Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There are ways around that particular problem, as Largehorn mentioned.

I'll be curious to see how it turns out. It may encourage faster night phases, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Ugh.... deleted the post while trying to "edit" it >.>

I also need to recalibrate my phone's touch screen...

Again yes but there are other ways to manipulate roles and abilities to balance that out.

Please don't take the example I made as a definitive THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THIS GAME IS GOING TO WORK. It was just meant to generally explain what I meant by order of submission.
    Yea i understand it, but I can't see a way this would benefit anyone but the scum because it could effectively give them a strongman kill. On the macro level it would make it exceedingly easy to claim to be a protective role and then never have to "prove it" by not having the obvious target die since it could always be explained with "I guess i put in my protection too late".

10+ Year Old Account
    The entertainment had arrived. Signing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Not signing up:

Please note that by allowing order of actions to be determined by when they are submitted, you've given mafia extreme advantage. They strategize what their action(s) will be during day, and then they have one mafia member (anyone who will be available at the time day ends) immediately submit their action(s) when night begins. They are (if they do this right) guaranteed to always have action priority.
    I disagree with this because there are simple and easy ways to remove that advantage like I have already said. But I understand the hesitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Yea i understand it, but I can't see a way this would benefit anyone but the scum because it could effectively give them a strongman kill. On the macro level it would make it exceedingly easy to claim to be a protective role and then never have to "prove it" by not having the obvious target die since it could always be explained with "I guess i put in my protection too late".
    But at the same time in a "normal" game you can just claim to have protected another target. Yes there is a little more "room" to move but I feel it's on pair with "I didn't believe them and I screwed up".

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    I
    But at the same time in a "normal" game you can just claim to have protected another target. Yes there is a little more "room" to move but I feel it's on pair with "I didn't believe them and I screwed up".
    You can, but it makes you suspicious because you have to admit fault whereas you aren't required to here.

- - - Updated - - -

All I am saying is that if you make the game this way you need to take it into account that it puts the TPR's at a disadvantage and try to balance it around that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll be watching from the sidelines. I feel this pull to play, but I'm not ready yet.

But I'll be pinging Large for the dead thread

I think it could give mafia an advantage (depending on the makeup of people in it), but without full rolecards yet it'll be hard to tell, as Large mentioned in the first post. I think it could give this an interesting flavor, but this seems like it would be extremely hard to balance properly. I wonder what Large has up his sleeve?
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

7+ Year Old Account
    Signing up. Game 2 for me, go go

- - - Updated - - -

Ill be visiting family the first 3 days of the game... lets hope that doesnt screw me.

Deleted
    Sign me up please

Sign me up!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm debating if I have time to play another game before my federal audit starts up and has me working 60 hour weeks again for a couple months. I'll decide before Monday but tentatively...yes...?

Maybe I won't get killed night 1, damn you virothe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Not signing up:

Please note that by allowing order of actions to be determined by when they are submitted, you've given mafia extreme advantage. They strategize what their action(s) will be during day, and then they have one mafia member (anyone who will be available at the time day ends) immediately submit their action(s) when night begins. They are (if they do this right) guaranteed to always have action priority.
    Hopefully he will negate this by requiring a certain person to submit, otherwise the potential for abuse is very high.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with the rule, it may work out poorly or may work out well only time will tell, but there are lots of ideas in mafia games that sound like they might be a bad idea, but then end up being fun. It's just usually the mod doesn't tell us about them and we find out later. I imagine people would have said it was a bad idea to make a game where everyone is their own faction/a vt if foxxi had told us thats what it would be, but instead we got a game I'll never forget. Not saying this should be an every game thing but fun ideas like this as one offs are always a good idea imo just to change things up.

Just hopefully it's done right, like as Arialla said, only one mafia being able to give night actions which I assume was going to be the case as it often is anyway.

Just be warned that meta gaming will be a thing. People that are active near deadline, if they get a kill past a doctor the doctor will simply narrow it down to people that were online before him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, although then he might do that and it turns out the kill didn't get past him, it was just a double tap, or he was role blocked, or he was wrong about who was online etc. So it will happen, but it might not be succesful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Just be warned that meta gaming will be a thing. People that are active near deadline, if they get a kill past a doctor the doctor will simply narrow it down to people that were online before him.
    Good reason for town to work towards a strategic timed lynch

10+ Year Old Account
    Fainted for the first time in my life today, twice. Scary stuff.

Got up from my bed and felt extremely dizzy and suddenly BANG im on the floor. No idea how I got there, but I felt it, although pain didn't last long. Then I tried to walk out and get help and BANG on the floor again. Also, no idea how I got there. Just lucky I had people home, and wasn't driving.

10+ Year Old Account
    D: Sounds bad Crackle. Gone to a doctor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    D: Sounds bad Crackle. Gone to a doctor?
    Doctor came to me. My father is a doctor, said I was fine, just low blood pressure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see! Well that's good then. My sister used to faint from low blood pressure too, she just started eating more salt and was fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Doctor came to me. My father is a doctor, said I was fine, just low blood pressure.
    You mean these games don't get your blood pressure up? :-P

But seriously glad to hear you're ok