Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I had a small knife taken from me cause it was double sided. I honestly don't even get the rules regarding knives. They should be small yeah, but the knives found in my kitchen scare the fuck out of me when I think about an attacker wielding them.
    Why would you carry around a knife with you to begin with?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Why would you carry around a knife with you to begin with?
    cause I was a soldier in Kuwait coming home from Iraq.

Any more questions? Or did I dodge your bait where you were planning to accuse me of having an irrational fear?

cause I was a soldier in Kuwait coming home from Iraq.

Any more questions?
    And that makes you something special somehow? I still don't get it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

And that makes you something special somehow? I still don't get it.
    Did I say I was special? You asked me a question. I answered it. I had a knife. It was perfectly fine to have until I went through customs in Kuwait. It's an anecdote.

Why are you dwelling on it and making dumb assumptions?

If I told you I had a pair of red sneakers would you ask me why I have them? And claim that i am trying to be special?

What am I doing? I don't read your posts. You said so yourself. I am sure I am breaking the laws of physics or something.

Did I say I was special? You asked me a question. I answered it. I had a knife. It was perfectly fine to have until I went through customs in Kuwait. It's an anecdote.

Why are you dwelling on it and making dumb assumptions?

If I told you I had a pair of red sneakers would you ask me why I have them? And claim that i am trying to be special?

What am I doing? I don't read your posts. You said so yourself. I am sure I am breaking the laws of physics or something.
    Why are you even telling the anecdote? I ask you why you're carrying a knife and you say because you were a soldier in Iraq. How is that even a proper argument to carry around a knife, let alone expect to get through customs prior to entering an airplane with it? The way you tell it, you sound like you expect to get to keep the knife:

I had a small knife taken from me cause it was double sided. I honestly don't even get the rules regarding knives.
    How disconnected from reality are you to think you should be allowed to carry a knife anywhere outside a warzone as a soldier? I'm dwelling on it because you're basing your arguments on bullshit like that and don't tell the whole story. You just started with how a knife was taken away from you. Wow, what an outrage! The rules must be so confusing!

And then when I press you on it, it turns out the knife was taken from you because you attempted to sneak it through a customs check prior to entering an AIRPLANE. What could possibly go wrong with people with knives in an airplane!? The rules are so confusing! How outrageous... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the guy that did this has been identified as Norweigan national of Somali descent, so there goes the 'British nationalist' line of thinking.

The police are working on a mental health issue rather than anything else at the moment it seems and have said the victims appear to have been chosen totally at random.

source: from the BBC
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Why are you even telling the anecdote? I ask you why you're carrying a knife and you say because you were a soldier in Iraq. How is that even a proper argument to carry around a knife, let alone expect to get through customs prior to entering an airplane with
    Cause I had

1 Bayonet (A much larger knife)
    1 M4 Carbine (A Rifle)
    1 and we were encouraged to have knives and seatbelt cutters on our person while in Iraq. The knife I had was designed to quickly cut seatbelts. It was also only 2 inches long, where the bayonet was 6 inches and much wider.

Also, On military flights we keep our weapons on us. It is a chartered flight from the U.S. Army and only soldiers and the air crew are on board.

Also (and this is big) The plane I was getting checked for was an air force C-13. Not a civilian plane.

The way you tell it, you sound like you expect to get to keep the knife:
    I did. Considering they allowed me to fly from America into iraq with it, I also expected to be able to fly back with it. Why would it be legal going out but illegal going back?

How disconnected from reality are you to think you should be allowed to carry a knife anywhere outside a warzone as a soldier?
    Because of all of the above? Cause they issued us all our weapons when they charter a flight? Because I bought the knife from Wal-Mart and it was perfectly legal in America? Because they allowed me to fly From Tennessee, to Atlanta, to Kuwait, and to Iraq with no issue?

Explain to my why it would be unreasonable to expect to take it home with me?

I'm dwelling on it because you're basing your arguments on bullshit like that and don't tell the whole story. You just started with how a knife was taken away from you. Wow, what an outrage! The rules must be so confusing!
    See, first of all I wasn't even talking to you. But this is a public forum so it can't be helped.

Second: If I want to share an anecdote, I feel i am able to without your approval. If I want to talk about the time I almost got bit by a dog then I am gonna do it and fuck what you think.
    And then when I press you on it, it turns out the knife was taken from you because you attempted to sneak it through a customs check prior to entering an AIRPLANE. What could possibly go wrong with people with knives in an airplane!? The rules are so confusing! How outrageous... lol
    Again. A Military customs checkpoint to get on a C class aircraft. And I wasn't hiding the knife. if I wanted to I could have easily snuck it on. It was in my duffle bag which would be stored with the cargo.

Seeing as how you can take guns in the belly of a civilian plane, knives are okay as well, my knife was in my luggage, and it was approved on all flights both military and civilian on the way there, I don't get why you think it's absurd that I would expect to take it with me.

See what happens when you dwell on dumb shit and make assumptions? You look stupid afterward.

See what happens when you dwell on dumb shit and make assumptions? You look stupid afterward.
    Not really, since you have hid practically the entire context... from "a knife was taken from me" to "I'm a soldier on a military flight from a warzone region back home and despite commonly keeping weapons on all other military flights, this one specific flight had the knife taken from my duffle bag that I had no access to during the flight anyway"

I mean, it's an interesting and baffling anecdote now that you tell the whole story, but it really doesn't have a lot to do with the question of why civilians in a town should not have knives taken away from them. The situation is so vastly different that I again have to ask, why are you telling this anecdote? And this time, I'm asking because it literally has nothing to do with this topic. At all. Except a knife.

Guess what, I cut my bread this morning with a knife.. what a chore! This is just about as relevant as your story.

Guess what, I cut my bread this morning with a knife.. what a chore! This is just about as relevant as your story.
    Except i am smart enough to not dwell on that since that is not the point of your post. See how it works? I don't dwell on stupid shit and you are free to share whatever you want.

Actually, let me be you.

"Why did you have a knife?"
    "Do you think you are some kinda special or something?"
    "Let's discuss this ad nauseum cause this is what I choose to dwell on."
    "Why you leaving out the rest of the story bro?"

Edit: Don't actually answer that. I don't care and it doesn't matter. Just had to add this cause I think you are dumb enough to do it.

You can share whatever anecdote or illustrative example you want. Unlike you, I don't dwell on such things. I remain on the point.
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-08-04 at 11:52 AM.

There is no point in arguing with SJW they are not capable or thinking thats why they base everything on feelz

Big headlines in Norwegian nowspaper:
    "Stabber identiefied as Norwegian!!!!!!"
    Then you read it, and ofc, you see that he wasn't, he was Somali, written in extra small text, like it didn't matter.

This PC media bullshit is pissing me off to no limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    There is no point in arguing with SJW they are not capable or thinking thats why they base everything on feelz
    Oh look, a post with no content! I'm impressed. Let's see if you can fill two lines with nonsense now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Big headlines in Norwegian nowspaper:
    "Stabber identiefied as Norwegian!!!!!!"
    Then you read it, and ofc, you see that he wasn't, he was Somali, written in extra small text, like it didn't matter.

This PC media bullshit is pissing me off to no limit.
    Is this for real? Can i get a source?

Oh look, a post with no content! I'm impressed. Let's see if you can fill two lines with nonsense now!
    You and your Darj or whatever buddy have been doing nothing else ITT. Why I cant? Hypocrite much?

Is this for real? Can i get a source?
    http://www.vg.no/

See the header, they just changed the headline because comment section blew up.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't dwell on such things. I remain on the point.
    You posted an irrelevant anecdote out of context then complained when people asked for more information to try and make sense of it, which took like a whole page to get out of you and resulted in a wall of text.

That's not on the point, it's so far from the point it comes with a complimentary chocolate pretzel...

You can share whatever anecdote or illustrative example you want. Unlike you, I don't dwell on such things. I remain on the point.
    Yah, I've seen that! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    http://www.vg.no/

See the header, they just changed the headline because comment section blew up.
    19-year-old who was detained by police after he allegedly run amok with a knife in the British capital's police Norwegian citizen of Somali origin.
    lol. Hilarious man. Yeah I see it in huge ass letters and below is the above.

Also, LOL at the morons still harping on a non topic. I'm done with you folks. That line of conversation is over.

Those that think Knife attacks are somehow better then be attacked by a person with a gun dont know much about traumatic injuries. When a person uses a firearm in a unprovoked attack, there is a sense of detachment. A knife attack is very personal, up close and much more violent. The wounds can also be much more traumatic and harder to heal, both physically and mentally.

And to think you can easily defend against a knife attack shows how little people know about defense. I have been trained , and have practiced most of my life, in Defense and how to use a bladed weapon. It is nothing like the movies. You will get hurt, probably seriously, perhaps even fatally is the attacker has even a modest amount of skill with a blade.

A person can stab you and actually cause more damage in the same amount of time it takes to get shot. A serious knife wound can be much harder to treat then a gun shot wound. There are videos and pictures online that show the massive amount of traumatic injury a small blade can cause compared to small caliber bullet.
    I know first hand what damage a knife can do as I was stabbed a few times. It is no walk in the park and I didnt come away thinking "oh at least he didnt have a gun."
    What I am trying to say is, a knife wound is not less dangerous then a gun shot wound Both are horrendous. But a knife attacks affects you on a more deeper level because the attacker is often right up on you and you see their face clearly and the looks in their eyes. You feel every inch of that metal cutting into you.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

A person can stab you and actually cause more damage in the same amount of time it takes to get shot
    True. the argument though is the amount of people wounded with a gun vs a knife. If a stabber could move quickly and stab many in the same amount of time as a shooter, then knives would be more deadly hands down.

But guns still have that beat by volume of people able to be injured.