Confused on how to come back to the game

Hi everyone, so I purchased a 60 day game card and upgraded my account to Legion but I am confused on how to approach the come back. I read posts talking about artifacts and stuff I know nothing about. What is the best way to start back? I do get a free lvl 100 with the Legion pre purchase but I don't know what to do after I get the character created? Is there any kind of legendary or artifacts or anything I need to work to get between now and the actual release on 8/30?

Deleted
    WoD legendary you cannot obtain anymore, too late for that. All artifact stuff comes from the legion launch day (30/8), so nothing of that yet. Garrisons will be useless so don't bother with them either, unless you want to sink some gold in it. What you can do is just prepare for leveling, farm marks of honor (pvp currency), get reputations for tabards/mounts/titles/achi, do timewalking, maybe experience hellfire citadel raid for fun/achi/moose mount. Just basic professions and transmogrification is one way to spend time. Not much preparations or something you "need" to do now for Legion.

Ok, thanks for the advice. What about professions? Correct me if I am wrong, I can either choose a lvl 100 right away and have no professions or I can level a character to lvl 60 and it will boost my professions to max level too right?

Quote Originally Posted by 22lefty32 View Post
    Ok, thanks for the advice. What about professions? Correct me if I am wrong, I can either choose a lvl 100 right away and have no professions or I can level a character to lvl 60 and it will boost my professions to max level too right?
    Yep, exactly that - but note that it's for primary professions only, so not cooking, fishing, first aid or archaeology.

I wouldn't advise using your boost just yet - either play some older characters (you seem to intimate that you've come back to the game) or start new, and get a feel for the gameplay. No point in boosting a new character only to discover you don't enjoy it.

Next week the invasions, early access demon hunter, broken shore and dark whispers event are all released. Those are something to keep you busy

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Next week the invasions, early access demon hunter, broken shore and dark whispers event are all released. Those are something to keep you busy
    Sounds like fun, really excited to come back. I played heavily through Wrath of the Lich King but then dropped off. I do have some old characters I can run around with and get a feel for the new specs and talents. I agree with the above poster, I should probably do that between now and next Tuesday when the new content drops so I have an idea what I want to main for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Yep, exactly that - but note that it's for primary professions only, so not cooking, fishing, first aid or archaeology.
    First aid is the exception here. A boost will give you 700 first aid and the 2 primary professions if you leveled to 60. Note you will not pick the professions in the boost, they need to be selected already on the toon to be boosted.

dont forget to try your lvl 100 character boost first before actually using it to boost the class you choose because too much has changed for the worse and you might end up regretting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    dont forget to try your lvl 100 character boost first before actually using it to boost the class you choose because too much has changed for the worse and you might end up regretting it.
    how do i try it before i boost it?

how do i try it before i boost it?
    umm dunno if its implemented yet but it was at the character boost screen. I thought they already did implement it thou.

- - - Updated - - -

Heres the current info on character boost. You dont want to finalize it though before you try it...

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7623

- - - Updated - - -

heres the info for trying before
    http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/16/...lass-boosting/

again dont know if its implemented as i used my legion boost a long time ago but meh... it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    WoD legendary you cannot obtain anymore if you aren't already on the quest, too late for that.

Fixed it for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.