Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I don't boycott DC films, I just avoid them to avoid wasting my time and money.
    In all seriousness, I can admit that DC heroes are cool. However, the way the studio handles their films is god awful. You can be mad at how the studio does the movies and be a fan. Star Trek fans know the deal.

This mentality of mandatory loving all things DC is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And it -was- a good movie. I doubt you even went to see it yourself.
    It really wasn't. Neither was CA:CW, and that has a 90% rating on RT. Different people actually do like different things.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So. I just came out of the movie (I had a pre-seeing due to some corporate advantage, yay!).

Is the movie as bad as a 34% rating? No.
    Is the movie as good as Avengers? No.

I would give it a 7 out of 10.
    The movie was a good entertainment, what I expect from a Suicide Squad type of entertainment. Some light humor, some wtf surprise, and some dark moments.
    The acting was good. Main focus of the movie : Harley & Deadshot. The rest not so so much.

The CGI was crap in many aspects (the fire, the helicopter shots) all looked fake.
    The script has some issue. Too many characters to try to introduce..... Harley, Deadshot, Katana, Croc, Boomerang, El Diablo, Enchantress. There was no pre-movie like Marvel did to prepare the audience for them... So they put some scenes in order to tie everything in. It works, but creates some script issues as it cut movie time.

Is it worth watching? Yup.
    Is it worth comparing it to Avengers? Nope. Not even close.

Is it a flop? I don't think. Movie was not made perfect, but I hope WB starts to learn.

P.S. Before people go : LUL DC FANBOY. Nope. I am wayyyyyyyy more of a Marvel Fanboy. Every Marvel movie I hype myself... DC I'm always meh, will see what it is. I never clicked as much with their characters. None the less I can enjoy good entertainment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    All of these have (had) potential, but Hawk & Dove would, possibly, turn into an overly political movie with one being proven "right".
    Or, better yet, neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post

The CGI was crap in many aspects (the fire, the helicopter shots) all looked fake.
    The script has some issue. Too many characters to try to introduce..... Harley, Deadshot, Katana, Croc, Boomerang, El Diablo, Enchantress. There was no pre-movie like Marvel did to prepare the audience for them... So they put some scenes in order to tie everything in. It works, but creates some script issues as it cut movie time.

It boggles my mind how one studio can see another do something, see it succeed so huge to the point that now you wanna follow suit, but then you ignore the single most important part of the formula.

The Marvel cinematic universe didn't just get shit out. It was planned. They introduced us to individual heroes in good films. Then they said "Guess what? They exist in the same world."

Why is DC trying to force this universe thing? if they are gonna do it why not do it right? They are basically trying to shit out a cake without first gathering the proper ingredients.

That's twice now they did this. First with BvS and now this film it seems. They should have done a good superman, a rebooted batman, then wonderwoman, then toss out BvS and have it focus on what we want to see.

Never mind. Ya'll know what I am saying. Hollywood is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with or let rotten tomatoes choose my movies, I will go and see it.

I also didn't think BvS was bad, just poorly edited.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It doesn't matter what it is often called as by uneducated, especially imprecisely. What matters is what it actually is.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

We get it, you like DC. Not sure why you have to choose to like one brand at the expense of all others, but hey it's your life. To assume that some anti DC conspiracy is going on and the entire world is in on it is just stupid as shit.
    Now I'm not making any accusations because it is ridiculous to suggest a massive bias, but BvS, MoS and SS are not bad films that you'd judge as under 5, not by a long shot. How is it that crap like Ghostbusters, Sharknado and other shitty movies and romcoms get high grades and films that are actually pretty good don't?

Marvel's had way worse movies than those 3 and yet they weren't panned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    In all seriousness, the DC fans are making this worse in my eyes. I almost want to boycott all DC films out of spite.

We get it, you like DC. Not sure why you have to choose to like one brand at the expense of all others, but hey it's your life. To assume that some anti DC conspiracy is going on and the entire world is in on it is just stupid as shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet he couldn't locate his mom...

Just saying, the writing in that film was poor as shit.
    Never said it wasn't... It was poorly written.
    I was just answering to the "He destroyed everything without knowing the area was empty, which is flase, this time it was empty and he knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It doesn't matter what it is often called as by uneducated, especially imprecisely. What matters is what it actually is.

People call the Sun a yellow star because they look at it, and it's yellow. Never mind that's because the blue light is preferentially scattered out of the line of sight to the Sun by the atmosphere, making it appear yellow, and that it would look white if there were little or no air in the way.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Never said it wasn't... It was poorly written.
    I was just answering to the "He destroyed everything without knowing the area was empty, which is flase, this time it was empty and he knew it.
    Yeah but he may not have known it. That is what I was getting at. The movie was written so poorly that it is entirely possible that he cannot hear/ignores everything except Lois.

The real superman would know, I agree there. But in the movie? All evidence shows that his powers only work when it is related to Lois. I mean, he let the bomb go off in the Senate, he can hear Lois' heartbeat, pop up out of nowhere to save her from falling off a building, zoom in across the Earth like crossing the street and apparently be completely aware of when she needs help...

Yet he can't keep tabs on his mom or find her in time? He couldn't determine that lex was doing bad shit? He never kept an eye on the space craft?

All signs point to his powers (in the movie) revolving around Lois Lane and only her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was sort of torn on BvS because even though there were some glimpses of good things, it was mostly just a dark muddy mess. Like most of Snyder's work.

Suicide Squad... Horrible editing, extremely oversimplified linear way of telling the story. But every scene by itself and the performance of most actors were really darn great. All praise goes to the actors and the character designs! Worth seeing, fun flick, 7/10. Audience will in general not share critic's opinions on this one as the good things simply overshadow the bad.

Deleted
    Rotten Tomatoes is a flop

they gave ghostbusters a 73% that is saying it all.
    a comedy about queefs and over the top stupid characters is what those critics like.
    that alone will tell you what IQ they have.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-08-04 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And Rotten Tomatoes gave the Ghost busters reboot a 73% and you expect me to trust their ratings? I'll pass on that thanks.
    The only redeeming quality was Hemsworth. I gave it a 4.5/10 and 2 of those points were due to Chris Hemsworths character. The entire rest of the movie was... meh, very fucking meh. I wanted to hate it, but Hemsworth made me smile and chuckle and I was like, ok... this might not be that bad after all. Afterwards, i thought... gosh, that was pretty bad and now that i think about it, the only moments i liked were from the "janine" of the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    and romcoms
    Well, now you are lumping in an entire genre, so your opinion is now worthless. I mean, sure, WE might not like them, cuz it isn't OUR thing. Same way some people just don't see a pointing in making kiddy comic books into movies. They just don't like that fantasy, yet enjoy the fantasy of a romcom (cuz that is exactly what it is, whereas the main super power is the vagina).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Main focus of the movie : Harley & Deadshot. The rest not so so much.
    Well, duh. They wouldn't cast Margot and Big Willy and not have their characters be the focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I thought it was pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes is a flop

they gave ghostbusters a 73% that is saying it all.
    a comedy about queefs and over the top stupid characters is what those critics like.
    that alone will tell you what IQ they have.
    I take it you haven't even checked what Rotten Tomatoes is or how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You realize you are picking one stupid part of a comic book movie and bitching about it right? Let that sink in for a moment. There is much better things to bitch about then them calling the sun yellow.

People can't fly ether are you going to bitch about Superman being able to fly?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And I have the unpopular opinion of the Dark Knight Trilogy not being that good. Mostly due to Christian Bale. Heath Ledger was fantastic though. Heath Ledger is also a good example of what is wrong with most people in this thread. People had already written him off as shit before ever seeing the movie. Then they saw it and loved his performance. Yet here people are, writing Jared Leto's Joker off before seeing the movie based on nothing but his looks. If his performance is good, what's the issue?
    I'm guilty on that Heath Ledger bit. Until I saw the first pic of him in the make-up and saw how horrifying he appeared.
    Even though I'm sure that Leto's Joker won't come close to Ledger's, he'll get the job done.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Critics have been very hit and miss lately, I enjoyed BvS even though it was flawed, but to hear critics tell it, its literally the worst movie ever made.
    I have to agree with this. Same with Warcraft.

The feeling I am getting with critics these days is that it has become a fad. I see a lot of this shit happening on social media these days. People don't seem to know to have their own opinion - we have to follow the herd.

So when the first critic says something is bad then they all go out of their way to try and one-up that original critic by having even more of a go at the movie that has been targetted for bullying. Of course if the first critic says it's wonderful, then the same thing happens in reverse with all of them trying to outdo the others on the praise. All I see is a bunch of nerds either deciding to nerdgasm together, or taking glee out of mocking another bunch of nerds who they think are even nerdier than them (and I say this as a nerd myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Similarly I loathed Ghostbusters, and according to critics that makes me a woman hater.
    Well to be fair, it's pretty clear that Ghostbusters did pick up a lot of completely irrational hate by woman-haters long before the movie was released (hence there was no rational basis for the hate). And in return for the makers correctly pointing this out, those haters just flipped the argument on its head, and used it as more fuel for their hate (as any bully mentality would). This very quickly turned into an issue pride with those misogynists and MRA types defending their stance to protect their egos more than anything else. I mean heaven forbid any woman should have the audacity to call them out for their bullshit.

And to be honest, I think most people claiming the film is terrible are actually still just misogynists with an ulterior agenda. You just have to look at what happened on IMDB to see it plain as day. A massive number of people rated it a "1" the day it went live, almost all of them young men. Since then the rating has been picking up steadily as people who actually watched the film have voted on it. Clearly that initial bunch are not objective voters - they were there with a hate agenda.

This doesn't mean of course that everyone who disliked the film is a misgynist douche, but I would guess most are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Or, better yet, neither.
    Well, that's the point of Hawk & Dove: both are right in their own way. What I meant was that the movie was miss that, and turn the entire movie into a political agenda.