Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Only thing that makes any sense to me is a console port.
    The new max distance is the same as console RPGs.
    If it's not that then the developers are just being spiteful assholes keeping this change.
    They'll probably prune even more spells/buttons after legion and port it to consoles.
    Healing seems to have been baselined already (steady damage, less spikey) so I can certainly see it happening in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats our right. In most companies that want to have a decent relationship with their customers they normally feel an obligation to clarify by communication. Blizzard's stance is to hide and see if the problem goes away.

The point is, the reasons they gave are poor and don't stand up to even the mildest criticism.

I'm basically thinking that anyone that supports Blizz on this is -
    a) Mindless sychophant that accepts and supports anything Lord Blizz throws at them
    b) Trolling for lols
    c) Genuinely stupid

Because I simply cannot see how anyone in their right mind can be so accepting of something so blatantly terrible. It takes all kinds though I guess.
    Yes... Because opinions other than your own are the mark of brainwashed trolls. "Blatantly Terrible" is subjective as an fyi. It's an opinion. My opinion is that the game doesn't need such a large camera distance. If that makes me a brainwashed troll then I guess you not accepting my opinion makes you a closed minded hater that will shit on anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It was there added reason that pissed me off.

All they had to say is "We don't want it" but no they said "We don't want it because X,Y,Z" and X,Y,Z made no fucken sense because of how long its been there.
    If your only argument is "It's been like this for 12 years" then you say "they should just say they don't want it" then add a caveat of "their reasons suck" then I think you're the one with the issue. I agree with their reasons plain and simple. People that are freaking out about this are blowing it waaaaaayyyyy out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Wow I didn't even think of that. Totally makes sense. That would actually alleviate some of my concerns, as it's actually a decent reason compared to the rubbish we've been told for a change that really dramatically changes the way many of us perceive every aspect of the game, 12 years after being totally ok with it.
    Most of the people that were working on the game 12 years ago have either transitioned into management rolls, other IPs, or have left the company completely. They aren't making the design decisions. The length of time the feature has been in the game is a moot point. I don't see WoW ever going to consoles btw... It's too old to hold up against other console RPGs and the combat style doesn't fit consoles at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Just a tip if you want immersion and be able to see the whole dragon without problems: zoom in and tilt your camera upwards. You'll also see him from the (apparently) intended POV. Can't really do that effectively in combat though
    That isn't really a tip when we've been tilting and adjusting cameras for years though. I also did try to move the camera every which and it either made it worse in some way or didn't do anything that made it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Yes... Because opinions other than your own are the mark of brainwashed trolls. "Blatantly Terrible" is subjective as an fyi. It's an opinion. My opinion is that the game doesn't need such a large camera distance. If that makes me a brainwashed troll then I guess you not accepting my opinion makes you a closed minded hater that will shit on anything different.
    How does other people having a larger zoom than you want detrimentally affect you? It doesn't. Thats the problem I have with people like you banging on about it. Go and play in first person, I won't moan about you doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    I see about 24k from Curse and 500 from WoWI. Which other sources do people use to download addons these days?

For the record I hate this change and desperately want back the camera zoom I've been using for over a decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Curse.com

24646 atm

For sure it's a good chunk, but it would be counter productive to try and use this number as an argument for blizzard to revert the cam distance change. If anything, it's kind of a proof that not so many people have a problem with the new zoom.

20k, 40k, even 100k is not enough. Its nowhere near the rage over the no fly thing that blizzard took more than a year to reconsider. Judging by that, blizzard is not going to revert this change any time soon
    WoWAce - 29,198 ( https://www.wowace.com/addons/maxcam/ - Was first link in the OP)
    Curse - 27,314 ( https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/maxcam - Not 100% sure if it counts those through client. Mine never seem to go up when I do)
    WoWInterface - 458 ( http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info24111-MaxCam.html - Not a lot here, but still counts)
    -----------------------
    56,970 total so far in just 3 days now?

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    Wowace and Curse are the same thing. You are double counting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Eh, WoWAce and Curse numbers are drastically different. They are similar, but different. Curse owns them, but their downloads are still separate from Curse. For instance WoWAce doesn't have DBM, but curse does. Are you sure you aren't thinking Curseforge?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    WoWAce - 29,198 ( https://www.wowace.com/addons/maxcam/ - Was first link in the OP)
    Curse - 27,314 ( https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/maxcam - Not 100% sure if it counts those through client. Mine never seem to go up when I do)
    WoWInterface - 458 ( http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info24111-MaxCam.html - Not a lot here, but still counts)
    -----------------------
    56,970 total so far in just 3 days now?

Eh, WoWAce and Curse numbers are drastically different. They are similar, but different. Curse owns them, but their downloads are still separate from Curse. For instance WoWAce doesn't have DBM, but curse does. Are you sure you aren't thinking Curseforge?
    Wowace and CurseForge are functionally equivalent and use the same underlying code base at this point as far as I can tell. It is up to the project owner which site they want to create the project on. You'll notice that a build on a CurseForge project goes through the Wowace Packager and you have to check the status of Packager through its own Wowace project page actually.

They both feed into Curse just the same and the download count on Curse is the same it just updates slower so can take awhile to catch up with the count you see on the underlying project page. Someone like Torhal could clarify this definitively.

Curse client downloads must be included in the total. I see about 200k downloads when I push an update in the first few days and those certainly aren't all coming from direct downloads.

From what I can see the wowinterface and curse sites "duplicate" download data so you need to take one, not add them together. Any discrepancy is apparently because curse updates slower.

Regardless, 30k downloads in 2 days for an addon that doesn't have much "penetration" shows theres quite a lot of discontent with limited zoom. I'm sort of curious to see if the downloads take off as more people become aware or plateau. I also suspect Blizz may be watching with interest because its actually not a terrible barometer for them.

From what I can see the wowinterface and curse sites "duplicate" download data so you need to take one, not add them together. Any discrepancy is apparently because curse updates slower.

Regardless, 30k downloads in 2 days for an addon that doesn't have much "penetration" shows theres quite a lot of discontent with limited zoom. I'm sort of curious to see if the downloads take off as more people become aware or plateau. I also suspect Blizz may be watching with interest because its actually not a terrible barometer for them.
    I think you meant to say wowace not wowinterface. WoWI is completely distinct and different and it's download counts come either from it directly or through Minion as far as I can tell.

Regardless 30k sadly isn't that much for an add-on getting front page real estate on MMO-C. Look at an add-on like Master Plan or DBM in comparison. Either those when compared to the overall number of players aren't all that substantial a percentage of the player base. I think the fear that this add-on is an "exploit" is also preventing a lot of players from trying it out as well.

Sadly I think it will take a lot more than this to get Blizzard to change course. Such a frustrating restriction after years and years of comfortable max zoom.

Have they hotfixed this yet?

10+ Year Old Account

I'm bad at math, but 30k of x million subscribers is a very low percentage

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I'm bad at math, but 30k of x million subscribers is a very low percentage
    Not everybody will know about the addon (its been out for 2 days)
    At the moment our guild logs in once a week for 2 hours to clear bosses that drop mounts many others are in the same situation.

Yes, its a tiny percentage. Sometimes you need to look past %'s and decide if pissing off the population of a small town is worth what you are trying to achieve with the change.

Thats our right. In most companies that want to have a decent relationship with their customers they normally feel an obligation to clarify by communication. Blizzard's stance is to hide and see if the problem goes away.

The point is, the reasons they gave are poor and don't stand up to even the mildest criticism.

I'm basically thinking that anyone that supports Blizz on this is -
    a) Mindless sychophant that accepts and supports anything Lord Blizz throws at them
    b) Trolling for lols
    c) Genuinely stupid

Because I simply cannot see how anyone in their right mind can be so accepting of something so blatantly terrible. It takes all kinds though I guess.
    Another stupid fanboy rant from someone ignorant, willingly or otherwise as to what it means.
    You decide anyone supporting blizzard's view on a single narrow subject is a fanboy, which by definition can never be dictated by that.
    If you think we shouldn't call the community stupid, then stop being a prime example of what is wrong with it.

Sensible people will pick out a specific example where the awareness of something they should be aware of is being impeded by the reduced zoom.
    What most actually did was a general claim that the game as a whole was simply unplayable for a given role.
    That is what made the community look stupid, and what killed blizzard's enthusiasm for discussion.
    Behaviour like your own isn't helping either, dictating that what blizzard say can't be right, simply because you say so.
    Rather than actually trying to come up with an argument, you go straight to mudslinging not just at those responsible for the decision you dislike, childish in itself, but at everyone else not sharing your immature viewpoint.

Disagree with a decision, give a reason why it is wrong.
    Instead of lashing out at everyone else.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-04 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Another stupid fanboy rant from someone ignorant, willingly or otherwise as to what it means.
    You decide anyone supporting blizzard's view on a single narrow subject is a fanboy, which by definition can never be dictated by that.
    If you think we shouldn't call the community stupid, then stop being a prime example of what is wrong with it.
    How can you possibly support a decision when the majority of the explanation they gave is false?

If you still support it *on that basis* then yes, you're a fan boy.

So, right back at you.

How can you possibly support a decision when the majority of the explanation they gave is false?

If you still support it *on that basis* then yes, you're a fan boy.

So, right back at you.
    It is false simply because you say it is.
    A fanboy can't be defined by a single narrow subject, just proving my point.
    Go on, continue being an idiot.

Blizzard say it can give an unfair visibility advantage, which by the argument here of the reduced zoom reducing visibility is proven, FACT.
    If anyone complains about then now having more difficulty or an inability to see something, then that proves that a greater zoom allows you to see more.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-04 at 08:20 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    This addon is hilarious. I find it funny that it lets you zoom out even farther than you could before the patch. That's what Blizzard gets for doing this. You get people who make addons just going around what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    This addon is hilarious. I find it funny that it lets you zoom out even farther than you could before the patch. That's what Blizzard gets for doing this. You get people who make addons just going around what they do.
    An addon exploiting something clearly not intended, though I could argue the intent of this is to get it fixed even quicker.
    So believe what you want, but this is had just the opposite effect in speeding up blizzard's fixing of that issue.
    So your point is what now ?

By "sticking it to the man" you shot yourself in the foot.
    Well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    An addon exploiting something clearly not intended, though I could argue the intent of this is to get it fixed even quicker.
    So believe what you want, but this is had just the opposite effect in speeding up blizzard's fixing of that issue.
    So your point is what now ?

By "sticking it to the man" you shot yourself in the foot.
    Well done.
    I still believe that they'll go back to putting the camera to the way it was before legion. It's so bad the way it is now. I don't like having my character so close while I'm fighting a raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see them eventually remove all addons. I always felt like using them was cheating. Maybe this will give blizz the excuse they need.

somebody just forgot to disallow negative values when they changed the variable for camera distance; it'll get fixed before long

fun to play around with though

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I'd like to see them eventually remove all addons. I always felt like using them was cheating. Maybe this will give blizz the excuse they need.
    Yeah, that'll never happen.
    Addons are a big part of the game and for me, one of the reasons WoW is so great.