Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    buying carries has existed since vanilla. it is not a new concept.
    It's never been as rampant as it is lately though.

On a side note, I do wonder whatever happened to auction runs (there was another term for them, but I can't recall it right now). Basically, you'd form a ML pug, and anything that dropped went up for auction right then and there. Highest bidder would win said item. Rinse, repeat, and at the end of the instance, the pot collected would be split among all involved players.

There is a solution. Well, a personal solution anyway. Just don't buy. It works for me, but probably not for everyone. Am I bothered if I don't get the gear that will be obsolete in a few weeks? Not a bit. Do I worry about the titles or mounts that I likely won't ever use or ride? Nah, I've got plenty of those already. So that just leaves the achievements, and I'm not paying 20k gold just for an achievement. As I said, it works for me, but probably won't fly with others.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to my calculations, this is the 34537th thing that destroyed this game. Looks really scary.

There's many, many pugs throughout the day and frankly, if your buying a boost your bringing it upon yourself, I have a full time job, a 5 year old child... I manage to raid mythic... few hours, 3 days a week and we did quite well tbh. People just love moaning about things, and half the time it's their own fault there's a problem in the first place.

I hate to say it to you, but Nothing is "killing the game" it actually seems to me like it's heading in the best direction it has in the last 5 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    There is a solution. Well, a personal solution anyway. Just don't buy. It works for me, but probably not for everyone. Am I bothered if I don't get the gear that will be obsolete in a few weeks? Not a bit. Do I worry about the titles or mounts that I likely won't ever use or ride? Nah, I've got plenty of those already. So that just leaves the achievements, and I'm not paying 20k gold just for an achievement. As I said, it works for me, but probably won't fly with others.
    Pretty much this.
    That is just what the community have turned into. Sellers , buyers, haters and players.
    As long as people want to buy the services they will exist. I got nothing against people selling boosts or similar for ingame currency- the moral issue pops up when I see advertising for real money.
    But.. If people want to pay.. There must be quiet a few since it is being spammed. If the sellers didn't earn a good amount of money from it they would probably not do it.

carrys shouldn't bother anyone, because those that get carried cant/wont raid it for themselves and would not be playing with you anyway, and those that carry already cleared the content without playing with you, so there is nothing to be mad over

I pugged whole HFC HC, mythic dungeons and CM Gold several times.
    Didn't pay single penny for that.
    Achieving something just by yourself is the best feeling for me in this game.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2016-08-04 at 06:16 AM.

Welcome to vanilla WoW, selling runs through raids was best way to make money for guild and pay of all the consumables without anyone having to farm kek.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifetapper View Post
    The problem is, some people are selling these, for real money, and want you to go to some shady website. And these are crowding the Group finder more and more. Chances are, you'll just lose your money if you even try that. Seems all the gold sellers moved on to this new scheme. THESE are the ones I want to see gone.
    Blizzard's gonna need to intervene in that case and I'm surprised this is the first time I've seen this mentioned in this thread.

People have bitched about the Microtransactions introduced to WoW from day one but if it keeps people from throwing money at the third party sites, it's well within Blizzard's right to do so. Gold Selling and Power Leveling websites were the two biggest problems in WoW to Blizzard for years. Problems they worked hard to keep from "the general public" (aka those of us who don't browse the WiW Forums or use MMO-C, etc.). WoW Tokens and Boost to 90/100 changed the game. Both were the most popular services people mostly outside the U.S. went to third-party sites for. The most glaring problem with the latter is how it works: You give someone your login info with no collateral in return and pray they don't decided to change the password and lock you out of your account. LOL. To top it off, early on much of the Gold being sold by third-party websites came from stolen accounts so...yeah.

Now that Blizzard sells Gold and Level Boosts at reasonable prices ($60 for boost and $20 for a WoW Token), they can now legally go after third party websites that long used the excuse "Blizzard doesn't offer this" and go after them hard. The number of stolen accounts in North America and Europe have plummeted since WoW Tokens and Boost to 90/100 were introduced. Or rather, you don't hear about it as much anymore. If that's not progress, I don't know what is. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Gold in this game is for me very weird thing/. You can supply youtself without problem if you choose right professions like enchanting or alchemy. Usually i don't have more than 2-3 k gold and I'm able to buy eveyrthing i need to raid, pvp etc. srlsy. Selling runs are unhealthy, but its like prostitution, it will exist as long as someone will want to buy it . Selling runs destoryed for me any prestige CM's had. Look at Legion's system its very antiboosting, so Blizz kinda see boosting as problem.

Quote Originally Posted by leml30 View Post
    Over the course of MoP and WoD all of the LFG and LFM in trade chat was slowly replaced with carry selling.

Well mostly because that is trade chat. During MoP there was Oqueue. People mostly used that when LFM or forming raids. Now in WoD we have the Pre-Made finder. People use that when LFM now.

Granted there are still "some" who use trade chat when LFM, but honestly .. Why even bother doing that when you can just pop up the Pre Made finder and just get someone there connected to all the realms. Instead of just going to trade which will yield smaller results.

Game is still the same. It just has different paths.

Deleted
    Problem is with limited time rewards and awful reward structure. Removing rewards is just stupid - let people do it later when they want, hardcore raiders will always have newer rewards to showoff.

Moose is nothing special. Why remove it? Doesn't make any sense.

Another problem is bad design of CMs. They have been terribly designed from start as content you do once and never bother with again. Timed runs discourage people from trying to figure out what to do - its just rush rush and more rush. Vast majority of players couldn't care less about CMs, they just get their rewards once and forget about that pile of stinking crap. Thus players who want to do CMs cannot find enough players to do CMs with or have motivation to try. Because of that its much easier to just buy boost before mount/gear is removed.

Deleted
    It has destroyed PVP. Not so much impact on PvE though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Sorry all I heard was throb throb ooze ooze puss.

On a serious note why I use such harsh visuals is because I only logged back into wow to get the Challenge mode gear before the expansion. That was 4 months ago. Open raid, Group Finder and every guild in Mal'Ganis did nothing but demand gold for a carry and even several guilds I was a high level high dps in also demanded gold for pugs to participate in. If not for garrisons I would not have had the gold to get started. This hardcore community is the reason there is no growth in the subscriber count anymore and the numbers will continue to drop like a turd from heaven.

So go on a bitch that nothing is wrong. Pretty soon Wow will be on a skeleton crew autopilot just like Diablo 3 and you are just too stupid to realize artifact power is paragon power 2.0. Enjoy the top 2% That's gonna mean alot when there are only 10 players left.
    I managed to get a group just fine without having to pay anything at all.
    If you'd actually try apart from just looking at open-raid and the group finder, you would have found a group too.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Problem is with limited time rewards and awful reward structure. Removing rewards is just stupid - let people do it later when they want, hardcore raiders will always have newer rewards to showoff.

Moose is nothing special. Why remove it? Doesn't make any sense.

Another problem is bad design of CMs. They have been terribly designed from start as content you do once and never bother with again. Timed runs discourage people from trying to figure out what to do - its just rush rush and more rush. Vast majority of players couldn't care less about CMs, they just get their rewards once and forget about that pile of stinking crap. Thus players who want to do CMs cannot find enough players to do CMs with or have motivation to try. Because of that its much easier to just buy boost before mount/gear is removed.
    If the moose is nothing special, then why do you even care that it's getting removed?

You've had plenty of time to get both the moose and the CM weapons, to then complain that it's getting removed is just silly.
    Do you complain about stuff that's sold as limited edition and then years later the only way for you to get them is to buy them at overprice on ebay?

It's more or less the exact same thing, with the difference that you wont be able to get the moose or the CM gear.
    And that the "limited edition" things in WoW had an unlimited supply, but you never got it.

Only you know why, but to blame people that sell runs for gold is quite silly, specially when I never had any problems getting a group for CMs myself.
    Last edited by Dominus89; 2016-08-04 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I was in several guilds over the past few months. Specced Frost at first, hated the spec did it anyway, Got into a guild that regularly farmed all of HFC keeping all of the rolls to their players and loot council kept tier at a 10 foot reach, on frequent occasions they would make special exceptions for real life friends, ALSO their free RIGHT to do so. All I got was what bonus rolls gave me. Each of my guilds and pugs also offered to have me pay for loot... After that I left to find a better guild and better people and I found a smaller friendlier one. I still depended on pugs and bonus rolls all the way to a 730+ Arcane mage with 300k+ Bust and now all I see is 740+ ilvls demanding gold for carry.

Face it you and your pathetic argument is flacid.

"Oh try harder noob,"
    "I can do it you can too,"
    "It will be worth it if you can just be like me"

This is a Massively Multiplayer Online game. Total Capitalism or Communism only works if the people can't leave. Wow players can, and have ... in millions. You can't play a game no one LET's you play.
    so what you're saying is that you went into the wrong guilds? how is that boosting's fault?

and again: you cant be so arrogant to think that the ONLY reason people leave is boosters, it's not even in the top 10 list dude

To be fair, you can get another moose in Legion. And removing the moose from archi makes it something special for people who got it (can still get it). Doesn't hurt to have a little prestige here and there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Welcome to vanilla WoW, selling runs through raids was best way to make money for guild and pay of all the consumables without anyone having to farm kek.
    It didn't happen or was very rare.
    People got on with playing the game back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    It didn't happen or was very rare.
    People got on with playing the game back then.
    Happened all the time back then. Heck was easier back then with 40
    Man raids. Didn't even need to be competent players just needed the bodies

Deleted
    Never saw it.
    People formed and joined guilds easily enough back then and if there weren't enough players then they would group with another small guild to raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after what happened last night I'm grateful that people are willing to do paid runs. I finally had a group for H Arch for the moose mount, FINALLY. We wipe 2 times. First time we wipe was because one of the tanks left in the middle of the fight, second time was because the mechanics came at an unfortunate time, third time....the servers go down. Right as we pull too. From what I hear I guess Bnet was hacked by a bunch of fat fuck neckbeards.

The Grove Warden mount is literally the ONLY thing I really want in the game right now and I have been desperately saving up money to buy a run. I finally get a group with the help of a friend and that shit happens. Not only that but looking for a group is almost impossible if you're not at least 700 ilvl. People want you to be like 720 ilvl just to run it which makes no fucking sense because the only way to get that high is if you run heroic raids which I can't because my ilvl isn't high enough. Can't run mythic dungeons either because of the same reason. So how exactly am I supposed to raise my ilvl if I can't run the raids and dungeons that help me accomplish that? Then you wonder why people just want to buy a run.

What destroyed this game was people making up fake rules. The game will tell you that you're ready to queue up for mythic dungeons and heroic raids but people won't let you in a group because you're ilvl is not high enough. How the fuck does that make any sense? And how is that even fair for people who want to improve their character? People will bitch about bad performing players but it's those same people preventing those "bad" players from improving.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-08-04 at 04:26 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe