Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Can't retcon if it still exists in current games. Retcon implies it was also removed. The story didn't retcon the fact that his desire to destroy the legion was selfish.
    True enough. But I guess If they ever going to update our Outland they probably will retcon it, as it stands now Outland is completely outdated.

Deleted
    1) This was way too short - They could've showcased a lot more about how the Illidari has been "prepared", instead of simply stabbing their own eyes..
    2) The "prepared meme" is retarded, please stop using it whenever Illidan is involved.
    3) It basically showcased nothing we didn't already know. I haven't read a single book related to Illidan, but this wasn't any surprise to me. Maybe it's to give an idea for new DHs wtf they are doing when they zone in the first time after creation; They've been let loose on a demon planet.

It gave me chills however the "prepared" saying is beaten and broken dead. I wish more insight was given on the Demon Hunters themselves for those who are just beginning WoW in Legion. But I guess not much to expect from a short.

Deleted
    Haven't read a single post yet but this is already at 4 pages. I'm sure that's more than the other Harbinger threads.

50% Demon Hunter class population incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well from a lore stand point high elves and night elves are from the same background so he didn't go to far off. Just seems like he's not looking boarder afield for recruits, can understand wanting more immortal races, but ones like draenei, forsaken and maybe even trolls who are also elf descendants would fit the bill.
    He wasn't really looking for recruits at all. Originally he brought in a handful of Night Elves that were already trained, and then Kael'thas gave him... five, I think?... five or six Blood Elves to train, of which only two survived, one of whom went insane. Then the one remaining sane Blood Elf essentially took over training other of Kael's followers in a plan to simply mass produce Demon Hunters.

So really, the vast majority of Illidari Demon Hunters should be Blood Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its just me, but Illidan comes off as being kinda racist.

Old-school night elves are highly xenophobic, yes. That is not a secret.

Maybe its just me, but Illidan comes off as being kinda racist. Not going sjw or anything, but you'd think in forming his own army to take on the legion, his whole shtick about 'we will sacrifice anything to defeat the legion', you would think he'd look to bringing more into his cult to strike against the legion, but instead he decided to only stick to his own race.
    I think only elves really fit the requirements though. Demon hunters have to be both powerful magically and highly agile. There's not really any other race that has both of those qualities.

I thought this and the Khadgar one were very underwhelming.

These animated shorts aren't nearly as good as the Burdens of Shaohao or the Lords of War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I think only elves really fit the requirements though. Demon hunters have to be both powerful magically and highly agile. There's not really any other race that has both of those qualities.
    Doesn't seem to stop every other race but worgen/goblins being monks. I notice how there is a lot of emphasis on what makes a demon hunter, the fel magics around it, the resilience they require, the sacrifice and ritual they go through. I dunno it just bothers me how they can put so much focus into one class like this, down to what races can be them, but with monks they established nothing of the chi magics surrounding it or the spiritual nature of the class, just hurr dee Durr everyone can be one Derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The ship has sailed.

#FuckTyrande2016
    #Korvas2016
    I laughed too hard at this! LMFAO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Old-school night elves are highly xenophobic, yes. That is not a secret.
    I guess when we get down to it, illidan is as old school as it comes, while every other night elf advanced, he kinda remained the same, in his outlook.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess when we get down to it, illidan is as old school as it comes, while every other night elf advanced, he kinda remained the same, in his outlook.
    Pretty much. He sat isolated in a cell for 10,000 years, after all.

Doesn't seem to stop every other race but worgen/goblins being monks. I notice how there is a lot of emphasis on what makes a demon hunter, the fel magics around it, the resilience they require, the sacrifice and ritual they go through. I dunno it just bothers me how they can put so much focus into one class like this, down to what races can be them, but with monks they established nothing of the chi magics surrounding it or the spiritual nature of the class, just hurr dee Durr everyone can be one Derp.
    I really dislike how they handled the monk class and I'm glad they're taking a better approach with demon hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The ship has sailed.

#FuckTyrande2016
    #Korvas2016
    she is not too pretty. at least she is slim, but I can't imagine Illidan getting over Tyrande. and if he does it one day then he should pick up some pretty priestess for himself. hmm on the other hand, Illidari are quite obedient, so yes, she would make a good housewife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    lol.. he's a night elf, he's meant to be handsome, what is ugly is the scars and the demonic growths like claws and wings and spikey black horns that make an otherwise handsome face more monsterish. His face isn't distorted by the fel energies, - it is also supposed to look quite cool , at least to me
    Malfurion is a night elf but he is an ugly fuck

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    she is not too pretty. at least she is slim, but I can't imagine Illidan getting over Tyrande. and if he does it one day then he should pick up some pretty priestess for himself. hmm on the other hand, Illidari are quite obedient, so yes, she would make a good housewife.
    Serving up a nice, raw, still-beating heart of a felbeast for dinner. She'd be a real prize.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the 3 Harbingers Shorts, but they re really short and there isnt much story to tell, thats why I think they re little bit plain.
    Would have loved more animation shorts maybe about Genn, Varien/Anduin or a short about Khadgar and Tirion discussing something.
    They re nice, but nothing compared to the WoD shorts. But I think its nice that Blizz is bringing so much before Legion.
    I need a weekly or monthly short animations forever, would be very cool.

Deleted
    I legitimately cried tears at this video. I'm so happy. SO HAPPY.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Serving up a nice, raw, still-beating heart of a felbeast for dinner. She'd be a real prize.
    I can quite imagine it, pumping some delicious creme through heart chambers. best squirt in 10k years. I give a blindly 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    I legitimately cried tears at this video. I'm so happy. SO HAPPY.
    I mean no disrespect but if you truly cried anything during this video, then maybe a chit chat with a professional would not be a bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Honestly this whole thing is stupid unless Illidan is outright lying to them to rally them. Illidan wasn't on Outland building an army to attack the Legion to protect Azeroth. It was always stated right from his mouth that everything he was doing was to protect his own ass from them because KJ wanted him dead for failing to kill the LK.
    From his mouth? Source?

Anyway it's not like it's relevant, Blizz themselves have said TBC's lore is a bit wishy washy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but troll, undead, orcs and the others, they HATE Illidan. They wouldn't follow him when this cinematic is taking place. That is not to say that they can't do it now. though.
    Why would thoise races hate Illidan?