Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Priest and no Devensive Personal Cooldowns

Why isn't there a bigger outcry for a defensive personal cooldown from the priest community? We are the only healing class without.

It's the one thing I feel we miss the most, and I cant find any reasoning why we don't have any.

If you strike me down,I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. holy priest motto

In Legion, we will have Vestments of Discipline. When you get it to 3/3 your fade reduces your damage by 10% for 6 sec. You also have PW:S which reduces damage on yourself, you don't always need to put it on a tank. Also in Legion, you can spec into Share in the Light which puts a bubble on you every time you put a bubble on someone else; it's only 15% of what your bubble was but it's better than nothing especially if you have 3/3 of Shield of Faith.
    Stay weird. Stay strong and beautiful. It's those uniquenesses, those things that make us different that makes us powerful. Live to defy.

It has been brought up. I've posted here and on the beta feedback as have plenty of others but it just hasn't been addressed by Blizzard. But yeah I was just wondering about that again with Holy Paladins getting their combat horse baseline. At least Discipline gets some kind of DR (even though its not very good) to pair with Angelic Feathers. Holy has to choose between their only personal CD and their only movement options. It's kind of a big deal now that every other healer gets BOTH a personal cd and a movement ability baseline and we have neither (no focused will doesn't count past questing).

Deleted
    1min cooldown "You gain 2 Focused Will stacks for 5 seconds"

Or if that's too powerful, a passive talent "When you summon Shadowfiend or Mindbender, create a malicious, invulnerable copy of it that attacks you twice. This can happen every 3 minutes"
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-08-03 at 04:13 PM.

currently, Im doing a lot of bgs as holy. at the moment my heal output of the holy words and the kick of the holy fart keeps me alive. i believe with honor talents and artifact we can get some nice heal output and that's why we dont have "many" def cds, so I dont want to make any assumptions.

nevertheless, I believe we need fear back, holy form should give at least interrupt immunity or something like that. at the moment it's really weak and just a gimmick. and the holy fart should have a 30 second cd to bring it in line with typhoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    other healer gets BOTH a personal cd and a movement ability baseline and we have neither
    we are priests, we live to suffer. giving us something we would want would be very counterproductive.thus, I believe to buff us priests the best way is to give the resto druid another cc AND pom on half the cd we have.
    Last edited by Eliessa; 2016-08-03 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played Holy since vanilla. I miss my Pwd:Shield. Out there in the big bad world, all by myself, I go to shield myself...but alas...it is no longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Krstl View Post
    In Legion, we will have Vestments of Discipline. When you get it to 3/3 your fade reduces your damage by 10% for 6 sec. You also have PW:S which reduces damage on yourself, you don't always need to put it on a tank. Also in Legion, you can spec into Share in the Light which puts a bubble on you every time you put a bubble on someone else; it's only 15% of what your bubble was but it's better than nothing especially if you have 3/3 of Shield of Faith.

How does that help holy in any way?

It has been brought up. I've posted here and on the beta feedback as have plenty of others but it just hasn't been addressed by Blizzard. But yeah I was just wondering about that again with Holy Paladins getting their combat horse baseline. At least Discipline gets some kind of DR (even though its not very good) to pair with Angelic Feathers. Holy has to choose between their only personal CD and their only movement options. It's kind of a big deal now that every other healer gets BOTH a personal cd and a movement ability baseline and we have neither (no focused will doesn't count past questing)
    Yes, that exactly what i was thinking

The title of this thread is HEALING priest.... discs heal....

If you wanted info on just Holy priest, you should have made the thread say Holy priest healing.
    Stay weird. Stay strong and beautiful. It's those uniquenesses, those things that make us different that makes us powerful. Live to defy.

Yes, and you replied to one of those priest specs and i replied that it doesn't help holy. So we agree that especially holy is in need of some personal cooldowns then? I am sorry if I confused you with the tittle, I shall try to be more clear next time.

Even so, 10% is a bit lackluster i think compared to other healing classes i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    If you strike me down,I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
    ...For fifteen seconds. After which, I'll die like a bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...For fifteen seconds. After which, I'll die like the bitch I am.
    It is still fucking strong. 15 seconds of cc/interrupt free healing.

Holypriest here.
    My personal solution for the defensive cooldown need is this macro which casts HW: Serenity on myself:

Code:
    /cast [@player] Holy Word: Serenity
    This button actually replaced my Desperate Prayer button. I found I crave for running fast in cities too much, and cannot live without a speed boost, even if it means giving up on Desperate Prayer. It also has a much shorter cooldown than Desperate Prayer, and heals for much more. So it's actually not half bad at the job. Though I suggest players who don't need that speed boost as much as I might use both solutions.

Obviously, this is not a terribly awesome cooldown or anything as damage is cruel and dangerous, and when you find yourself stunned, feared, and locked out of the holy school, it's not gonna save you. Also, since I also use HW: Serenity for healing, most of the time it's gonna be on, well, cooldown. Still... I found it pretty much works. Paired up with Guardian Spirit I can hold off my death for at least ... 5-6 seconds. Yay?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

holy priest and personal defense? lei shen says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jueles View Post
    I have played Holy since vanilla. I miss my Pwd:Shield. Out there in the big bad world, all by myself, I go to shield myself...but alas...it is no longer there.
    Used to have Desperate Prayer too. Used to have Lightwell. Used to have PW:S. PoM also used to be instant cast. Used to always have Circle of Healing*. Use to always have Binding Heal. They took a sledgehammer to Holy Priest regarding PvP.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-08-05 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Used to have Desperate Prayer too. Used to have Lightwell. Used to have PW:S. PoM also used to be instant cast. Used to always have Circle of Having. Use to always have Binding Heal. They took a sledgehammer to Holy Priest regarding PvP.
    but now we have an instant that hits like a truck on short cd and with some procc luck even extremely short. I guess that's something..

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...For fifteen seconds. After which, I'll die like a bitch.
    Surrender to Sanity?
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Used to have Desperate Prayer too. Used to have Lightwell. Used to have PW:S. PoM also used to be instant cast. Used to always have Circle of Healing*. Use to always have Binding Heal. They took a sledgehammer to Holy Priest regarding PvP.
    DP, CoH and BH are talents (yeah, they are not baseline).

PoM is instant cast with a pvp talent.

But yes, I agree, holy priests are so easy to train and kill right now. I think they are the worst healer (pvp wise) by a good margin.

Rshamans were bad too, but their pvp templates are broken as fuck, dunno why they didn't do the same with hpriests.
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-08-05 at 11:00 AM.

Right now doesn't even matter though, at 110 with honor talents you have literally 5-6 extra abilities to stay alive. The survivability problem is purely on pve not pvp.

Don't worry about 100. There is a talent that allows you to freecast for 20 seconds after spell interruption.