Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I've had 3 guns pulled on me so far. Nobody has shot me yet. I'd ask for your anecdotal experiences on the same subject, but I'm pretty sure you're just guessing at what will happen based off the news you watch from your basement?

I blame CNN, not you.
    And how did you react? In Brazil there's little repercussion thus why they're bold. Again what you gonna do if somebody grabs your phone and legs it? Chase 'em? Chances are they would outrun you or lead you to a group of 5+. Also you can't be very street savy if you've had a gun pulled on you 3x lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Be fun to get some plastic display phones, stuff them with dye packs and walk around with them out, have them set to go off if they get too far from your body....
    Dye packs or ...I mean ...just hypothetically ...plastic explosives?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Except that Sochi Olympics went better than most Olympics hosted in Western nations. Minor issues with freshly built housing aside.

Yeah and it cost 25 times as much as salt lake city, and thousands have been dispossessed to build a playing ground for some russian oligarchs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Except that Sochi Olympics went better than most Olympics hosted in Western nations. Minor issues with freshly built housing aside.
    Way to underplay how fucking terrible it was. Not to mention the thousands of migrant workers FORCED TO BUILD WITH NO PAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Dye packs or ...I mean ...just hypothetically ...plastic explosives?
    I like your line of thinking (really do) but I went with the dye pack just in case it goes off while they are around innocent people.

Nothing new here. If you're a tourist and and a pussy, you were fucked the second you stepped foot into brazil.

No wonder they couldn't even get a job at McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And how did you react? In Brazil there's little repercussion thus why they're bold. Again what you gonna do if somebody grabs your phone and legs it? Chase 'em? Chances are they would outrun you or lead you to a group of 5+. Also you can't be very street savy if you've had a gun pulled on you 3x lol
    I'll have to find out how I'd react next time a child is 8 feet away from me with a gun, yet somehow in the same uber robbing me.

When you're in a crime ridden area and you limp wrist your phone out in the open, you are pretty much asking to have it stolen. These are the people thieves target.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Well, we sure didn't see this coming.
    What? It happened? Really? How could we have know? Oh wait as you said, we all see this coming and anyone who thought otherwise is a fool. Already shaping up to be one of the worst Olympics.

I like your line of thinking (really do) but I went with the dye pack just in case it goes off while they are around innocent people.
    That's a great point.
    MAGA

This Olympics is going to be a disaster, they should have never offered it to Brazil, it looks pretty disgusting and im sorry to all the Brazillians, I don't want to be mean but its pretty gross when the lake is turning boats brown. It needed atleast 10 years worth of clean up before it should have been hosted there.

As someone from Brazil I would say that it was an incredible stupid idea, both for people coming here and for people living here. Specially Rio de Janeiro (even we call it Hell de Janeiro, because the pronunciation is a bit similar), it is a very dangerous city and its public transport system is already overloaded.

But, if you are coming to I would say:
    - Take ubers, if you want a taxi, use an app to call it and pay by credit card, otherwise they will try to overcharge you.
    - Always check the change. Brazil has a corrupt culture, but it is 10x stronger in Rio de Janeiro, always assume that people are trying to trick you.
    - Do not walk with your cellphone at hand, if you are using a purse or a backpack, pay extra attention.
    - Avoid using expensive items that can be easily removed from you, there are robbers that will grab those while running (we call them "Trombadinhas"). This would include: jewelry (specially anything with a chain), caps and purses.
    - I would also avoid using watches, a lot of criminals will identify good targets by expensive watches and shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    That's a great point.
    this might be fun too

10+ Year Old Account
    They specifically target pussies because they know they can get away with it. so obvious.
    From what I saw of the video, the targets were either fat, or they were women. I didn't see any fit men being robbed (didn't watch to the end, made it to #15)

So I have to agree that they target those who are perceived as weak or easy targets.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way to tell that though, besides just guessing at their skin color? I feel like the only local they tried to rob was the person who started slapping the shit out of the kid.

He handled it well. What you were saying about the potential stab/shoot/gangup would be valid if every potential theft victim showed resistance, but as we can see, there are people out there that just keel over and give up their belongings. Those are the people they want. They aren't going to rally a gang of knife wielding teammates to jump 1 guy when there are people out there that will just bend over and take it.

Some guy puts up a fight? Move onto the next person. Repeat until you find a pussy. Acquire loot.
    Almost every single one that you see in the video is a local. They interviewed some people, and most people there are local workers, and you can even somewhat guess by the way they dress and walk around.

About the stab/shoot/gangup, you have no freaking idea about what they can do. Like I said, most kids will not even be armed. But with the amount of shit you have to deal on a daily basis, you're bound to find someone that can screw you up forever. Most of them are crack heads, they're unstable. I know that first hand, I almost lost my right arm because a random dude stabed me to take my shitty Moto E phone.

About they rallying up, oh boy... You have no idea.

this might be fun too
    Haha thats fucking epic.
    MAGA

Oh please, you'd need to be an idiot if anyone didn't foresee this coming... The Olympics should have NEVER been held in that corrupt and crime riddled shithole.

Deleted
    Wh ydo they allow the olympics in a third world country to be hosted... fucking idiots on this world

Shit like this happened during the World Cup as well so why wouldn't it be happening now? Nothing new.

Deleted
    This should be the theme song of the Rio Olympics:

Would convey the situation and feeling over there a bit better than some random jingle they're going to come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    Wh ydo they allow the olympics in a third world country to be hosted... fucking idiots on this world
    Because IOC accepted their bribe.