important point here
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-08-03 at 02:34 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Druids aren't Zoolocks.
    It's not a good card in a vacuum. Druid has better support for such a spell and still doesn't want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just added a 3 mana 3/3 zoobot. Give a random friendly murloc dragon and beast +1/+1. (Cant post an image im at work)
    They are really pushing for decks with multiple creature types in them with this and curator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

So I am remember seeing something along the lines of old Expansion/Adventure cards moving to Wild only after new cards come out.

Now with the release of this Adventure, will any past Adventure/Expansion card set move to Wild only?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    So I am remember seeing something along the lines of old Expansion/Adventure cards moving to Wild only after new cards come out.

Now with the release of this Adventure, will any past Adventure/Expansion card set move to Wild only?
    No. Right now it's the Year of the Kraken. What this means is until the next Year starts, Blackrock Mountain and Grand Tournament will still be in Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Don't forget the flipside of running Malchezar - you're putting 5 extra cards with possibly zero synergy into your deck. You may get something good out of it, but really all you're doing is making it harder to cycle your deck for cards you need
    True but at the same time it might just end up giving you an okay minion to fill your curve when you're otherwise synergized deck gives you a bad curve that could leave you with nothing to play on a particular turn under normal circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The real question is whether or not they'll have a new expansion ready for the first week of the new year or if we'll have to wait a while for the full meta to be out again. Only getting a few months with a certain card pool kind of blows.
    The old sets dont rotate out until the first expansion of the year so if Blizz release 3 a year as they have stated they will there will always be a minimum of 4 expansions in standard to choose from.

Deleted
    New Cards

Neutral:
    Zoobot (Common, 3 mana): Battlecry: give a random friendly beast,dragon and murloc +1/+1. 3/3 stats
    Medivh(Legendary, 8 mana): Battlecry: Equip Atiesh( Staff, 3 charges with the same effect as Summoning Stone). 7/7 stats

Warlock:
    Silverware Golem: If you discard this minion, summon it. 3/3 stats

I like that they're trying to get new themes in(synergy between the zoobot and curator, synergy between Silverware Golem and the discard imp), but I dislike Medivh because of Ooze/Harrison.

It also seems like a lot of filler cards

Medivh seems pretty strong in a late game spell heavy deck. I could see it seeing play in Yogg Druid. Play Medivh, then play something like Nourish or Swipe or whatever. Obviously good in Mage as well. Gets wrecked by Harry/Ooze obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just released another one, found it on hearthpwn. a Discover card for dragon decks, could be quite good.

Medivh seems way to slow for the current meta, but he could see play in some classes that don't use weapons. Atleast we finally have a neutral weapon for all classes, even if it costs that much to get it. He's kinda like Arch-Thief Rafaam where you need atleast 1 more turn to get full value out of the minion, unlike other cards for his costs like Kel'Thuzad, Ragnaros, Tirion etc.

Silverware Golem looks pretty good if you can get it to discard early on, imagine getting to discard it with a Succubus on turn 1 or 2. But other than discard shenanigans which may or may not get popular, it won't see play in other decks. I could see a ''discard zoo'' happen, who would use cards like Succubus, Tiny Knight of Evil, Darkshire Librarian and ofc Doomguards. Its also competing tis 3-slot drop with Imp Gang Boss and Darkshire Councilman, but ideally you don't even want to play it by itself.

Netherspite Historian will probably see play in dragon priests and maybe some other dragon decks (except the currently famous dragon warrior). Some dragon priests actually run Museum Curator, which would be replaced for this card as dragon cards just fit the deck a lot more. A lot of dragon cards are also really good, they even have a lot of good late game dragons like Ysera, Alexstrazsa, Deathwing + Dragonlord, Nozdormu, Malygos, Chromaggus, Nefarian etc.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Medivh seems way to slow for the current meta, but he could see play in some classes that don't use weapons. Atleast we finally have a neutral weapon for all classes, even if it costs that much to get it. He's kinda like Arch-Thief Rafaam where you need atleast 1 more turn to get full value out of the minion, unlike other cards for his costs like Kel'Thuzad, Ragnaros, Tirion etc.

Silverware Golem looks pretty good if you can get it to discard early on, imagine getting to discard it with a Succubus on turn 1 or 2. But other than discard shenanigans which may or may not get popular, it won't see play in other decks. I could see a ''discard zoo'' happen, who would use cards like Succubus, Tiny Knight of Evil, Darkshire Librarian and ofc Doomguards. Its also competing tis 3-slot drop with Imp Gang Boss and Darkshire Councilman, but ideally you don't even want to play it by itself.

Netherspite Historian will probably see play in dragon priests and maybe some other dragon decks (except the currently famous dragon warrior). Some dragon priests actually run Museum Curator, which would be replaced for this card as dragon cards just fit the deck a lot more. A lot of dragon cards are also really good, they even have a lot of good late game dragons like Ysera, Alexstrazsa, Deathwing + Dragonlord, Nozdormu, Malygos, Chromaggus, Nefarian etc.
    Silverware golem is a staple in agressive zoo that uses soulfires and doomguards, free 3/3 is nothing to be scoffed at. However, current cards are not enough to make discolock viable, they need something like a legendary that uses discard mechanic to build a deck around.

Dragon warrior again won't have space to use 1/3 since it's a tempo deck and playing 2 mana minion that dies free to anything isn't good tempo play. And they have 6 2-drops already.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got it. Blizzard fails at communication again.
    Blizzard communicated this EXTENSIVELY in the lead-up to Standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Medivh because it is just a better summoning stone.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    If you read their official page regarding standard it says sets from the previous 2 calendar years. That is shit communication if they mean something else.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...-play-2-2-2016
    "Standard is a new format in Play mode that allows players to go head-to-head using only the most recently released Hearthstone cards. You’ll play Standard using a deck built solely from a pool of cards that were released in the current and previous calendar year, along with a core foundation of the Basic and Classic card sets (which will always be valid for Standard)."

Literally the first paragraph after the intro on the very post you linked

That's some mighty fine reading comprehension you've got.

I just saw Fool's Bane and laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl!

5 mana 3/4 Weapon - Unlimited attacks each turn. Can't attack enemy heroes.

So turn 5, cement board control for the rest of the game.

I thought they might be trying to cut back on the Warrior power creep but nope, just gonna reinforce it instead.

I like how I actually remembered Fool's Bane as a weapon from Kara, most weapons from these days aren't that memorable to me at all. Though I think warriors have gotten enough new weapons as it is, this one manages to be unique atleast. I could see atleast 1 copy in control decks, maybe patron aswell. In arena its pretty awesome.

Moonglade Portal seems below average. It helps out to survive and bring a fat minion on the board, but I don't see any room for it as druids have better cards for the 6 slot. Like why not just play Sylvanas rather then hoping to get her from Moonglade Portal, while she's arguably the best 6 drop. In arena its average atleast, the heal might matter a lot more and you always want to have some board.

This expansion hasn't really impressed me so far, but the thing I hope for the most is that priests get some really good cards to get them back into the game.

Deleted
    Lol that warrior weapon. Ben Brode needs to be replaced asap. What a joke.

Man, these portals are all really awful. Mage is the best one so far and even that is just a maybe in reno or some tempo decks.

Yeah, the warrior (wtf?) portal sure is crap too.

Best card so far is the priest one that only lets you silence your own minion, though. Frodan summed that up perfectly: "I always enjoy making my own minions worse."
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2016-08-06 at 02:40 AM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Just saw the rest of the cards for the expansion. One Night in Karazhan -- more like -- One Night in Development, lmao.