Deleted

Best bodyguard for shamans

I have seen discussions on this topic on other classes forums but not in the shaman one yet - so, which followers are good for assigning as bodyguards (either as permanent or for the ability) at your mission table?

WOD?

If you are alliance the Prot paladin girl for sure, does decent damage and tanks really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    WOD?

If you are alliance the Prot paladin girl for sure, does decent damage and tanks really good.
    Sorry, I should be more specific - I meant for Legion

Pretty sure he's talking about the Champions in Legion, which can also help you out in the broken isles.
    If I remember correctly: The only 2 bodyguards that are able to run around with you are Mylra and Rehgar. Nobundo and Hydraxis have abilities, that you can press and they appear for a minute or so and helping you out.

If you want "permanent" support, I'd take mylra or rehgar.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Personally, I'm planning to run with Rehgar. Not because he's the best (I have no idea if he is), but because it's Rehgar! He and my orc shaman are gonna bro it out!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Mylra is one crazy dwarf chick, should be fun to hang up with

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Personally, I'm planning to run with Rehgar. Not because he's the best (I have no idea if he is), but because it's Rehgar! He and my orc shaman are gonna bro it out!
    Not even an Orc and I am taking Rehgar.

Spoilers:

Just like in that Quest where you get to fight all those NPC's in Pandaria for getting the elemental artifact weapon. God, that Quest was so much fun on beta.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Not even an Orc and I am taking Rehgar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Mylra is one crazy dwarf chick, should be fun to hang up with
    If Blizzard manages to balance them well and it boils down to personal preference, that wound be awesome (and I would totally go with Mylra, just saying). But in WoD, there were big differences between individual bodyguards, is that true in Legion as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    If Blizzard manages to balance them well and it boils down to personal preference, that wound be awesome (and I would totally go with Mylra, just saying). But in WoD, there were big differences between individual bodyguards, is that true in Legion as well?
    I am almost 100% one will be "BiS". There is only a few too, if we could get an actual list with "traits" we may be able to tell if there is a "BiS" Follower.

Edit: After looking, I could be wrong, I have done very little research, it seems like it all depends on if you want a Caster or Melee NPC for Shaman. The rest really seems to be dependent on its gear (I think) and if you need it to be doing a Mission to assist with a counter of some kind.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-08-04 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am almost 100% one will be "BiS". There is only a few too, if we could get an actual list with "traits" we may be able to tell if there is a "BiS" Follower.

Edit: After looking, I could be wrong, I have done very little research, it seems like it all depends on if you want a Caster or Melee NPC for Shaman. The rest really seems to be dependent on its gear (I think) and if you need it to be doing a Mission to assist with a counter of some kind.
    Thats the thing with Champions. You only have a few of those and they're pretty important for the mission table, because they have the main-counters to most threats. So you have to make a choice: Do you want one to accompany you and help you out, or do you want higher success rates on the table? They're different in that regard to garrison followers.
    As far as balancing goes: They're pretty equal, depending on level and gear they have. Mylra is more ranged focussed, while rehgar goes into melee.

*tips m'fedora*

I read Rehgar gives you a buff to run in mount speed in wolf form?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    His champion page on Wowhead doesn't mention this at all.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

His champion page on Wowhead doesn't mention this at all.
    seems it is not written in the tooltip

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Reportedly Rehgar not only helps you in combat but also buffs your Ghost Wolf form so that it runs at 100% mount speed, though this is not written on his tooltip.
    I wonder if Myrla and by extension the other bodyguards also have an additional passive effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Depends on whether the follower ability stays this way.

Currently it works indoors and actually grants you 130% MS, you're fasting than a Pally on an epic mount.
    but I guess there is always a chance they remove/nerf it. I guess druids are not very happy they do not have something like that...
    At least it doesn't work in dungeons or raids so it is just some bonus for outdoor questing.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2016-08-04 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    He does but only while not in combat. It actually feels faster to me than mount does, the buffs are separate and it almost feels like Rehgar increases your speed in ghost wolf to 100% and then ghost wolf still gives the extra 30%. It's probably placebo since I don't feel like running in a straight line on mount and ghost wolf between 2 spots and timing it to see if it's faster or not but it feels faster.

Edit: I just ran the path from the bridge next to Irongrove Retreat, to the bridge North of Shal'aran/Meredil in Suramar since it's a fairly straight path with no mobs in the way, it took 27s in Ghost Wolf form and 30s on my Water Strider with Rehgar as a follower.

I also did it between Temple of Elune and Lorlathil in Val'sharah and it took 36s in Ghost Wolf and 40s on Strider, so I guess you actually do run faster in Ghost Wolf than on mount.

Should also clarify that is with 0 items with "Speed" stat on them since that can play a small factor in to Ghost Wolf speed, and this was done in Elemental spec so I didn't have the Graceful Spirit talent from Restoration that increases Ghost Wolf speed to 40%.
    Last edited by Lundarch; 2016-08-04 at 11:50 AM.

They don't get actual gear that boost their stats, the gear you put on them deals with missions like the WoD follower traits. + mission success chances, +gold on when doing world missions when assigned as your combat ally. For Example...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=139795/draught-of-courage (Grants X gold when completing world quest as a combat ally)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140581/sturdy-hiking-boots (Increases success chance on missions longer than 8 hours by 20%)

With how missions work now, its easier to get them to 100%, when you get them past 100% say at 130% you then have a 30% chance to get the bonus which it tells you which is usally and ArtPow item.

Mylra is one of the first followers you get and shes an Elemental Shaman

Rehgar is one of the last followers you get and hes an Enhancement Shaman

Rehgar will most likely be the BiS one because hes melee and doesn't have a cast time