Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Doesn't the class trinket just purge the hell out of your mana as a Fire mage with the auto-cast of Flamestrike? Has over double the mana cost of your DPS when it procs.
    Wat.

No. Just no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    blizz only saw the damage output and buffed the spell to 60% spell power per tick
    That's not encouraging about their codin' skilz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Because LB has such a long cooldown(for a dot) it feels like it should have a detonate function
    If the first target dies immediately it still spreads LB to all the rest so it has that advantage going for it. It's probably good enough to not need a detonate function too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    If the first target dies immediately it still spreads LB to all the rest so it has that advantage going for it. It's probably good enough to not need a detonate function too.
    True, but in a pack of adds that die quick it would be my luck to put it on the one add that dies last

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah but in typical blizz fashion they over nerf things.
    That's not really the case here. It's absolute fine. It was massively over buffed, not the opposite. It's nice to be strong, but it's actually not enjoyable to have such a broken talent carry me on the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    That's not really the case here. It's absolute fine. It was massively over buffed, not the opposite. It's nice to be strong, but it's actually not enjoyable to have such a broken talent carry me on the meters.
    I know it was OP I understand that, but it could be slightly better than it is and still not be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I know it was OP I understand that, but it could be slightly better than it is and still not be broken.
    I think it serves it's purpose more or less. For a passive it's really good. Living Bomb will outstrip it in many mob or burst situations, and that's totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Wat.

No. Just no.
    Information from IcyVeins / Altered Time / Serenity. :S
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Also information out there, probably on those same three sites that stated Blizzard hotfixed that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Source: actually playing with the trinket post-hotfix.

It's shit at 110 due to that change. They nerfed a talent because a trinket is too strong. Brilliant.

They also broke FP again in this patch because Blizzard can't change something without breaking it because not 1 competent person works there.

Guess it's time to nerf Cinderstorm because PoF: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=15. And also the ring!
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-08-04 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    It's shit at 110 due to that change. They nerfed a talent because a trinket is too strong. Brilliant.

They also broke FP again in this patch because Blizzard can't change something without breaking it because not 1 competent person works there.
    Dude, FS+FP did more dmg than Pyro on single target. PPl was using FS instead of Pyro on beta. It was clearly broken.

When you get the Artifact Weapon trait (double FS), FP will be great again.

Quote Originally Posted by HTowN View Post
    Dude, FS+FP did more dmg than Pyro on single target. PPl was using FS instead of Pyro on beta. It was clearly broken.

Does Aftershock also trigger Flame Patch? I was under the impression it wouldn't since it's a separate spell. But haven't tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    Does Aftershock also trigger Flame Patch? I was under the impression it wouldn't since it's a separate spell. But haven't tested it.
    Last I checked (about a month ago) it didn't.

Guess it's time to nerf Cinderstorm because PoF: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=15. And also the ring!
    No, they nerfed a talent because it was disgustingly overpowered in all aspects, at 100 and 110. Stop crying.

Deleted
    No. Absolutely not. The trinket with the talent is still the best trinket on live which comes to prove how broken op the talent was before.

Also an indirect proof to that is that LB is an active so why should a passive beat it for most intends and purposes they both apply?

PS. The class in whole doesn't show amazing logs right now on live but it has little to do with that talent's balance.

Quote Originally Posted by HTowN View Post

Yes because having 4 FPs on the ground simultaneously with 0 loss to Ignite burst is definitely 110 defined. The trinket has nothing at all to do with that.

No, they nerfed a talent because it was disgustingly overpowered in all aspects, at 100 and 110. Stop crying.
    No, it wasn't. Learn how to do a little basic math.

No. Absolutely not. The trinket with the talent is still the best trinket on live which comes to prove how broken op the talent was before.
    When it works, and solely because things die too fast for LB to be worth it and the other talent is garbage. I just linked a log where another trinket did significantly more than 6x FP dropping with FB FB FP FO FB FB FP would've done in less time.

It's not good right now, not even with this trinket. It's probably not quite as strong as SMP unless the fight has AoE you can reliably get adds to marinate in (again adds die incredibly fast, the fact that a few ticks of 4 FPs was monstrous damage was the only reason it was good because now you don't kill them, everyone else does, and your ignite does). Check the logs. Now consider that at 110 you won't be getting free FPs and it won't even be worth casting short of mass AoE until you get the artifact trait.

Also an indirect proof to that is that LB is an active so why should a passive beat it for most intends and purposes they both apply?
    Because without FP you wouldn't FS as much, meaning FP makes you spend GCDs just like LB makes you spend GCDs. They're both actives because you have to play differently with them. The only passive in this row is the fireball splash because you aren't going to cast fireball when you could FS or Pyro or Phoenix, and even your target choice isn't super important because these procs are rare and the radius is large. It's truly passive, the other two require ability usage and gameplay change to use effectively.

Just like right now to play with FP effectively with the trinket you bank FBs and target swap to pick an ideal target and use Flame On not for Ignite if you have a massive amount of shit to AoE. If you just naturally let FB trigger FS casts you won't actually be doing a lot of DPS.

PS. The class in whole doesn't show amazing logs right now on live but it has little to do with that talent's balance.
    LB and Ignite with FSFS for fat Ignites on packs is what makes Fire good at 110, on top of the good ST. FP was viable with fewer targets and now it's not. This talent isn't key at 110, it's not broken at 110, you don't play around dropping FS as much as possible at 110. You do that now at 100 because our class trinket was broken. As is, this talent is very bad at 110, and given it wasn't OP before, this is a stupid change.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-08-04 at 06:31 AM.

Deleted
    A lot of "probably"s with little meaning. Go sim the trinkets. Tome is still clearly the best right now after the FP nerf and on single target.

"You wouldn't FS as much" is nonsense. When you need LB a lot you clearly need FS a lot. FP is clearly a passive, not an active.

Sure FP is passive but its a big ask to spend your hotstreak on FS (granting FP) when you could spend it on Pyro then LB. The 2 talents should (and as far as I know are) be competitive.
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2016-08-04 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Sure FP is passive but its a big ask to spend your hotstreak no FS (granting FP) when you could spend it on Pyro then LB. The 2 talents should (and as far as I know are) be competitive.
    Even with Living Bomb, you're going to use FS. I don't get what you're trying to say. It's pretty simple. Does the damage from FS do more Damage than a Pyro would do? Then FS. 3 targets is the point you use FS i think.

Even with Living Bomb, you're going to use FS. I don't get what you're trying to say. It's pretty simple. Does the damage from FS do more Damage than a Pyro would do? Then FS. 3 targets is the point you use FS i think.
    Yeah, Pyro does 400% SP, FS does 180% SP. So 3 targets is the correct point.

Since they both cause Ignite, nothing of value is lost.