Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    First it was SJW, then they shifted to cuck and apparently virtue signaling is the new buzzword they get off on.
    It wasn't first SJW, the concept and word existed long before it became right wing loonie meme with the GG debacle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Anyone who disagrees with you and/or hurts your wee wee feelings on this site
    At least that's the general General Off-Topic approach
    No, that's what Garian, Orlong and the sort have reduced it to.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    /snip
    I know two definitions:

1. A person which claim to fight for Social Justice, without actually doing anything more than expressing his Outrage on Social Media (Tumblr). This is how the term was used for originally, the etymology is to be found in "Keyboard Warrior" and "Social Justice".

2. A person who regards his own views in matters of Social Justice as unquestionably right, and any belief or opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable or wicked. (From Webster's)

- - - Updated - - -

The bad quality of that article shouldn't surprise anyone: Wikipedia after all has a lot of SJWs among their Admin.
    Last edited by mmoc00230c3bbe; 2016-08-04 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a shortcut for "I've run out of arguments, time to resort to name calling".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

And which part of it is of bad quality exactly?
    Wikipedia isn't even recognized as a valid source in academia. Not sure when/why it became a reputable source here.

And I don't even know if SJW's or die hard Teabaggers run it. It doesn't really change the fact that it isn't really reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is a shortcut for "I've run out of arguments, time to resort to name calling".
    To be fair. Usually one person calls the other a racist/Bigot/ All the other SJW go to names, then the person calls them an SJW.

I thought SJW already evolved to cuck.

It's basically the same as weeaboo; a word which no longer has any real meaning or definition because it's overused by people online to try to dismiss viewpoints they disagree with.

Once upon a time it meant something, but now you're automatically a SJW or a weeaboo or an certain type of psychological disability sufferer if you express an opinion to an uncreative person who disagrees and doesn't know how to have a proper discussion.

Deleted
    This video describes it pretty accurately.

SJW's on these forums use the same logical fallacies and throw strawman like no other.

Recent example

I asked this:
    Why do poor people always sit in front of their house instead of in the backyard like other people?
    The replies:
    Let me paraphrase the OP, "I hate poor people for being poor, and I shouldn't have to see them."
    Grow up friend, not everyone has the same life as you.
    Another:
    Then I ask you, do you sit front yard, back yard or don't even come out of your cavern because the world is full of "filthy peasants"?
    And Another:
    Why do poor people start idiotic threads on MMO-C?
    And Another:
    Who the fuck are you to tell people what to do or is "acceptable" behaviour if you were poor ?
    TLDR: SJW's judge everyone and think everyone is racist/discriminatory/judgemental and they fail to see the irony in that.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-08-04 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Wikipedia isn't even recognized as a valid source in academia. Not sure when/why it became a reputable source here.
    The reason for that is that wikipedia itself is not an academic source, however many the sources wikipedia uses are the very same that academia uses. And I don't think MMOC is considered an academic discussion forum, certainly not more than wikipedia at least.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The reason for that is that wikipedia itself is not an academic source, however many the sources wikipedia uses are the very same that academia uses. And I don't think MMOC is considered an academic discussion forum, certainly not more than wikipedia at least.
    Wikipedia has no integrity or credibility. All it takes is to read the Gamergate wiki article which is almost a complete lie from top to bottom. From the first sentence even.

Ever since I saw that I started doing my own research on wiki articles and what I've found out is that a lot of the articles have the truth completely twisted or are outright lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I am a true SJW. We want to make everybody in the world the same. The poorest guy in Africa or where ever in this world should have the same conditions of life than all others. Even if that means a complete collapse of the 1st world. We are absolute justice.
    keep drinking that punch.

there will always be someone at the top that has it better than the bulk of the populace.

and SJW stands for Social Justice Warrior...hadn't seen that mentioned.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    Wikipedia has no integrity or credibility. All it takes is to read the Gamergate wiki article which is almost a complete lie from top to bottom. From the first sentence even.

Ever since I saw that I started doing my own research on wiki articles and what I've found out is that a lot of the articles have the truth completely twisted or are outright lies.
    I agree, I use this site all the time.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Good thing we're not writing a scientific paper, we are just discussing the meaning of a word.

You still haven't explained what part of it is false.
    Is it not a pejorative term?
    Is it not used against people that promote socially progressive views?
    Does it not imply that people do it for personal validation?
    "But he started it!"
    Your ass isn't a valid source in academia either, cause it seems that is where you get your "facts" from.
    I was just adding in my observation on Wiki. You never asked me anything. Why would I answer a question you never asked me?

And whether whatever you are asking is false or not could not possibly care any less. I was just informing you that whether wikipedia is run by progressive Liberals or hardcore Trump supporters doesn't change the fact it is not a reliable source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone I disagree with

Because you decided to meddle in the discussion?

That isn't a valid reason to expect me to answer a question I wasn't asked. I mean, You even responded as if you had asked me already. Like you asked and I chose to ignore you.

I don't even know what question you are looking for an answer to.

a SJW is someone who lacks logic and reasoning and takes up a cause slowly on feelings, ignoring or cherry picking any facts that contradicts how they feel. They usually do it to feel better about themselves and think they are superior than you because they fight for a cause.

It would have probably been better for them to have been called social justice hypocrites instead of sarcastically calling them warriors.
    SJW:
    • Adhere to concepts like 'The progressive stack' which places minorities and women above everyone else on the level of importance of their speech. In other words, they judge people not by the content of their character, but by the color of their skin (and their genitals/perceived genitals).
    • Refuse to criticize any of the groups they're trying to make look better, if its near the top of the progressive stack, instead whitewashing any issues and claiming that not all <group> constantly, then equating another group, lower in the stack, with the behavior.
    • Divide people up into groups with their excessive amount of labels (cis gendered, agendered, otherkin, or whatever the fuck nonsense)(this part of the progressive stack)
    • Pro segregation, often calling for "colored only safe-spaces".
    • Shut down events with people they don't agree with, calling those people racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, no matter the person's reason for disagreeing with them.
    • Don't see imitation(cultural appropriation) as the sincerest form of flattery, but rather that it is disrespectful and gross.
    • Tell you to "check your privileged" if you're white, and don't consider wealth to be form of privilege (obviously, then they'd have to look in a mirror, instead of accusing everyone else of their original sin).
    • Always seeking the gold in the Oppression Olympics of the Current Year.
    Last edited by Lumicide; 2016-08-04 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    What exactly is a SJW ?
    A SJW is an ad hominem buzzword used to attack someone with whom you disagree, without actually having to come up with a rebuttal to their arguments. It is a current favourite both on MMO-C and across the internet, especially among right-wing neo-libs and selfproclaimed conservatives. It is especially used whenever someone affects a change or makes a statement that criticises politics or society, raises points connected to sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, feminism or racism, or in connection to religion.

The word is devoid of content, just like those who like to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    A SJW is an ad hominem buzzword used to attack someone with whom you disagree, without actually having to come up with a rebuttal to their arguments. It is a current favourite both on MMO-C and across the internet, especially among right-wing neo-libs and selfproclaimed conservatives. It is especially used whenever someone affects a change or makes a statement that criticises politics or society, raises points connected to sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, feminism or racism, or in connection to religion.

The word is devoid of content, just like those who like to use it.
    Another note: SJWs are also into policing language - including policing the term "SJW" itself, calling anyone who uses it a Nazi, more or less

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Another note: SJWs are also into policing language - including policing the term "SJW" itself, calling anyone who uses it a Nazi, more or less
    Thank you for exemplifying the typical person who uses the term "SJW". Very illustrative.

Deleted

Your typical SJWs.