Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
    Almost every single one that you see in the video is a local. They interviewed some people, and most people there are local workers, and you can even somewhat guess by the way they dress and walk around.

About the stab/shoot/gangup, you have no freaking idea about what they can do. Like I said, most kids will not even be armed. But with the amount of shit you have to deal on a daily basis, you're bound to find someone that can screw you up forever. Most of them are crack heads, they're unstable. I know that first hand, I almost lost my right arm because a random dude stabed me to take my shitty Moto E phone.

About they rallying up, oh boy... You have no idea.
    Can you link to the information? Many of them had backpacks which just seems kind of weird for a local.

Also, I see crazy tweakers all the time. I kind of have an idea of what they are capable of. I've been robbed once and only once by a gang of three crack addicts who decided to jump me at my drunkest alone outside my house on saint patricks day. Even I can admit that was a stupid move on my part.

I didn't see one single person in that video who wasn't fucking weak as hell get approached. Could you tell me why that is?

I mean like seriously, I'm getting replies from the most naive kids practically saying, "oh well then I guess if you're in an alley 1 mile away from the nearest city, and a kid with a gun is 10 feet away, and the kid also has a panzer tank, you're just gonna take him on 1v1 like an edgy badass huh? huh?" and trying to make me seem like it's impossible to avoid getting mugged because FOX news told them/their parents so.

Obviously if you put yourself in a stupid fucking spot, it's a lot easier to get robbed. If you're out in the open like in the video I linked, nobody is going to pull a fucking gun on you. If you're in an uber and the driver starts driving away from the city you're trying to get to, you'd have to be fucking retarded not to notice. Bring a map?
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-04 at 04:42 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Yeah and it cost 25 times as much as salt lake city, and thousands have been dispossessed to build a playing ground for some russian oligarchs.
    What relevance does its cost have to how well the Olympics were conducted? I was replying to a quote that said Sochi Olympics were the worst in Olympics history, which is patently untrue.

Separately, the exorbitant costs were partly mandated by the level of development that was required for the area - they were effectively building it from scratch, and the intent was not only to build an Olympics venue, but also to create a world-class resort for skiing (which they had succeeded in, even if the international tourism to Sochi currently is at a low point due to prevailing political winds). You also cannot compare it to Salt Lake Olympics directly since more people, more athletes and more nations participated in Sochi Olympics than in Salt Lake Olympics (though of course the cost increase was disproportionate to the attendance increase)

Way to underplay how fucking terrible it was. Not to mention the thousands of migrant workers FORCED TO BUILD WITH NO PAY.
    Do tell me just how fucking terrible it was. Re : Migrants - I hear some of the companies were forced to backpay them. In either case, how are migrant issues relevant to Olympics quality again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    What relevance does its cost have to how well the Olympics were conducted? I was replying to a quote that said Sochi Olympics were the worst in Olympics history, which is patently untrue.

Separately, the exorbitant costs were partly mandated by the level of development that was required for the area - they were effectively building it from scratch, and the intent was not only to build an Olympics venue, but also to create a world-class resort for skiing (which they had succeeded in, even if the international tourism to Sochi currently is at a low point due to prevailing political winds). You also cannot compare it to Salt Lake Olympics directly since more people, more athletes and more nations participated in Sochi Olympics than in Salt Lake Olympics (though of course the cost increase was disproportionate to the attendance increase)

Do tell me just how fucking terrible it was. Re : Migrants - I hear some of the companies were forced to backpay them. In either case, how are migrant issues relevant to Olympics quality again?
    Sochi was among the worst planned winter games in history and certainly the most corrupt one.

http://www.craneblogger.com/news/oly...rm/2009/12/16/

http://time.com/2828/sochi-winter-ol...mental-damage/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maxseddon/e...Q70#.lhv4peEDB

http://www.ibtimes.com/corruption-so...raphic-1554488

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ost-51-billion
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-08-04 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    A while back there were a lot of conversations about women getting sexually assaulted and harassed, and I was talking about personal responsibility, referring to how one behaves and what kind of trouble that behavior invites, and a lot of people were saying that it's victim blaming and that victims are always blameless and such a thing as personal responsibility doesn't exist.

Then I used the favelas in Brazil as an example; that if you go walking in the favelas, mouthing off at the gang bosses, it's kind of your fault when you get shot or decapitated, because, you know, personal responsibility. Actions lead to consequences.

Well, here we are. People in Brazil, walking around like dumb tourists, getting kidnapped and so on. Personal responsibility? Does it exist or not?

personal responsibility
    personal responsibility
    personal responsibility
    personal responsibility

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Can you link to the information? Many of them had backpacks which just seems kind of weird for a local.

Also, I see crazy tweakers all the time. I kind of have an idea of what they are capable of. I've been robbed once and only once by a gang of three crack addicts who decided to jump me at my drunkest alone outside my house on saint patricks day. Even I can admit that was a stupid move on my part.

I didn't see one single person in that video who wasn't fucking weak as hell get approached. Could you tell me why that is?

I mean like seriously, I'm getting replies from the most naive kids practically saying, "oh well then I guess if you're in an alley 1 mile away from the nearest city, and a kid with a gun is 10 feet away, and the kid also has a panzer tank, you're just gonna take him on 1v1 like an edgy badass huh? huh?" and trying to make me seem like it's impossible to avoid getting mugged because FOX news told them/their parents so.

Obviously if you put yourself in a stupid fucking spot, it's a lot easier to get robbed. If you're out in the open like in the video I linked, nobody is going to pull a fucking gun on you. If you're in an uber and the driver starts driving away from the city you're trying to get to, you'd have to be fucking retarded not to notice. Bring a map?
    Backpacks are pretty common around here, as a matter of fact I don't think I ever go out without mine. Like you said, this shit is old, they target mostly women because they're weaker and less prone to react/fight/run. But that doesn't mean they don't target stronger people and that doesn't mean they will be always unarmed.

I don't know where you are from, but we deal with this shit on a daily basis around here, if you start to react every single time, you will eventually get badly hurt or killed. Criminals do pull their guns in the open around here, double the chances if they're minors because even if they're caught the law can do shit about it.

I'm not telling you that evey criminal child will take a gun/knife and kill you. But there's no way to tell, and most people are afraid considering how we live around here. When you see videos of 13yo talking about how they "dislike killing innocent people" you will know the kind of shit we have to deal around here. There's no way to tell if they're alone (Most them aren't), or if they're just a bunch of poor desperate kids or dangerous.

This is Rio:

This is also Rio:

This is near São Paulo:

So yeah... My medical advice is to not engage against criminals around here, I don't care if you're Chuck Norris. If that's being a pussy, be a pussy.

I heard blacklivesmatter wants to start "protesting" there too.

Of this random collection of links, not a single one was written after the Olympics were conducted (the time when it would be appropriate to perform a post-factum quality assessment). As is, its just a random assembly of negative hype leading up to the Olympics (one of the articles is referencing a storm that destroyed a pier? Really?)

Water is wet.

I heard that LiiLoSNK eats bullets for breakfast and painted the word "total pussy" on the outside of his door.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Of this random collection of links, not a single one was written after the Olympics were conducted (the time when it would be appropriate to perform a post-factum quality assessment). As is, its just a random assembly of negative hype leading up to the Olympics (one of the articles is referencing a storm that destroyed a pier? Really?)
    Because it was already obvious facts before the games? You could come up with hundreds of links about the rampant corruption. And it wasn't a "pier" it was a whole harbour that was missplanned and destroyed. Fact is, the russian taxpayer payed dozens of billions to build a playing ground for a select few. Sochi was the most unsuitable place in the whole of russia. They needed the olympics as an excuse to dispossess people and build real estates for Putins buddies. It even surpassed the Beijing summer games, and summer games are 4 to 5 times bigger than winter games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    I heard that LiiLoSNK eats bullets for breakfast and painted the word "total pussy" on the outside of his door.
    I don't think you know how sarcasm works. I've also never heard of you so I can't comment on your diet or your outdoor wall decorations.

Shocking news, truly.

I don't think you know how sarcasm works. I've also never heard of you so I can't comment on your diet or your outdoor wall decorations.
    But do you know how sarcasm really works? I do not think so. What exactly does this type of sentence add? Nothing.

I like to eat unhealthy and I got a generic brown wooden door for my house. The only decoration is the carving in it. Does this sort of door make me a total pussy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, here we are. People in Brazil, walking around like dumb tourists, getting kidnapped and so on. Personal responsibility? Does it exist or not?
    People acting like tourists at a tourist event? nickcageudontsay.jpg
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Very smart to host it in a nation with some of the worst murder rates in the world, might as well pick Honduras, venuzuela or south africa next time.

How about Colombia? Free necktie with every ticket!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Jesus Christ I have a hard time taking people seriously who insistently call people "kid." That's like tactic number one of Internet tough guyism. Also I'm pretty sure you are full of shit.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    How about Colombia? Free necktie with every ticket!
    Colombia is also right up there when comparing highest murder rates and crime in the world so seems like just as good

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
    Backpacks are pretty common around here, as a matter of fact I don't think I ever go out without mine. Like you said, this shit is old, they target mostly women because they're weaker and less prone to react/fight/run. But that doesn't mean they don't target stronger people and that doesn't mean they will be always unarmed.

I don't know where you are from, but we deal with this shit on a daily basis around here, if you start to react every single time, you will eventually get badly hurt or killed. Criminals do pull their guns in the open around here, double the chances if they're minors because even if they're caught the law can do shit about it.

I'm not telling you that evey criminal child will take a gun/knife and kill you. But there's no way to tell, and most people are afraid considering how we live around here. When you see videos of 13yo talking about how they "dislike killing innocent people" you will know the kind of shit we have to deal around here. There's no way to tell if they're alone (Most them aren't), or if they're just a bunch of poor desperate kids or dangerous.

So yeah... My medical advice is to not engage against criminals around here, I don't care if you're Chuck Norris. If that's being a pussy, be a pussy.
    I can see that danger is significantly more present in brazil than it is here in the states, although depending on where you go, you can find videos and stories of the same exact things happening here.

Your medical advice is nothing short of completely accurate regardless of where you go. My point is that not everyone is just going to keel over and let a group of kids take all their stuff whenever they want. Your last sentence sums it up pretty well. If being a pussy is going to save your life, then be a pussy.

If I walk into a dark alley at night with nobody around to help me and 6 big G-Money type dudes come out with guns and want to take my shit, I'm going to pussy out and give them everything.

If I'm in a busy area in broad daylight and children are trying to take my phone, I'm backhanding them into the ground instead of standing and watching them walk off with my property like some of the pussies did in that video. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Jesus Christ I have a hard time taking people seriously who insistently call people "kid." That's like tactic number one of Internet tough guyism. Also I'm pretty sure you are full of shit.
    Did you have a point to make? I say kid because I have a hard time believing any adult would make such awful arguments when they have nothing to do with OP or anything I've said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    But do you know how sarcasm really works? I do not think so. What exactly does this type of sentence add? Nothing.

I like to eat unhealthy and I got a generic brown wooden door for my house. The only decoration is the carving in it. Does this sort of door make me a total pussy?
    You can't start a sentence with sarcasm and end the same sentence with sincerity. Grammar doesn't work that way. You'll do better next time. And yes if you eat unhealthy and have trouble describing your home you might be a "total pussy". Your posts have nothing to do with the thread so far and it's funny that I'll end up getting an infraction before you just for responding.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-04 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    The 3 people that were "kidnapped" are swedes. Read about them in the swedish newspaper. They left the uber/taxi to take some photos/film and then some man with a gun lead them away.
    The uber driver called the police which called some special force. Anyway when the police arrived the swedes had already been released after the "gangsters" or whatever looked at their photos.

But yeah, Brazil is a crazy place.

Edit:

Checked the news again and it seems they were journalists and some kids shot in the air and screamed that they should come out from the car.
    And the uber driver didnt stay and warn them about taking pictures as that was reported, he just left them.

And the 3 journalists says it have been blown up in proportion and wouldnt call it kidnapping themselves, which is true. It was more of a threat at gunpoint.

Sorry for crappy grammer and so on.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2016-08-04 at 06:32 PM.