Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It's just long enough to destroy the interest of the first time reader, and full of all the usual phrasing haters obsessively use. Except, perhaps, "Lackluster." I didn't spot that one in there. I kind of wish it HAD been.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    How is it not obvious to people that this is a joke/satire?
    Jokes are funny. Satire is clever. I don't know what this is, but it's neither of those.

I love these threads. Always gives me a good laugh to see moronic nerds on the forums pretending they know anything about Blizzard's inner-workings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The people who not get that this is OBVIOUSLY satire is insane.

Like, how inept do you have to be to not understand that he is, of course, not serious?
    Depends how far you read really. If you stop before he gets to the "extremely expensive and glorious PC" part, you wouldn't be crazy/stupid at all to believe he was serious.

I've seen real complaints about things that are just as petty. There are ill people out there who's real lives are so shitty that they will latch onto anything they can to validate their hatred of what, in the end, is just a video game.

I'll be playing WoW still in the year of 2026. MMORPG's that never reached the success of this one, and with far less successful companies behind them, are STILL alive and releasing new content. It goes against basic logic to think that WoW will die, especially over petty shit that no one else thinks twice about...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    "Otherwise the game will burn or die"

It is already burning and dying lmfao
    How cute!
    Don't let your dreams die, they clearly hold great value to you! /pat

Deleted
    #MakeIconsIconic

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Jokes are funny. Satire is clever. I don't know what this is, but it's neither of those.
    ^ Essentially this. The OP is basically just whining over nothing and expecting everyone to think that it's hilarious when it's just stupid and annoying spam.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The Sightless Eye is a currency for use in.... Underbelly stuff in World of Warcarft. It is, according to the flavor text, "a rough, hand-minted coin. It bears a symbol similar to that of the Kirin Tor, with one key difference: the eye is closed." Except the eye isn't actually closed. See for yourself! http://beta.wowdb.com/currencies/1149-sightless-eye

Stop being lazy, Blizzard. Give us icons that make sense.

(more of the wall of text....)
    I'm going to step in and defend Blizzard here. One thing I was actually surprised to see, was they updated OLD ICONS for old armors to more accurately represent them. See Nordrassil armor as an example.

Bwahahah, thanks for a good laugh, you've made my day sir
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

That was definitly new.

It's sad that I can't tell if this is serious or satire anymore...

is this a new depth? complaining about... fucking... icons... fuck me

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The Sightless Eye is a currency for use in.... Underbelly stuff in World of Warcarft. ........

blah blah blah

whining whining whining
    Wait you mean something in a BETA isn't fully functional/complete? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    ^ Essentially this. The OP is basically just whining over nothing and expecting everyone to think that it's hilarious when it's just stupid and annoying spam.
    Just because it's not funny to either of you, doesn't mean it's not a joke/satire. Obviously other commenters thought it amusing.
    Personally I didn't find it funny but I still recognized it for what it was. You could replace the "coin icon" for flying, talent swapping, max camera, etc and see the same ridiculous arguing in other threads.

Ah I really love these threads!

My only real desire regarding icons is being able to search/filter them. Uuugh!

Ok... Whats the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Wait you mean something in a BETA isn't fully functional/complete? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This doesn't work when we are this close to launch.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Just because it's not funny to either of you, doesn't mean it's not a joke/satire. Obviously other commenters thought it amusing.
    Personally I didn't find it funny but I still recognized it for what it was. You could replace the "coin icon" for flying, talent swapping, max camera, etc and see the same ridiculous arguing in other threads.
    What it is, or attempting to be, really isn't that hard to discern. It's just boring, stupid, and moreso annoying. Exactly as I originally had said. If you didn't find it funny, you're more likely in our boat than not. When a joke is so bad that people don't associate it as a joke, you can barely call it a joke by that point. For example, anything anyone says can be a joke, just because they say that it is, which is their opinion. Stating that what one person calls a joke/satire so complete shit that it doesn't qualify as such is also an opinion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you high? Did you do a line before making this post?

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    This doesn't work when we are this close to launch.
    Yes it does. Because not everything "promised"* (*in the words of the toxic community) makes it into the first expansion build.

The game is actually a continuous dev cycle adding and removing things behind the scenes.