Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Does it work with the new DLC? I have it installed but haven't launch the games yet due to the DLC downloading yesterday.
    For security/anticheat reasons, user mods are actually a separate world from the "vanilla" characters. Yes, there are ways to work around this but ideally you don't want to do so if you're not ready to deal with possible crashes.

It works as for last update. You need to choose "custom game" and then on of the DAIL mods (world001 is the standard campaign).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Ooh I hadn't realised Crucible was out already. Even better, it is out on GOG at the same time & I don't have to wait for it \o/

Apparently Elementa...I mean, Arcanist has gained some huge dps, looking forward to testing that theory out.
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2016-08-04 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    I got GD in the Steam Sale, and I've put so many hours into it. There's just sooo many options for characters. I'd really like a faster way to level characters, but I don't want to cheat yet. I have been starting to find a few legendaries and my bank is full, so I want to make more characters to store all the stuff. ARPGs always have the same problem, not enough storage!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I got GD in the Steam Sale, and I've put so many hours into it. There's just sooo many options for characters. I'd really like a faster way to level characters, but I don't want to cheat yet. I have been starting to find a few legendaries and my bank is full, so I want to make more characters to store all the stuff. ARPGs always have the same problem, not enough storage!!!
    Not tried it, but perhaps this may be of use.

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/2/?

I agree though, loot & full bags/banks is a pain in the proverbial.

DAIL deals with both - stash space increased by a lot, and masteries are pretty balanced; i've yet to find really op stuff.

Tbh, the vanilla diffculty is only one option; you can install it with the increased difficulty mods which are REALLY punishing sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Not tried it, but perhaps this may be of use.

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/2/?

I agree though, loot & full bags/banks is a pain in the proverbial.
    That mod is included in DAIL. ALso included the Omega mod, which grants infinite progression system.

EDIT: i've yet to tackle stuff seriously, but is anyone willing to do some tests when i'm done with masteries?

EDIT2: here's a link to the GD forum thread will all the mods included in the DAIL compilation. Still a WIP, but broken/not done stuff is clearly labeled

EDIT 3: link lol http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38785
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-08-04 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    DAIL deals with both - stash space increased by a lot, and masteries are pretty balanced; i've yet to find really op stuff.

Tbh, the vanilla diffculty is only one option; you can install it with the increased difficulty mods which are REALLY punishing sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

That mod is included in DAIL. ALso included the Omega mod, which grants infinite progression system.

EDIT: i've yet to tackle stuff seriously, but is anyone willing to do some tests when i'm done with masteries?

EDIT2: here's a link to the GD forum thread will all the mods included in the DAIL compilation. Still a WIP, but broken/not done stuff is clearly labeled
    Ah groovy, shall give it a shot at some point.

----------------------------------

(really) silly question time.
    How the hell do I get into this Crucible thing?
    I've checked load screen, main area when entering the game & can't see sod all for it lol.

Ah groovy, shall give it a shot at some point.

----------------------------------

(really) silly question time.
    How the hell do I get into this Crucible thing?
    I've checked load screen, main area when entering the game & can't see sod all for it lol.
    "main campaign" button, select custom game and you should see it there.

Deleted
    "main campaign" button, select custom game and you should see it there.
    Ah thanks, that's well hidden.
    Bleurgh, can't use it with my character, needed to make a new one

Also, shame it wasn't a proper UI button or something, rather than hidden in there.

http://imgur.com/a/1zo16

You load mods from thes ame place - and again, new character. If you dabble with multiple mods it's not as easy as it seems; that's the reason i sticked with DAIL, all in one package. Tbh, the mods included are all the relevant ones, it's not like there are thousands of them.

Mostly because the modding tool is a pain in the ass, though some people is starting to do utilities to make stuff more manageable.

Deleted
    Several re-DL attempts & reinstalls, Grim Dawn just kept bugging for me.

Found a fix (eventually) on their own forums, just in case anyone else has the problem with the GOG version.

I have steam version, so no issues. Also i found that playing it through Steam link with a pad on the tv is surprisingly worth it (apart looting, that kinda sucks - i have a small wifi keyboard on the side for when i open chests and stuff like that).

Deleted
    I have steam version, so no issues. Also i found that playing it through Steam link with a pad on the tv is surprisingly worth it (apart looting, that kinda sucks - i have a small wifi keyboard on the side for when i open chests and stuff like that).
    That is something I hate too, the lack of an auto loot or an aoe loot, especially when you get five chests to clear up around lol.
    It was the same problem in TorchlightII.

Hope someone creates a mod for it.

Now% ot the DLC working it's funky.

Deleted
    What seems to be the loot problem? There's a keybind (default up on the D-pad) to pick up an item. My only gripe with the controller is AoE spells targeting the front row (curse of weakness etc), and Cooldown abilities (like shadow strike) not using the default attack when on CD.

I have a wireless keyboard too for interacting with rift travel and moving loot around my bags and bank. Has anyone tried playing with a Steam controller? Is it any better?

What seems to be the loot problem? There's a keybind (default up on the D-pad) to pick up an item. My only gripe with the controller is AoE spells targeting the front row (curse of weakness etc), and Cooldown abilities (like shadow strike) not using the default attack when on CD.

I have a wireless keyboard too for interacting with rift travel and moving loot around my bags and bank. Has anyone tried playing with a Steam controller? Is it any better?
    That simply when you kill a boss and have the rain of loot, you cannot target specific loot until you go in UI mode and use the actual mouse, which is pretty annoying - it works, but i don't loot everything and aiming in general with the pad isn't as comfortable as with a mouse. Had no issues with aoe spells, maybe ground targeted ones are harder to aim with.

I have this one - it's basically the size of a 360 pad, and it's really comfortable. Maybe i'll just get used to play with it directly.

Deleted
    That simply when you kill a boss and have the rain of loot,
    I ... ahem, filter out all white and yellow loot...

I ... ahem, filter out all white and yellow loot...
    Yeah i do that too, but only when i'm at high-ish levels. pretty annoying for new characters which i'm spamming now due to DAIL mod having a lot of new masteries.

Currently running a Coronus/Frost Knight combo which looks and plays awesome imho.

Deleted
    Auto loot for things like this.
    Preferably with options to set it to a bindable key, for when already got bags over flowing of junk

btw, some of you play via a controller?
    I can't imagine how it'd be with one of those.
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2016-08-05 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Auto loot for things like this.
    Preferably with options to set it to a bindable key, for when already got bags over flowing of junk

btw, some of you play via a controller?
    I can't imagine how it'd be with one of those.
    I love playing it with controller, particularly because you have much, much, better control of positioning, the amount of times I've danced in and out of range of big slow hits, and sidestepped projectiles is beyond counting. For melee, there's pretty much 0 difference for mob targeting, but ranged might prefer the mouse, to drop spells into the middle of packs, as the controller typically targets the front row.

Also, all breakable objects (including crumbling walls) are highlighted in red and are auto targeted if you are facing them.

There's no option for alternative action bars, so you are stuck with 4 buttons, 2 triggers and 2 shoulders for potions. However, on most chars, I don't have alternative weapons, so I remapped the left button on d-pad to something else, and often I don't use energy pots, so I can remap that button too.

There is a completely separate action bar setup for K&M so you can put your auras on that, click them on with the mouse then play with controller as usual. I'd love to hear from someone using a steam controller as to whether you can 1/2 press a trigger for default attack, and full press for an ability like shadow strike.

If the game had WASD movement, I would probably use my Nostromo, but since K&M movement is limited to mouse clicking, I much favor the controller.

-snip-
    Adding to this: the swap from K/M to controller and viceversa is completely fluid and immediate. I mean you literally need to just move the mouse and it swaps to standard K/M, and as soon you hit left analog to move it swaps to controller setup, bars included.

Really, it's best of both worlds.

Deleted
    I guess I've spent too long in games like Magicka & Wizard Wars that I am used to moving precisely via mouse hehe.
    I play caster though, so like you said, probably better for melee classes.

Doesn't controller mean slower turning though? Or is it different to when I see folks playing fps games with one? (those make me cringe lol)