Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    That doesn't answer what I said.

You sidestepped it to say "well uh that's okay then I'd do it too".

If you're ACTUALLY voting "against corruption", why are you voting for the wellspring? That's why people saying that are so full of shit. That's why people say those voting for Trump "don't get it".
    It's not the wellspring. The wellspring is those that accept the money and operate at the bidding of said money.

You act as if politicians don't have a choice. If they didn't take the money in the first place and work at the behest of greater monetary powers, then the need to buy stake in Washington wouldn't be so pressing. It wouldn't be seen as a "must" by those with the means. That's like allowing people to rig up their cars with weaponry in Formula 1 to take out their opposition and then expecting some drivers to never take advantage of it but rather get unceremoniously destroyed out on the track out of some sort of misguided moralistic stance.

No, you do what you must to make it. If buying power is how you ensure you stay in the race, then that's what you do. You cannot blame the person that plays the game, you blame the game. The game was created by greedy politicians. If they stood by their values, their constituents, and turned down such offerings... the field would be much different today. Hence the need to vote in people that are not thus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Let me make something clear - I do not support ANY party. I support the person. I voted for Clinton 2x. I voted for GWB 2x. I did not vote in the first Obama election but voted for Romney the 2nd time. Fuck the party. I wish Trump had run Independent to be honest. He is as much of a Republican as Sanders was a Democrat.

I believe Trump will do a much better job as POTUS. I am hoping that the majority of AMERICAN PEOPLE feel the same way. Do I believe the election could be rigged? For sure - just look at what the Democrats did to Bernie. There are a LOT of elites that have NO desire to see someone like Trump become POTUS. They like things just they way they are. But if he doesn't win, then so be it.

One other thing - during Obama's first term I was against all the BS rhetoric about him. After he showed what a piece of shit he turned out to be I still cannot understand how - or why - the fuck he got elected to a second term. Hopefully the AMERICAN PEOPLE right this wrong and elect Trump.
    Why are you capsing AMERICAN PEOPLE? Is this some code only people who agree with you? Like you said, the AMERICAN PEOPLE voted for Obama's second term.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You're saying that Trump's first lady could potentially be... illegal?

Oh please be true. Please please be true. Holy shit, that's almost too perfect. It would be the singularly most perfect thing to happen to Cheeto Jesus and the Legion of Losers yet in this campaign.
    Would you be offended if I said I think I love you In all seriousness your posts are so well constructed and intelligent it gives me hope for your party to rebuild and resume putting forth ideas that are good for everyone.

Sincerely
    NY Dem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Ransath is one of the forums far right xenophobic racists. By his own acknowledgement he listens to far right hate radio, the sort that preaches hate on a daily basis to their listeners. That, of course, is why Ransath is how he is. He has bought into that world-view and wants to see anyone who he sees as other (women, non-whites, gays, liberals, etc) smashed under the jackboot of the far right, and Trump is his vessel for bringing that about.
    LOL! Thanks alexw!

BTW - you didn't use the liberally mandated quota of words that end in -ist when disparaging someone. You need to do better next time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again - who the fuck cares whether or not Cruz, Ryan, and McCain support him? THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SUPPORT HIM! He got the most votes in the HISTORY of the Republican primary! You acutely think that because Cruz doesn't support him that everyone who likes Cruz will automatically NOT vote for Trump? FFS - people are not robots
    You can continue to support Trump - no matter what he does. There are certain groups of people within the Republican party. Those who will vote for him no matter what. Those who will vote for him unless he does something terrible. Then we get into the territory of the "obligatory Republican voters" who vote Republican no matter what, because it is their party. But... a lot of those people are backing down from this election. They are now claiming it is their choice to stay home rather than give their vote to Trump.

Like Cruz said, he will not vote for Hillary... but he has not decided if he is voting for Trump or not. And THAT is the majority of the Republican party. You can pretend and claim that Trump spouting insults like a sprinkler will bring more people to him. You can believe that, as is your right. But in reality it is alienating the center. The base.

You know what Trump could have done that would have actually scared Democrats? That would have solidified him as a real presidential candidate, and told people he was serious and was going to win? Instead of fighting with Khan, he could have silently ignored his comments, gone to the grave of the son, and placed an American flag and flowers on it.

That would have dumbfounded Democrats and gotten every single Republican behind him. Showing compassion and solidarity to his nation and his people.

Instead he chose the route of insulting an American citizen.

You need the votes of your party to win. You cannot win an election if you alienate even your own party. You can stick it to them on national television if that is your goal. But you're not winning.

The RNC's message was "Love Trump". The DNC's message was "Love your family and your country".

Trump has already lost the election, and the more he spits out insults, the deeper he digs the hole for Republican house and senate candidates down ticket. He is creating the perfect environment for Democrats to take a majority, and possibly even a super majority. States that were firmly red are now polling battleground, with neck and neck polls. Battleground states are now firmly blue. And to win, Hillary only has to win every blue state and 1 or 2 swing states. Which she has a firm grip on now because Trump fucked up.

It's ok, you can admit your hero isn't perfect, and is destroying the Republican chances from within.

I love @Skroe cause he can see what is happening. And he is probably hoping that the Democrats take a super majority, because he knows the Republican party as an entity can survive 4-8 years of a Democrat super majority, and it will mean there will be SERIOUS reform from within the party, kicking out extremists and demagogues. The Republican party could have easily beat Hillary with a moderate candidate. She has so many flaws it would have been easy. But instead they put up Trump. Who is worse than Hillary.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    It's not the wellspring. The wellspring is those that accept the money and operate at the bidding of said money.

You act as if politicians don't have a choice. If they didn't take the money in the first place and work at the behest of greater monetary powers, then the need to buy stake in Washington wouldn't be so pressing. It wouldn't be seen as a "must" by those with the means. That's like allowing people to rig up their cars with weaponry in Formula 1 to take out their opposition and then expecting some drivers to never take advantage of it but rather get unceremoniously destroyed out on the track out of some sort of misguided moralistic stance.

No, you do what you must to make it. If buying power is how you ensure you stay in the race, then that's what you do. You cannot blame the person that plays the game, you blame the game. The game was created by greedy politicians. If they stood by their values, their constituents, and turned down such offerings... the field would be much different today. Hence the need to vote in people that are not thus.
    Right.

"The problem isn't offering money! It's someone taking it hahahahaha".

That mentality is full of shit.

The problem is those that buy the politicians. The problem is those that are bought.

Voting for the buyer and saying "this is a vote against corruption!" is a bullshit copout. Especially when followed by this:

" I do however have a rudimentary appreciation for his lack of tact and aggressiveness in an often stifled arena that should be otherwise."

Which very clearly shows why you support Trump - you think politics should be about "winning". That's shit. That's the problem we have now. Politics isn't people sitting in an arena and fighting each other. That's what people that have zero idea of compromise and just want complete power want, and it has zero place in governance.

So you took the candidate, that actively sabotaged yours through corrupt means, and even hired the woman into her campaign that helped to coordinate it all?

Not exactly standing up for the values that Sanders put forth; granted, even he sold out by the end. Much to the chagrin of his own supporters.

You're quite literally voting for everything you were fighting against. The big "Goldman Sachs" candidate with all the largest names pulling the strings - meaning Hillary represents anything but you. I'm sorry, I didn't agree with Bernie's ideas, but at least I could agree with the notion that the lifelong, paid-and-bought politicians need to be taken down.

...and that's what I am doing, one way or the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Because choosing the same exact rot eating away at the core of our political system is really the safe alternative? I'm baffled.

Even if it wasn't Trump, it'd be a 3rd party. There is no way my conscience could ever feel clean voting for Hillary.
    You are allowing yourself to think of the results of the election in an idealistic and overly simplified way. There are many ways for wood to rot, wether from termites, water damage, mold or fungus. All are forms of wood rot but all are different. It matters because the person who gets in office lets in a gaggle of assholes right behind them and those people will directly impact the country in terms of supreme court members, laws that are passed and domestic/foreign policy and both sides of the coin are entirely different in terms of the results.

But you keep on with that narrative that both are the same bad so it doesn't matter.

So you took the candidate, that actively sabotaged yours through corrupt means, and even hired the woman into her campaign that helped to coordinate it all?

Not exactly standing up for the values that Sanders put forth; granted, even he sold out by the end. Much to the chagrin of his own supporters.

You're quite literally voting for everything you were fighting against. The big "Goldman Sachs" candidate with all the largest names pulling the strings - meaning Hillary represents anything but you. I'm sorry, I didn't agree with Bernie's ideas, but at least I could agree with the notion that the lifelong, paid-and-bought politicians need to be taken down.

...and that's what I am doing, one way or the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Because choosing the same exact rot eating away at the core of our political system is really the safe alternative? I'm baffled.

Even if it wasn't Trump, it'd be a 3rd party. There is no way my conscience could ever feel clean voting for Hillary.
    There is no evidence that the DNC actively sabotaged Sander's campaign. And Clinton did not hire Schultz to work on her campaign.

Trump is not the atomic bomb people think he is. The system will change, but in favor of Trump and his allies.

What do you think is going to happen when Trump is going to get elected? Riots in the streets? Guerrilla forces actively killing politicians? Like seriously, this is such a childish and stupid stance.

There will be no "take down" of these corrupt politicians. It will only stay the same. The only way to fix the system is to have smart people elected who can change it. It's quite alarming that so many people think that just because someone they don't like gets elected, that warrants us burning down the house.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Aside from all the other meaningless drivel you just posted, could you please explain how he "insulted" an American citizen? What, he questioned why the mute wife didn't say anything? You mean that he maybe implied she wasn't allowed to say anything (since it is common knowledge that MANY Muslim women are subordinate to their husbands)?. How is that insulting - because he asked WHY she did not say anything? There are THOUSANDS of Gold Star mothers that would have NO problem talking about their sons. I know, she is a special little snowflake that just cannot deal with the pain - yet she had NO problem running her mouth afterwards and vilifying Trump when she was NOT in the public spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You are allowing yourself to think of the results of the election in an idealistic and overly simplified way. There are many ways for wood to rot, wether from termites, water damage, mold or fungus. All are forms of wood rot but all are different. It matters because the person who gets in office lets in a gaggle of assholes right behind them and those people will directly impact the country in terms of supreme court members, laws that are passed and domestic/foreign policy and both sides of the coin are entirely different in terms of the results.

But you keep on with that narrative that both are the same bad so it doesn't matter.
    We clearly see this differently and I won't continue to argue. It'll simply devolve on your and your ilk's end.

I've expressed my feelings on this matter adequately enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from all the other meaningless drivel you just posted, could you please explain how he "insulted" an American citizen? What, he questioned why the mute wife didn't say anything? You mean that he maybe implied she wasn't allowed to say anything (since it is common knowledge that MANY Muslim women are subordinate to their husbands)?. How is that insulting - because he asked WHY she did not say anything? There are THOUSANDS of Gold Star mothers that would have NO problem talking about their sons. I know, she is a special little snowflake that just cannot deal with the pain - yet she had NO problem running her mouth afterwards and vilifying Trump when she was NOT in the public spotlight.
    Instead of, you know, admitting what Trump did you go into apologism and justification.

Point proven.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You can continue to support Trump - no matter what he does. There are certain groups of people within the Republican party. Those who will vote for him no matter what. Those who will vote for him unless he does something terrible. Then we get into the territory of the "obligatory Republican voters" who vote Republican no matter what, because it is their party. But... a lot of those people are backing down from this election. They are now claiming it is their choice to stay home rather than give their vote to Trump.

Like Cruz said, he will not vote for Hillary... but he has not decided if he is voting for Trump or not. And THAT is the majority of the Republican party. You can pretend and claim that Trump spouting insults like a sprinkler will bring more people to him. You can believe that, as is your right. But in reality it is alienating the center. The base.

You know what Trump could have done that would have actually scared Democrats? That would have solidified him as a real presidential candidate, and told people he was serious and was going to win? Instead of fighting with Khan, he could have silently ignored his comments, gone to the grave of the son, and placed an American flag and flowers on it.

That would have dumbfounded Democrats and gotten every single Republican behind him. Showing compassion and solidarity to his nation and his people.

You need the votes of your party to win. You cannot win an election if you alienate even your own party. You can stick it to them on national television if that is your goal. But you're not winning.

The RNC's message was "Love Trump". The DNC's message was "Love your family and your country".

Trump has already lost the election, and the more he spits out insults, the deeper he digs the hole for Republican house and senate candidates down ticket. He is creating the perfect environment for Democrats to take a majority, and possibly even a super majority. States that were firmly red are now polling battleground, with neck and neck polls. Battleground states are now firmly blue. And to win, Hillary only has to win every blue state and 1 or 2 swing states. Which she has a firm grip on now because Trump fucked up.

It's ok, you can admit your hero isn't perfect, and is destroying the Republican chances from within.

I love @Skroe cause he can see what is happening. And he is probably hoping that the Democrats take a super majority, because he knows the Republican party as an entity can survive 4-8 years of a Democrat super majority, and it will mean there will be SERIOUS reform from within the party, kicking out extremists and demagogues. The Republican party could have easily beat Hillary with a moderate candidate. She has so many flaws it would have been easy. But instead they put up Trump. Who is worse than Hillary.
    I'll turbo boost your message a bit...

While in primaries typically candidates open up 'get out the vote' centers in states and they keep them in operation throught the entire election, Donald on the other hand would move in, open one, then close it upon leaving and has no political structure throughout the US. Hillary didn't do this and has a massive system to get the vote out across the US. Donald has decided not to battle for 'swing states' as the cost of doing so would be too much for campaign coffers and his only way to the election is to win Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. Ohio's govenor did not show up at the RNC even though it was his own state. Pennsylvannia has not gone Republican in several elections. Florida is in play for either candidate but has a Republican base. So 2 of 3 states that he HAS to win are not looking good for Trump. The other battleground states are considered a wash that he isn't even going to try to win.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    There is no evidence that the DNC actively sabotaged Sander's campaign. And Clinton did not hire Schultz to work on her campaign.

Trump is not the atomic bomb people think he is. The system will change, but in favor of Trump and his allies.

What do you think is going to happen when Trump is going to get elected? Riots in the streets? Guerrilla forces actively killing politicians? Like seriously, this is such a childish and stupid stance.

There will be no "take down" of these corrupt politicians. It will only stay the same. The only way to fix the system is to have smart people elected who can change it. It's quite alarming that so many people think that just because someone they don't like gets elected, that warrants us burning down the house.
    Er, there is loads of emails on Wikileaks that says otherwise and Clinton did hire Schultz to her campaign.

...Are we now existing within parallel dimensions or something?

Deleted
    Instead of, you know, admitting what Trump did you go into apologism and justification.

Point proven.
    Whatever - please point out what Trump said that was insulting.

Paul Ryan still endorses Trump as of today, but may withdraw in the future

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/politi...ent/index.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Which very clearly shows why you support Trump - you think politics should be about "winning". That's shit. That's the problem we have now. Politics isn't people sitting in an arena and fighting each other. That's what people that have zero idea of compromise and just want complete power want, and it has zero place in governance.
    And this is what Skroe and many others have been saying. Dems have been reaching across the aisle for the last two decades, while conservatives have been about winning and getting their way 100%. "My way or the highway" mentality.

And that's why they're losing. People don't want someone who can't compromise in a position of power. Some conservatives may want an absolutist fascist in power, but most of the rest of the country wants solidarity. Not a divisive demagogue who wants full power.

Deleted
    Er, there is loads of emails on Wikileaks that says otherwise and Clinton did hire Schultz to her campaign.

...Are we now existing within parallel dimensions or something?
    Abso-fucking-lutely.

Case in point

Dems have been reaching across the aisle for the last two decades,

We clearly see this differently and I won't continue to argue. It'll simply devolve on your and your ilk's end.

I've expressed my feelings on this matter adequately enough.
    I'll accept your answer in the form of an offhand insult and a cop out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever - please point out what Trump said that was insulting.
    You're not going to be convinced, as you believe Trump was not being insulting, no matter what I say.

So instead of pointing out where just about everyone in the Dem party, and a whole lot of the Republicans thought he was being insulting,

Let's just say you're going to disagree with me no matter what I say, and leave it at that, and instead me wasting my time talking to a brick wall, we can move onto another issue, meanwhile 85% of the country sees Trump as insulting, and you can live in your bubble with the other 15% of the country that is far right and defends Trump no matter what he says.

And this is what Skroe and many others have been saying. Dems have been reaching across the aisle for the last two decades, while conservatives have been about winning and getting their way 100%. "My way or the highway" mentality.

And that's why they're losing. People don't want someone who can't compromise in a position of power. Some conservatives may want an absolutist fascist in power, but most of the rest of the country wants solidarity. Not a divisive demagogue who wants full power.
    How is Trump anymore Fascist in his verbiage than Obama is in his actions? Hell, let's carry that comparison to Trump versus Bush as well.

Please explain.