Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    All the players who fail at wow then come to WOW forums and post how they have succeeded in real life etc. Reminder: This is about WOW. Everything else is irrelevant. Now if you don't want to make extra gold be my guest sell cheap. Not sure what your gain is but ok sure whatever. People here are sto stuck to their opinions they will even pretend they dont like extra gold just to win a stupid argument.
    You do know there are actually a lot of people who simply don't care about reaching gold cap right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    On my realm (Draenor EU) this was a super short-term fad. Like, less than a week. Illusion tomes went for 2-3k, mats spiked like crazy, ordinary Tailoring shirts were suddenly worth hundreds. Then it all went plop. I skimmed a quick buck off of the rush, but it wasn't anything special, certainly not anything to be excited about. At the very least I got to sew something that isn't a bag for the first time in months, so 's all good.
    There is no demand for Tomes right now except amongst completionists who want to see them all "filled in", and there aren't that many people like this. Shirts was the same.

Tomes market will eventually rebound to some degree for these reasons:

1. You can no longer get illusions at the garrison vendor.
    2. Most people aren't replacing their weapons right now, so they have no need for applying illusions - their existing weapon already has a look on it.
    3. Soon, players WILL start getting new weapons and they will want illusions for them. They will go to the garrison vendor and be disappointed.
    4. They will visit the AH to buy whichever tome has the illusion they want.

IMHO Blizzard could have done more with the Fashionista achievement structure to drive people to want to acquire more transmog. Hopefully they will add some achievements for hard-core collectors in future, because that would motivate people to collect beyond what they are doing now. From what I can see amongst my friends and realm-mates, they 1) want the fashionista achievement, which is very easy to get and 2) they wanted bank space, which they now have because their favorite previously collected sets are now in the Wardrobe. But they have 0 reasons to keep collecting anything other than ilevel upgrades, unless it's got a look they actually want to equip.

All the players who fail at wow then come to WOW forums and post how they have succeeded in real life etc. Reminder: This is about WOW. Everything else is irrelevant. Now if you don't want to make extra gold be my guest sell cheap. Not sure what your gain is but ok sure whatever. People here are sto stuck to their opinions they will even pretend they dont like extra gold just to win a stupid argument.
    How do I fail? You only fail if you don't achieve goals you set for yourself. Mine were to clear mythic while its current and get my team the mounts. I succeeded. I'm not failing because I fail to meet some arbitrary criteria an internet nobody set for me.

One of the most horrible things in WoW is AH automation. That's the first thing I'd remove from the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people vastly overestimate how "joker"-type players approach the AH. Most of us undercut because Auctioneer automatically undercuts and we're just looking to get a ton of shit out of our bags. We set the duration to 48 hours so we can go do other things and not have to worry about relisting for a couple days. Most of us aren't specifically out to screw over markets, most of us don't care about the market. We just wanna empty our bags at above vendor price and know people will buy pretty much any shit that gets tossed up on there, even the useless greys.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    There is no demand for Tomes right now except amongst completionists who want to see them all "filled in", and there aren't that many people like this. Shirts was the same.

Tomes market will eventually rebound to some degree for these reasons: ~~snip
    Well, it's not like they're worthless, there's still decent gold to be made on them, it's just no longer a super rising market where any amount of wares at any price gets gobbled up I'm an opportunist, I lost interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    This screams "I want a free market, but only for me".

Deleted
    THE AH needs to be better.
    When doing old quests or dungeons runs I'd pick up a lot of crap that would get vendored, when it's something someone would have wanted.

so you are selling glyphs for 500g? no offense but youre a fucking asshole. And then youre a bigger asshole for being mad that people are using the AH one of the ways it was intended to be used.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    THE AH needs to be better.
    When doing old quests or dungeons runs I'd pick up a lot of crap that would get vendored, when it's something someone would have wanted.
    Except that there are tons of other people doing the same stuff as you who will also be trying to sell that stuff on the AH. Odds are that unless something you have vendored is exceptionally rare, there is more than enough of it on the AH to supply those who would have wanted it and at best you could have sold it for marginally more than it would have vendored anyway.

I vendor most of that stuff too because for the amount of time and effort it would take to sell it on the AH I could make more gold doing something else. This has nothing to do with how good/bad the AH is, it's about the stuff simply not being worth very much because there is so much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I think people vastly overestimate how "joker"-type players approach the AH. Most of us undercut because Auctioneer automatically undercuts and we're just looking to get a ton of shit out of our bags. We set the duration to 48 hours so we can go do other things and not have to worry about relisting for a couple days. Most of us aren't specifically out to screw over markets, most of us don't care about the market. We just wanna empty our bags at above vendor price and know people will buy pretty much any shit that gets tossed up on there, even the useless greys.
    This so much. I don't play the AH, if I have a stack wool cloth in my inventory, I go to the AH and just click sell in Auctioneer or the smartphone app. I don't really care if the cloth would normally go for 4G a piece and just when I scanned some other put it in for 50s. I don't want to "play the market", I just want to get free inventory space with some profit.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I do this with transmog crap. Aside from a very limited selection of some pretty rare stuff, especially stuff that no longer drops, most transmog is ridiculously overpriced. 8+ copies of the same green "of the crap" item, all priced at hundreds of gold but 1c apart on the AH form 8 different sellers who are busy cancelling and reposting to undercut each other each day - and a lot of those greens have a 1-3g listing price, so for some items it won't take long for you to destroy your profits just in all those posting fees for however many days/weeks/months it takes you to sell a low-demand item.

I love Tradeskillmaster junkies who get into the transmog market. By my estimation more than half the people using that monstrosity just do themselves more harm than good. I play them, and it's easy to do. They set up their groups to scan for "deals" en masse and they often aren't making sound item-by-item decisions. So I post an "of the crap" green for 100x the vendor price, say 100g, and they buy it and repost it at 1000x the vendor price because of course the world is burning to pay for another "of the crap" green that costs 1000g on the AH. And if you look, a month later they're still reposting the same damn items. Meanwhile, I took my 100x vendor price and happily banked it. Many of them funded their purchases/posting fees by spending hours doing ore shuffles and other tedious things. I have made a fortune off these people and I doubt they have any idea.
    Pretty much this, if someone sits 5 hours a day scanning, rescanning, sniping, posting, cancelling, reposting and / or farming low lvl mobs for greens and finds it interesting, fun and engaging gameplay he's obviously free to do so but for most people this is worse than fishing, archeology & watching paint dry combined.

My AH stock usually consists of items that have high chance of selling and give decent profit over vendor / mats price. I'm not gonna spend half my gaming time reposting auctions, I have more fun things to do. I rather sell a shirt for 100g which is fairly expensive in comparison to mats but fairly affordable so it sells fast than try to sell it for 1000g because then 1c undercutters start crawling in and many people just don't buy the item altogether ("wtf 1000g for a shirt? I'm so not buying this").

When I bothered with salvage yards before 6.2 nerfs I vendored 80% of the drops from crates and sold other 20% for about 10 times less than current AH price. If resellers want to bother reposting thousands of greenies every day so maybe one sells after 6 months, it's them who wastes time babysitting their auctions.

I have enough gold for my everyday needs and BMAH rarely has anything of interest to me (I did buy 2 toys over the course of WOD, that was it). Even my hype for spider mount is gone now that I saw how big it is (hate mounts that don't pass through doors), I'm now hyped for the fox instead when I saw how small & sleek it is.

Made enough gold from my guild selling BH mount & HFC boosts so I don't have to be desperate to maximize "milking" the AH at the expense of my free time. And since I'm too lazy to farm, most of my profit came from either professions or easy deals (like selling aforementioned vendor pets or things from garrison like medallions or gronnlings).

Most people want to make "easy gold from flipping stuff on the AH" and don't realize this not only requires extensive market knowledge and proper addon setup, but also a lot of time spent.

Famous sellers / resellers on my realm spend tons of time in trade advertising their expensive stock (mounts, transmog, tcg loot, rare patterns for collectors etc.), generally you're turning yourself into a peddler that will get 1 good deal per 100 answers telling you to gtfo. If someone finds pleasure in getting repeatedly trolled / insulted just so you can finally sell 1 item well, their choice. Maybe irl they're a sales representative too and used to this lifestyle.

Can you make a lot of gold this way? Probably. Is it worth your time and nerves? Not for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Except that there are tons of other people doing the same stuff as you who will also be trying to sell that stuff on the AH. Odds are that unless something you have vendored is exceptionally rare, there is more than enough of it on the AH to supply those who would have wanted it and at best you could have sold it for marginally more than it would have vendored anyway.
    It's not the case with rare or transmog armour and other items or mats. It would be too expensive to have to re list them all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    so you are selling glyphs for 500g? no offense but youre a fucking asshole. And then youre a bigger asshole for being mad that people are using the AH one of the ways it was intended to be used.
    Basically this. Also OP is an asshole because he "plays" auction house 24/7, probably instantly undercutting other players, thus not letting legitimate players sell anything unless they either massively undercut or camp auction house.

Whole AH playing is disgusting. It prevents other players from selling stuff to make few no-life morons happy.

Solution? Increase deposit to make it unprofitable to relist auctions. Something like 10% of buyout should do.

undercutting is just how AH works

and theres ways to make gold outside not fucking over other people or buying gold

Deleted
    Dude up to a few months ago I was selling glyphs for 700-1000g and had complete monopoly of the market. I don't see why this seems bad to you because thats how the game is meant to be played. Free economy and dog eat dog. The most capable players make the most gold
    Capable ;D

Poopsocking, the ultimate mark of skill.

if glyphs are regularly selling for 500g, that's more a problem of population than anything. If there are so few people willing to do the yeoman's work of creating various glyphs and listing them that their crafting time is that valuable, your response should be to immediately reroll inscription and get in on it.

I doubt glyphs really do sell for that much very often though, unless your server is a real backwater.

I lost all sympathy for the OP when I read his target price is 500 per glyph.

And yet somehow you keep avoiding the thread's subject which is about AUCTION HOUSE. No matter how much you throw the ball out of court first with your real life then with your raiding progress, noone cares bro. Here you are telling us you are unable to play the AH and make a gold cap for yourself.

Keep evading the subject of the thread tell us what car you drive next or where you plan to spend your summer. It will still not answer why the hell you undercut yourself and lose gold but whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude up to a few months ago I was selling glyphs for 700-1000g and had complete monopoly of the market. I don't see why this seems bad to you because thats how the game is meant to be played. Free economy and dog eat dog. The most capable players make the most gold. I never stopped anyone from competing against me.

Noone stops you from playing in the exact same way. There are addons, there are guides, there are websites. However here you are telling people who choose to make gold in the AH instead of buying it from gold sellers etc "fucking assholes".

Something is not right with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Your solution shows you have no clue. Increase the deposit reaction: Price increase to cover the cut. Welcome to life.

As for the "instant undercutting". There cannot be instant undercut for over 1c or else the undercutter loses gold. At the same time there is no reason to relist against a professional AH player if he doesn't relist 50-100 items.

If you re worried about undercuts just sell at 24-48 intervals and you ll be fine. But if you re in a rush then you have to play like those who play the AH.

You cannot seriously expect to make gold through the AH while not playing the AH.
    How does one undercut oneself?

Also, losing gold isn't the same as "not making as much"

Learn to English.