Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long is the starting zone?

I believe this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it so I apologize.

Roughly how many hours is the starting zone?

Between 60 to 90 minutes. Depends on if you read the quest text and watch the mini ingame cinematics.

Rushing through it on a recent pass took 40 minutes to compete with rushing through it. Day 1 of live will probably be a bit longer.

Why does it matter? Unless you're hoping it's not too quick. To many people are wanting to burn through everything and then turn around and complain about having nothing to do. Take your time, read the quests, watch the mini cinematics, etc. It helps put a little bit more of the RPG element into the game when you witness the story, learn the story and actually invest a bit of time into it. Even on beta with no cinematics it's not going to take too long to hit max level, don't feel a need to rush there ASAP. Take the first week to get there, shouldn't take much longer, then its build up the reps and gear for whatever you do for endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Between 60 to 90 minutes. Depends on if you read the quest text and watch the mini ingame cinematics.
    You mean an entire day when everyone plays one on the launch day and cause even more server issues

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Why does it matter? Unless you're hoping it's not too quick. To many people are wanting to burn through everything and then turn around and complain about having nothing to do. Take your time, read the quests, watch the mini cinematics, etc. It helps put a little bit more of the RPG element into the game when you witness the story, learn the story and actually invest a bit of time into it. Even on beta with no cinematics it's not going to take too long to hit max level, don't feel a need to rush there ASAP. Take the first week to get there, shouldn't take much longer, then its build up the reps and gear for whatever you do for endgame.
    I'm not trying to rush, it's just for me I work from 9 to 5 so I usually play for 3-4 hours a day on weekdays after running errands. I fully intend to play at a regular pace, I was just wondering what the playtime was if you play through the zone watching all the cinematics, reading quest dialogue, ect.

Deleted
    Good for me to know as well. Mainly because I intend to raid that same night but finish at 5.... Only two hours!

Hauling ass, I have completed it in less than 45 minutes. Take your time. There are many rare enemies throughout Mardum which will give you some good gear, better than the quest gear. You may even get some items upgraded to epic quality. You will also find hidden small chests(they are black with a purple glow) that contain useful items. Plus, the quest line is great if you enjoy lore and such. When you get the quest that gives you a choice to sacrifice an NPC or sacrifice yourself, choose to sacrifice yourself. Illidan will speak to you while you run back to your body.

everyone pray for a phased starting zone, but yep, like someone said before its around 1h - 1h30m depending on your pace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisha View Post
    everyone pray for a phased starting zone, but yep, like someone said before its around 1h - 1h30m depending on your pace
    Blizzard has said that their Legion zones will spin off new instances depending on number of people there. It was in reference to their main questing zones (Azuna, Suramar, Highmountain, etc) but hopefully it applies to demon hunter areas, as well.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    If you would have read the thread and the section it's in you could have used that time to do something else than whine about whiners

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    You mean an entire day when everyone plays one on the launch day and cause even more server issues
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Blizzard has said that their Legion zones will spin off new instances depending on number of people there. It was in reference to their main questing zones (Azuna, Suramar, Highmountain, etc) but hopefully it applies to demon hunter areas, as well.
    What Shanthi said is true.

I would note most of the player base doesn't read anything Blizzard says besides patch notes. So they are not going to know about the phasing, they will see people and go, "I will come back later" Plus most people are going to do Demon Invasions with their main.

These type of responses always baffle me tbh lol. the fuck do you care

Doing it at a decent pace took me a little over an hour. There are 4 rare mobs in the first area that drop a trinket, ring, cloak and bracers, and then in the second area there are 2 rare mobs that drop a trinket and necklace. So i'm gonna spend a little extra time killing those. Since they drop 680 and you don't get quest upgrades for those slots

Even if you read every quest and explore every nook and cranny of the DH starting zone it shouldn't take much more than 2 hours. Probably even less. There isn't much to do other than the quests really.

There's a spoiler for a follower you might want to know, cause it affects what you get.

If you choose Kayn Sunfury(BE) you get Shade of Akama later. If you choose Altruis the Sufferer(NE) you get regular Akama as a follower

50ish mins depending on if u wish to follow story / quest lines

Like every other starting zone.

Have they fixed the quest where you're running around clicking the prison cells? It was super buggy the 3-4 times I did it on beta. I think if anything, that quest alone will make the starting zone take a long time to complete. Hopefully they've also fixed the issue of not being able to change to havoc spec when selecting vengeance in the starting zone (i.e. the reason I did the starting zone 3-4 times)...

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Have they fixed the quest where you're running around clicking the prison cells? It was super buggy the 3-4 times I did it on beta. I think if anything, that quest alone will make the starting zone take a long time to complete. Hopefully they've also fixed the issue of not being able to change to havoc spec when selecting vengeance in the starting zone (i.e. the reason I did the starting zone 3-4 times)...
    I did the jail breaking last week (again). Some times the animation wasn't right, but it was clickable. The prison cell would return to normal and then crumble again. Now the minimap shows you which cells are up to click.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Even if you read every quest and explore every nook and cranny of the DH starting zone it shouldn't take much more than 2 hours. Probably even less. There isn't much to do other than the quests really.
    I know, but from the way people are writing and posting questions about how long it takes they are wanting to be quicker about it. Why not take the 1-2 hours to take it all in, heaven forbid it takes you that long and you can't hit max level 1 hour quicker. Too many people zerg through it all and then say the questing sucks, etc. Or the story sucks when they don't even follow it, they simply click the quest, follow the markers and what needs to be done without knowing or wondering why it has to be done. Some story lines are bland but Legion actually has some very good ones, some funny ones and some sad ones. Yet most will just click and fill the quest bar or what's needed without knowing what's going on and then be the same people to complain about either having nothing to do or that the story/leveling process sucked....