Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Aside from the balance concerns and end-of-expac-blues that exist in every expansion, I would say MoP was decent. The only real negative for me was that the art style felt very same-y to me within the expansion. Even ToT, which was the Troll raid, still felt like a Panda raid. All the zones featured green as one of its primary colors. Raids were overall well designed, but only a couple fights really stood out (Lei Shen, Seigecrafter Blackfuse).

MOP was a solid expac. Some of the leveling got annoying and cringey at times but overall it was a fun time. The one bad thing was SOO being out way too long but that's always been the case with the final raid of an expac.

I didnt care much for the chinese theme, but that is more of a personal thing rather than anything legitimitely bad about the way they portrayed it. MoP is perhaps my favorite expansion they have made so far, with the exception of the length of SoO.

Also people saying we will adore WoD after Legion release, no, just no. It is the same with Cataclysm, I still regard that as an overall disappointment, mostly because of how lackluster Dragon Soul was. The questing there was great though, and it was as well in WoD, however with WoD only having 1 major content patch and the longest wait yet, beating the previous one which already blew the meters not long ago. WoD is not going to be one I will look back at fondly for a long, long time.

Dailies...Blizzard thought we liked them so much that they removed the limit too..

I pretty much loved MoP. It seemed to me like after cata Blizzard realized how much the player base disliked the direction the game was going and tried to right the ship with MoP. Having the storytelling effect of WoTLK and the attempt at stabilizing class abilities (nominally, My destro lock was nigh on unkillable throughout the expansion anywhere and everywhere, even one shot mechanics were by bypassed). The theme was fun, the story wasn't a convoluted thing (basic knowledge of eastern philosophies went a long way here) Player/class identity within the lore (dealing face to face with lore characters such as Wrathion and Anduin one on one was good) was perfect. Raids were decent, though could have been better (screw you Tortos!!) World content was fine. I personally didn't mind the dailies, but I understand the hatred. World bosses were super enjoyable. I have nothing but fond memories of the place.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
    MoP wasnt great but because how bad WoD is it makes MoP look like a great xpack
    Some of us enjoyed MoP while it was live. :P

I now look back even more positively and wonder why Blizzard didn't take more ideas from MoP to make WoD better...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    It was awesome expac - but all those months of SoO ... fuck that.
    I would have given it 8/10, but the content drought brings it to 6/10.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Saying that MoP pandered to the Chinese audience is like saying that if they did a Wild West expac that they'd be pandering to their American audience. Sure, we'd think it was cool I suppose, but no more cool than a variety of other themes they could use.
    Not to mention Wild West wouldn't pander to all Americans.

I'd barf and quit the game. XD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Class mechanics. Mists completely destroyed class mechanics that WotLK and Cata had perfected. Spec-locking spells and the Warlock revamp were two of the worst things to happen to the game, and MoP will always hold the title as worst expansion to me because of it.

Additionally, Mists had only one good raid (Throne), the rest were completely terrible and unfun from beginning to end. The zones were very lackluster in enjoyment (they were pretty, that's about it). The daily system was a joke. PvP was at its worst state in the game's history. And then the 14 months of Siege.

I don't care about Pandas, it's the rest of the expansion that I hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    McDonalds had pasta and fried chicken? I knew they had the chicken wings at one point, but other fried chicken pieces also.
    I'm more surprised about the fact that they have forks.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Saying that MoP pandered to the Chinese audience is like saying that if they did a Wild West expac that they'd be pandering to their American audience. Sure, we'd think it was cool I suppose, but no more cool than a variety of other themes they could use.
    Everyone knows that WotLK was just pandering to the Scandinavian audience and totally ripped off How To Train Your Dragon.

Threads like this remind me that. No matter what folks say, there is always someone saying something else.

For some, MOP was the worst, for others WoD.

I loved MoP, my main is a pandaren monk Mistweaver. I love the healing style and the aestethic. Others will hate it, and say they have no place in this game. (sorry, but they were introduced in WC3, which means, yep, they have as much place here as the Undead. (Also, illidan's warglaives in WC3 have a panda on them).

I also loved WoD, as a player, to explore Outlands that was untouched was great.

My least favorite expac. Vanilla and TBC. It was the height of my raiding career, but I did not care for the endless attunements, nor the fact that we had to steal members from guilds that were less progressed then us, as opposed to new players, crippling them, just because they had more gear then a new player would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I never understand what people disliked about MoP. It was a new asthetic, came with a new race and class, was choc-full of story, plenty of raids, heaps of stuff to do, good patch cadence up to the SoO drought... I loved Pandaria.
    It was not alt friendly.

It was very gated.

In the past you could level a character 100% through PvP... or maybe you had an alt with 2 collecting/farming professions. If you hit 90 with said alt... you STILL had to go back and do very specific quests to get to the main hub. Could you wall jump around to get to the main hub... yes. But it begs the question why bother gating (literally) people off to begin with.

While you had a lot to do (I still have reps/mounts I want to get from MoP) you were limited again by daily caps. Now daily caps weren't new. But we never really had all that much RELEVANT content in the past to make us take notice.

As far as cadence goes, I think it progressed a little too quickly. But that's my personal OPINION, and quite frankly too quickly is far better than too slow *cough* WoD (why am I still subbed?)

I really liked MoP. I liked everything about it. It was a refreshing change from defending Azeroth from attack by who or what ever, and the raids and dungeons were good. The questing was excellent and the Pandaren starting experience was fantastic. I loved the scenery and music. I liked WoD a lot too because it gave me more things to do that didn't depend on being in a group. I love the Garrison. It's an extension on the Farm in MoP which I found to be fun. However, in WoD I ran out of things to do faster than I did in MoP. I even liked the gated structure of the daily quests in MoP. It made perfect sense to me to establish a home base first before venturing forth into new areas. As a Hunter, the trackable pets were a huge bonus. For me, there was nothing wrong with MoP, especially in it's original form. I wasn't a fan of a lot of the changes that came later.

For me, MoP was the second best expansion. Only topped by WotLK.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Luckily, they didn't make an entire expansion about just "pandas" then, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

In fairness, I would say Blizzard implemented a Pandaren design that people weren't expecting. You look at some of the art created for them and you see some badass bears! Instead, people got bouncy, lovable bears instead. That's where I feel the hate comes from. Sadly, it tend to blind people.
    yeah you're right, "mists of pandaria" wasnt an expansion about pandas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Thanks!

If you're that bothered by someone asking how much attention you paid during an expac you stated you hate, then I think you need to rethink your time on internet forums, because this is hardly anything all that bad.

Like I said before, this could have been much much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did anyone say the "entire" Pandaren race was teamed up with us, in the game? I'll say, they are one of the most united peoples in the game, that's for certain without a doubt, but that doesn't mean some can't be pissed off at outsiders.

Not to mention the Sha influencing some of them. We fight Pandaren in dungeons throughout the game, unfortunately I didn't get to experience every raid of MoP so I'll have to check up on Panda raid bosses.

When it comes to Human raid bosses, I'm surprised that one poster actually asked me about them... This is WoW and humans and Orcs have one of the longest runnings as raid bosses/dungeon bosses, since the years of Vanilla WoW.
    jesus christ
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

MoP was okay. I don't like it or hate it. I'm pretty neutral on it looking back. It had a good amount of content, new themes, and some cool stuff (loved the sha).

My main issues were:

Reliance on dailies for things
    Way too long for SoO (an orc raid), which led us into an entire orc expansion. So the "asian" "panda" "martial arts" type theme has nearly been forgotten by me b/c of how much orc has been shoved down our throats.

MoP was pretty good overall even after the fact that the asian theme doesn't appeal to me at all. They must have done something right. Cata/WoD were both promising and I had quite high hopes especially for WoD, but I'd say at the end those two have been the worst expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    The theme of the expansion and having to raid my own city..
    This. If the expansion wasn't just so ridiculously pandaren focused until end game and even later, I wouldn't have minded it. But that one thing out me off enough to not like an otherwise exceptional expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I can't think of much I didn't like about MoP. To me, it was easily on par with WotLK, better than BC and Cataclysm, and miles above WoD.

If I really, really had to nitpick though.

- dungeons were done poorly. It was probably the worst expansion pre-WoD for a person who plays WoW to enjoy dungeons.
    - scenarios were a failed idea
    - pet battles divided the community initially. Now people barely talk about pet battles in WoW
    - PvP was in a bad spot. Heavily favored Alliance even worse than WoD did. WoDs response with new racials came because of MoPs imbalance.
    - the tier armor for SoO is aesthetically the worst to come to WoW so far. In fact, a lot of people think MoP was the worst expansion when it came to tier sets. The armor just didn't look good or appealing on any class except Monk obviously. However, the PvP armor in MoP was freaking. Beast.

Deleted
    In my opinion, Mists of Pandaria is the expansion I love the most. The ambiant, the music, the Pandarens (waiting seven f***** years to play them!), the background, the story, travelling with Chen and Li Li Stormstout, the daily quests with theirs special missions, etc.. Everytime I go in Pandaria, I still visit my farm in Halfhill and feel a big nostalgia feeling...

I love too the fact It has not a big bad dark badguy final boss who want to destroy the world in the beginning. The idea of "You're your greatest ennemy." is quite refreshing, with Taran Zhu who hate us for freeing the Shas and bringing wars on his lands and not licking our a** as many NPCs (if not ALL) do . I mean, to be honest, I'm a little tired of the "Ho no! A new ennemy comes to exterminate everything good in the universe! Please hero, save the day! You're so powerfull, great, intelligent, with your huge and badass sword and your penis who pierce the heaven!" theme.

But if I must nickpick :
    - Scenarios : Could be way better.
    - Siege of Orgrimmar : Too long and I find It's petty to not have a final raid in Pandaria. We could have Y'Shaarj or Lei Shen as a good final boss.