Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    I've recorded myself speedlevelling through each zone, maybe some people without beta access might be interested.
    Using this route you can easily achieve a 38-50min per level levelling speed (I dinged in 7.5 hours, without turning in prequests, using prequests/objectives will boost this speed even more).

The videos show where to use gliders, in which order to do quest hubs, which areas have high density mobs for certain quests etc.

The videos are very basic recordings as I have literally 0 experience with making videos. You can turn up the speed of the videos if you want to quickly see the route I take.
    If anyone has any comments on things that can be improved , let me know (The quality for highmountain is a bit low, i will upload it in higher quality when I get back from vacation)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1c...fzPWHEJlHdLGEw
    I can't check the videos right now, but how did you feel about the zone order you chose?

Is it possible to only do 50% each zone to hit friendly and 110 at roughly the same time, then start Suramar and unlock world quests.

If anyone has done a play through of just getting reputations to friendly what level were you when you finished?

Reason for this question: Friendly reputation I believe is the only requirement to unlock world quests outside of hitting 110 and doing Suramar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Are people seriously getting to 110 within 10 hours by "normal" leveling

Such a waste
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Everything is gated behind the main questline, even if you level to 110 in a day, 5 levels of which are in WoD content, your gonna have 2 entire legion zones to do at max level, by the time you've completed that people are already going to be farming heroics. May be technically faster, but your wasting so much time in the grand scheme of things, that it's not going to help you.

I've levelled 6 chars to 110 on the beta, I gotta say, the fastest way to level and gear is just get stuck in and quest. As I said, everything's gated behind the story quests, You'l hit 110 with 2 zones, no world quests, no Suramar. This is where you get your 810 ilvl for heroics. With scaling zones, your not going to "be ahead of the crowd", your going to be fighting 110 Mobs in said last zones, which will have 1-2M HP, it won't be "quicker" at max level, it will take longer.

Don't bother, just go do it normally, it's actually faster overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Is it possible to only do 50% each zone to hit friendly and 110 at roughly the same time, then start Suramar and unlock world quests.
    You need the 4 zone items, so you need to do each zone upto and including the dungeon quest. I don't think you can access Suramar until then,.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-08-04 at 06:20 AM.

They've already nerfed all the dailies plus all the bonus objectives, so you can't use those as quickies once launch happens. Best way to level fast is to jump in and start leveling via quests. Only takes about an hour per level.

Over all, it should take you 6-8 hours to hit 110. 15 hours if you're slow

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    They've already nerfed all the dailies plus all the bonus objectives, so you can't use those as quickies once launch happens. Best way to level fast is to jump in and start leveling via quests. Only takes about an hour per level.

Over all, it should take you 6-8 hours to hit 110. 15 hours if you're slow
    Is this recent? Bonus objectives haven't been nerfed last I checked and many (5-8) dailies haven't been nerfed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    You need the 4 zone items, so you need to do each zone up to and including the dungeon quest. I don't think you can access Suramar until then.
    Last I checked (a month ago) you didn't have to do the pillars to unlock Suramar. At least when I leveled on beta I was able to go there with only half of Stormheim done and no pillars dungeon quest for the zone.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Is this recent? Bonus objectives haven't been nerfed last I checked and many (5-8) dailies haven't been nerfed
    As of the other day on beta all jungle dailies have been nerfed and all bonus objectives. There's plenty of vids on YT and streamers letting everyone know.

Deleted
    I wonder if these people that like to skip content are the same people that complain there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    As of the other day on beta all jungle dailies have been nerfed and all bonus objectives. There's plenty of vids on YT and streamers letting everyone know.
    that was many weeks ago and all bonus objectives were not nerfed. I don't need to watch videos to review what I can check in beta myself...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I wonder if these people that like to skip content are the same people that complain there is none.
    I just play another game/ask for legacy. There is always something to do in wow anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    This thread is for discussing the optimal preparation for levelling in Legion for those who care about getting to 110 as fast as possible

For Warlords of Dreanor I had a stack of 25 quests that I handed in as soon as the expansion went live - this gave me I believe about 40-60% of a level but this boost was all but wiped out due to the buggy release

For legion there are far fewer daily quests but I've still been able to find a total of 25 quests. I've been able to get 30% of a level (based on current beta) and was wondering if anyone has been able to get more?
    There is no way, 25 MoP quests gave you 40-60% towards level 91..

I did the same for both MoP and WoD, and both times, it gave me 3-4%... The same was true for everyone else I know, who did the same.
    3-4% combined with the facts that
    1: You need to spend time travelling to each quest hub to hand in
    2: You fall behind those that start the new content immediately and thus you fight hundredes of other players for kills
    .....means that you loose time, in the race to 110..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I think, Blizzard did an OK job to address this issue this time around: Making everything much more grindy (professions, reputation, even Raids with the horrible amount of trash) naturally stretches out the content for most of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

I did the same for both MoP and WoD, and both times, it gave me 3-4%... The same was true for everyone else I know, who did the same.
    2: You fall behind those that start the new content immediately and thus you fight hundredes of other players for kills
    I can't recall exactly how much it was, it certainly wasnt as small as 4%. I dont consider it particularly relevant though so maybe you're right.

For Legion: It takes me 12 minutes to hand-in quests - I get to 101 in that time saving me between 40-50 minutes for the first level and allowing me to get ahead with my class hall quests well that tiny bit faster too.

I will not be fighting hundreds for the kills, a) they are shared and b) all zones are starting zones. I expect to be questin in legion at 12:15, given I already know all the quests of the starting zone I will choose i highly doubt i'll be behind people.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing it on some alts that didn't do much in WoD. Mostly in the event that Broken Isle servers go down, but also because I want to get alts done ASAP. Can't do it on my main anywhere because I basically 100% all of WoD, plus I like doing the leveling experience at least once.

You're full of shit. Those MoP quests didn't give you 4% of a level. They were approx 12K per quest. 25 x 12K is 300K. A level was about 720K to get to lvl 91. 300/720 is about 42%.
    Last edited by munkeyinorbit; 2016-08-04 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    I can't check the videos right now, but how did you feel about the zone order you chose?
    In my opinion it doesn't matter which zone you choose, i would personally start with Stormheim if you're good geared and not 100% sure of where every quest is (you can easily get ahead of the pack in the scenario). Highmountain is also good to get ahead because ppl unfamilliar with the zone will spend more time travelling than you.

If you have a group of ppl you will do a few dungeons with along the way (i.e. when you get the quest for the dungeon), Aszuna is a good way to start, since the dungeon gives the most relative xp/time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Are people seriously getting to 110 within 10 hours by "normal" leveling

Such a waste
    It was way faster to level in WoD at launch then Legion will be. If you are well prepared ppl will always level quickly. Average ppl who have no idea about the quests, are not mythic raiding geared, dont use flasks/prepots etc will spend anywhere from 14-22 hours.

in the past you could save at most a couple hours of leveling time by piling up a bunch of quests to turn in; maybe more in Legion because of bonus areas and the larger (removed?) cap on quests

ultimately though, who really cares? I'd much rather be playing the new stuff than spending XYZ amount of time on release night running around doing turn-ins.

Im on the beta as well. Quests that once gave 15k XP, now only give 3k. Dailies and bonus objectives have been nerfed.

Deleted
    Do heirlooms with bonus Exp traits have an effect on Broken Isles?

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post

It was way faster to level in WoD at launch then Legion will be. If you are well prepared ppl will always level quickly. Average ppl who have no idea about the quests, are not mythic raiding geared, dont use flasks/prepots etc will spend anywhere from 14-22 hours.
    It can be done in under 7hours, without picking up precompleted quests, no tricks just leveling. People would be surprised how important the order is that you do quests in.

As for the questions earlier, was it ever worth picking up quests and completing them before the expansion hit? Yes, this is coming from someone who would have had wotlk and cata realm first if he could log the fk in (did get first pala in cata, guess its something) and got realm first in mop and wod (yes no feat in wod). Altho I question if it is now, even tho I did consider doing what was shown in this video having done most of this on my main already it isn't really viable for me. This is defo worth on a fresh 100 if you got flying unlocked tho.

Obviously I can't judge considering I don't know what quests you did, but with the right order of daily quests, hearthstone setups I got 60% done within 5minutes. From cata to MoP I don't remember but it was significant.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2016-08-04 at 01:26 PM.