Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Id take immortality every time tbh.

Social animal lel what a joke.
    People leave friends and family on daily basis to go work for years sometimes by the time they come back their friends have moved on or died same with family.
    Then you find new friends and surrogate family if needs be it isn't that hard.

I really wanna live in a post apocalyptic times just to see what the big fuss is about.
    Really i don't think movie scenarios do that any justice.

And if you are immortal why would you care about end of the world?
    Move on jerk off do what ever your hearth desires.
    You'd eventually end up stuck is the problem.

Assuming we are going with the "you can't die no matter what" kind of immortality, loved ones dying is the least of your problems.

You'll end up floating in space or stuck in a black hole. Or possibly way before that, buried under tons of earthquake rubble, or whatever. Being trapped for eternity would be your fate.

So no thanks to immortality where you cannot die no matter what.

Listen neither you or me can tell if immortality is great.

You cant say for how many years it will be great or not...... like WTF its like you are immortal at the moment and you speak from 1st hand experience .....
    Married ........... the values of humans get in love get married so simple so stupid so unimaginative ...........
    Loving parting ways with friends losing loved ones it is all but a split second after that your life continues and they become things of the past.

Cherish the memories because immortal or not they are gone and you are still alive............

Fucking hell mate get a grip..
    We judge because we're human.
    Not inhuman.
    You're not truly alive if you haven't anything worth living for.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem with immortality is the effect of long term life and memories.

Lets say I am still kicking around 100,000 years from now. Would I still remember anything from this moment or earlier in my life.

Could I recall the street I grew up on? Could I recall my first time seeing the United States? Could I recall the trees, the rocks ect that right now stick so vividly in my mind.

At a certain point are you are not immortal, just your physical body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We judge because we're human.
    Not inhuman.
    You're not truly alive if you haven't anything worth living for.
    What the fuck did you just write.......
    You ain't alive if you have nothing to live for?

That is an opinion not a fact.
    I'm more alive then i've ever been in my life and i have nothing to look forward or to live for at this current moment.

So you are wrong.
    Same goes for the case of immortality.
    You do not have to have things to live for to be alive.

Wishful thinking gets you nowhere.
    I see I hit a sore spot. Life got you down?

What the fuck did you just write.......
    You ain't alive if you have nothing to live for?

That is an opinion not a fact.
    I'm more alive then i've ever been in my life and i have nothing to look forward or to live for at this current moment.

So you are wrong.
    Same goes for the case of immortality.
    You do not have to have things to live for to be alive.
    You judge because you're human, and the time you have is precious.
    Immortality makes that time worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I see I hit a sore spot. Life got you down?
    Kid, the last time your ilk tried to hit anything I was in a dark alley...and I was the only one that walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I think the problem with immortality is the effect of long term life and memories.

Lets say I am still kicking around 100,000 years from now. Would I still remember anything from this moment or earlier in my life.

Could I recall the street I grew up on? Could I recall my first time seeing the United States? Could I recall the trees, the rocks ect that right now stick so vividly in my mind.

At a certain point are you are not immortal, just your physical body.
    I think it would work in this fashion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That line represents time and memory

-- --- ----- --- ----- ----- ------- ------- ---------

What we now have are gaps with hours, days, and months missing. I think it would just extend to where entire decades would be lost in the gaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Kid, the last time your ilk tried to hit anything I was in a dark alley...and I was the only one that walked out.
    Lol sure thing trash.

You judge because you're human, and the time you have is precious.
    Immortality makes that time worthless.
    But time is worthless.
    Today you are here tomorrow you ain't.

Time goes on with or without you.
    Time does not keep you prisoner time is but a tool to keep track of earths rotation.
    That is it nothing else.

Rest is just as you said wishful thinking that you actually "have time" you do not, you do not own time, time is a constant it doesn't change its just there and impacts you in no way shape or form.
    You are a slave if you think otherwise to your own prejudice and wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    This isn't even close to being scientific, and makes no sense. Not existing, and being asleep are completely and utterly different things.
    They are remarkably similar from a perception standpoint. You dont remember anything between going to bed and waking up.
    You wont remember anything after dying.

And as someone else said. Your perfectly fine with not existing before you were born. You will be fine with not existing after you die.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a problem; the problem is, you could die at any time. Imagine you're crushed into pieces or you got cut in pieces. If your brain that has your consciousness is untouched, it would suck badly to be in that situation. If your brain is damaged or destroyed, you die, and it's frustrating if you lived 100k years just to get to that point.

Biological immortality might be a thing, but you can die at anytime. Now is there processes to really keep living ? The more you live the higher your odds of experiencing something bad.

Actually something could work out : when your body is badly damaged, your brain data is uploaded to an unbreakable drive, if your body can sustain life you get "uploaded" again in your body, if not, your person is stored somewhere but you don't have a body which would suck and make you overly vulnerable.

But time is worthless.
    Today you are here tomorrow you ain't.
    But it's not exactly just "time." It's life that makes it precious, and vice-versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And as someone else said. Your perfectly fine with not existing before you were born. You will be fine with not existing after you die.
    And since you won't remember anything in your next life anyway...*chuckles*

Actually, screw the idea it'd become meaningless. I would become super rich over time and build a ginormous mech suit I can travel and conquer outer space with. I would map out space with my crew of AI robots that all run on free energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    Actually, screw the idea it'd become worthless. I would become super rich over time and build a ginormous mech suit I can travel and conquer outer space with. I would map out space with my crew of AI robots that all run on free energy.
    And after the universe gets all heat death...you'll enjoy all that alone time in the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Actually something could work out : when your body is badly damaged, your brain data is uploaded to an unbreakable drive, if your body can sustain life you get "uploaded" again in your body, if not, your person is stored somewhere but you don't have a body which would suck and make you overly vulnerable.
    Gettin' Ultron up in this bitch.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

But it's not exactly just "time." It's life that makes it precious, and vice-versa.
    Life isn't precious at all.
    There people dying left right and center if life was precious you'd think some one would do something about it.
    I can argue with you all day you still won't have a leg to stand on this specific matter.

I get it you are pro-life you like to think that you matter that time matters that all life is equal.
    But you are wrong.

Tomorrow i might die and i will be just but a bloop in the grand scheme of things.
    You matter to maybe 2 people in this world that is it your parents every one else pretends that you matter to them because that is how the world and society works.

And sometimes not even your parents care enough if you are dead or alive again to the point that life is irrelevent outside your own prism.

And after the universe gets all heat death...you'll enjoy all that alone time in the void.
    It would be worth it for the experience.

Life isn't precious at all.
    As someone that's had guns shoved in my face before, I can assure you that my life is very precious.

Which probably illustrates the cheery thought that not many here has ever had their own life challenged in such a way that made them want to claw and fight their own way to survive.

So maybe your post should say; Your life isn't precious.

As someone that's had guns shoved in my face before, I can assure you that my life is very precious.

Which probably illustrates the cheery thought that not many here has ever had their own life challenged in such a way that made them want to claw and fight their own way to survive.

So maybe your post should say; Your life isn't precious.
    What part of "your own prism" do you not understand?
    For me your life means nothing you are but a stranger in this vast world for who i wouldn't care if you died in the next 20mins.

Much like i wouldn't care if Polygons dies or any other poster of this topic.
    Your life is precious for you just as mine is to me but that is it outside of our own prisms it might just as well be the next iphone that breaks for the people out there.

Deleted
    Floating around space is 10000000000000 more exciting then your every day human life.
    Space is a vacuum, I'm pretty sure every human being would go insane floating around with only visual stimulation and no propulsion to actually go somewhere.

We're talking about immortality, not being the Silver Surfer.