Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    They did say that. They said it in no less than 3 paragraphs. The problem is that the player base simply will not accept their reasons for saying "we don't want it like this anymore".
    Thats our right. In most companies that want to have a decent relationship with their customers they normally feel an obligation to clarify by communication. Blizzard's stance is to hide and see if the problem goes away.

The point is, the reasons they gave are poor and don't stand up to even the mildest criticism.

I'm basically thinking that anyone that supports Blizz on this is -
    a) Mindless sychophant that accepts and supports anything Lord Blizz throws at them
    b) Trolling for lols
    c) Genuinely stupid

Because I simply cannot see how anyone in their right mind can be so accepting of something so blatantly terrible. It takes all kinds though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I'd rather have the original max zoom, but saying "This change clearly wasn't thought through because it makes tanking/raid leading/raiding harder," doesn't make a lot of sense if that extra difficulty is what the devs want. That's all. There's really no "correct level of difficulty." The designers have to decide what difficulty they're aiming for. Watcher essentially said that being able to see the entire battlefield makes raiding easier than they prefer.
    I hate this reasoning, like of course the game is gonna get real hard if I can barely see anything. Maybe for next expansion we should just play around audio ques or maybe the happy medium is fighting the foot of sargeras, this isn't a first person game I just want a general view of things and I feel like I barely get that.

Seeing that kind of explanation and have people actually defend and justify it makes me feel ill. You want a hard more engaging video game you make intelligent engaging mechanics that challenge people in interesting ways, you don't blind them.

Whoever plays with that max distance is out of their mind.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have the original max zoom, but saying "This change clearly wasn't thought through because it makes tanking/raid leading/raiding harder," doesn't make a lot of sense if that extra difficulty is what the devs want.
    Okay let's be clear about something, this had nothing to do with balancing difficulty, adding immersion, design intent, etc. It was a simple case of devs on a pruning spree removing an option that they thought not many people used (as apparently most of them don't), then when it turned out they had misjudged the situation and it was actually used by tens of thousands of people if they quickly fired out a blue post full of nonsense excuses to address the situation and put everything to bed. Then it turned out they had really misjudged it and it was even bigger than they thought so in typical Blizzard fashion they dug their heels in and refused to admit/fix their mistake.

Watcher essentially said that being able to see the entire battlefield makes raiding easier than they prefer.
    The problem is, it's been this way for THIRTEEN YEARS, making such a massive game change for zero benefit was bound to annoy people (and as said, he was just making excuses anyway). His asinine post in response to the situation just made things worse because at best he's making things up to try and appease people and at worst he is designing the game purely the way he wants to play it and ignoring the player base.

Blizz had it the "old way" for 13+ ish year, players were used to it.
    blizz changes it for their own reasons
    Players do not like it and are very vocal about it, blizz offers an explanation that is more or less along the lines of "It is our game this is the way we want it" players get pissed.

Many forum threads ensue.
    Turn turn turn....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Curious, which platforms are you going by? It's gotten about 46k download so far. While not a lot by any means, still a good chunk.
    I see about 24k from Curse and 500 from WoWI. Which other sources do people use to download addons these days?

For the record I hate this change and desperately want back the camera zoom I've been using for over a decade.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    I see about 24k from Curse and 500 from WoWI. Which other sources do people use to download addons these days?

For the record I hate this change and desperately want back the camera zoom I've been using for over a decade.

And 24k+ from homepage in wowace.
    As I might have been going on the course and seeing the number of downloads to miss the home page and go in there, that would see the number of downloads - I do not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorishe View Post
    And 24k+ from homepage in wowace.
    As I might have been going on the course and seeing the number of downloads to miss the home page and go in there, that would see the number of downloads - I do not understand.
    Wowace and Curse are the same thing. You are double counting.

Deleted
    Curious, which platforms are you going by? It's gotten about 46k download so far. While not a lot by any means, still a good chunk.
    Curse.com

24646 atm

For sure it's a good chunk, but it would be counter productive to try and use this number as an argument for blizzard to revert the cam distance change. If anything, it's kind of a proof that not so many people have a problem with the new zoom.

20k, 40k, even 100k is not enough. Its nowhere near the rage over the no fly thing that blizzard took more than a year to reconsider. Judging by that, blizzard is not going to revert this change any time soon
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2016-08-04 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Why would you even use this? You know Blizzard is going to break this addon as soon as possible, because it doesn't fit in their vision of the game. You can stay stuck in the past or get used to how the camera distance is going to be in Legion raids all the quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlink7 View Post
    Why would you even use this? You know Blizzard is going to break this addon as soon as possible, because it doesn't fit in their vision of the game. You can stay stuck in the past or get used to how the camera distance is going to be in Legion raids all the quicker.
    Or people can quit over it, many are.

Deleted
    I am sure, that Blizz knew before start selling Legion, that they will change the cameradistance. And you know what ? I wouldn't have bought it if i knew it before.

They did say that. They said it in no less than 3 paragraphs. The problem is that the player base simply will not accept their reasons for saying "we don't want it like this anymore".
    It was there added reason that pissed me off.

All they had to say is "We don't want it" but no they said "We don't want it because X,Y,Z" and X,Y,Z made no fucken sense because of how long its been there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

http://imgur.com/a/dcJhQ

The last 2 pictures are with the old camera distance. The imgur user did not tilt the camera further up with the new camera distance.
    Oh gosh, don't remind me that quest. It was fun seeing half a blue dragon on my Blood Elf Paladin (haven't used addons in beta)
    Just a tip if you want immersion and be able to see the whole dragon without problems: zoom in and tilt your camera upwards. You'll also see him from the (apparently) intended POV. Can't really do that effectively in combat though

Quote Originally Posted by Atoll View Post
    I am sure, that Blizz knew before start selling Legion, that they will change the cameradistance. And you know what ? I wouldn't have bought it if i knew it before.
    This is why you never prepurchase unless there's a solid perk to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    why do you even still play this game if you hate everyone?
    wait... hating addons = hating everyone? dont get me wrong. i rather hate the vast majority of the people that say something stupid like bro, yolo, or whatever the cool thing to say is for that month every third word, but having an aversion towards addons doesnt mean i hate everyone.

I really cannot fathom what's going on. I have not seen so much negetive feedback over such an extended period of time about a change since the removal of flying in WoD.

For Blizzard to stubbornly hold their ground, providing little to no reasoning, with such overwhelming feedback to the contrary, means they must feel this change is a huge deal. But if its such a huge deal, why did it take 12 years to remove? Other addons that Blizzard has deemed too "advantageous" like AVR were removed within weeks. What's the deal with this? Why did it take 12 years? To significantly effect this many players game experience, should have strong reasoning and if the reasoning is truly strong, wouldn't it have have been removed years ago, not 12 years later? Perhaps it isn't such a big deal after all. Perhaps this decision was made with haste, late into the beta. Perhaps this is something that needs to be reconsidered. Come on now. Why is the reasoning behind the change so minimal, yet the resistance to player feedback so huge? If its such a big deal, why did it take 12 years? Why let people adjust to this? 12 years of experiencing the game from a certain zoom level isn't just going to go away. These are questions that deserve answers and blizzard has fallen stubbornly silent. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

It truly feels to me like there's some reason we're not being made aware of that this change was made, b/c currently the reasoning just does not justify the negative effect it's had on some very loyal players, and the feedback they've given to the contrary. And the fact that this change was made extremely late into the beta, 12 years after allowing it, just adds to the fact that this change was not thought through. If the zoom level was such a problem, it should have been fixed 12 years ago, hell 6 years ago. But it clearly wasn't. Why now? Makes no sense.

I've played this game for 12 years. Unlike many, I've never even thought about unsubbing. This change, and imo the irresponsibility of the designers regarding this change, how they approached it, how little it was tested in beta, how out of touch they seem to be with how it effects some people, and how long they allowed it before removing has sincerely made me think that perhaps its time for me to move on. It's very hard. I have a lot invested in this game. When I played the other day with the new MaxCam addon and zoomed out fully, it felt as if pressure had literally been let out of my brain. There was this overwelming PHYSICAL sense of relief. This wasn't just me feeling happy to see more, this was that little voice that I've built up over 12 years of playing that finally stopped screaming "ZOOM OUT ZOOM OUT ZOOM OUT! UR NOT ZOOMED ALL THE WAY. ZOOM OUT ZOOM OUT ZOOM OUT". Then, silence. I dread the day the addon is hotfixed. It perhaps may be my last.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-08-04 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I really cannot fathom what's going on. I have not seen so much negetive feedback over such an extended period of time about a change since the removal of flying in WoD.

For Blizzard to stubbornly hold their ground, providing little to no reasoning, with such overwhelming feedback to the contrary, means they must feel this change is a huge deal. But if its such a huge deal, why did it take 12 years to remove? Other addons that Blizzard has deemed too "advantageous" like AVR were removed within weeks. What's the deal with this? Why did it take 12 years. Perhaps it isn't such a big deal after all. Perhaps this decision was made with haste, late into the beta. Perhaps this is something that needs to be reconsidered? Come on now. Why is the reasoning behind the change so minimal, yet the resistance to player feedback so huge? This just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Or they have something planned in the future that may require the camera distance to be lowered and don't want to "spill the beans".

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Or they have something planned in the future that may require the camera distance to be lowered and don't want to "spill the beans".
    If that's true they could state that without giving anything away.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-08-04 at 05:23 PM. Reason: typo

Only thing that makes any sense to me is a console port.
    The new max distance is the same as console RPGs.

If it's not that then the developers are just being spiteful assholes keeping this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Only thing that makes any sense to me is a console port.
    The new max distance is the same as console RPGs.

If it's not that then the developers are just being spiteful assholes.
    Wow I didn't even think of that. Totally makes sense. That would actually alleviate some of my concerns, as it's actually a decent reason compared to the rubbish we've been told for a change that really dramatically changes the way many of us perceive every aspect of the game, 12 years after being totally ok with it.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-08-04 at 06:08 PM.