Poll: Who would win the battle?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Malthael wouldn't be able to draw on souls to power up his attacks since Frostmourne would simply steal the souls before they can be absorbed.

Lich King's armor is also made up of saronite which is more than sturdy enough to deflect those flimsy little sickles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    And then some jackass spinning around like an idiot killed him.
    ^ Also this. It took 25 "nephalems" plus Tirion to defeat The King, but it only took one random Youtuber to take down Malthael.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-08-04 at 08:38 PM.

malthael, but if malthael consumes the black soulstone i think the lich king can fuck him up because of all the souls inside him

kinda like in ghostrider

For the people that think Arthas even has remotely a chance... you really have to pay attention to the scale of power.

Go back and watch Khadgar's Harbinger video. Showing him the GREAT power he would wield as a Guardian. Watch the relative scale and amount of creatures killed at a whim. Guess what... that is the relative power of the wizard classed Nephalem (and they can use that power with ease and on a whim). Yes, they are THAT powerful.

A normal player in WoW, even as incredible as they may be, is at best at the level of Diablo 1 to Diablo 2 heroes. Diablo 2 is roughly about level 8-10 in equivalency for a Diablo 3 hero (Think about how weak the Barbarian is in Diablo 3 initially, considering it is the SAME Barbarian that conquered Diablo and Baal in Diablo 2. After years of being an unmitigated bad ass, he still is weak as shit compared to what he can accomplish now that Nephalem power is available to him - For those forgetting stuff on it, remember... the World Stone was the crux of what limited the Nephalem from doing anything meaningful).

So Arthas, I'd wager, is probably on par with Khadgar as he is now. Or perhaps a little bit stronger, but Arthas would be a complete ragdoll before a Nephalem in an actual fight. It would be VERY similar to the Nephalem vs the Skeleton King, with the exception that Arthas' relative power is a few rungs above it.

Considering the power of a Nephalem, ICC would have been conquered before the Massacre Bonus wore off.

In the lore of Diablo, a handful of Nephalem, that had began to actually ascend towards their real power (represented mechanically via gear, set bonuses and paragon levels), took down Malthael.

Arthas really isn't all that strong... A better comparison would be Kil'jaeden vs Malthael, now that one is much closer. Sargeras is still leaps and bounds stronger than both, but KJ is probably a good match up to Malthael or the powered up forms of the Angris or Prime Evils.

-----

I should also mention that while Frostmourne can draw and consume souls, it merely is just that. It consumes them and the power of the Lich King allows you to manifest them as undead. Thats all.

Malthael literally can control the flow of life and death itself at a whim, and had the Nephalem not been protected by the fact that they were of Angel or Demonic origin, Malthael could have just reaped their souls from them without any effort. In a battle of souls... you have a Necromancer fighting against the literal manifestation of Death... Malthael would most likely just drain the souls from Frostmourne as they fought. Or simply pull a Tirion and cause the blade to shatter with the overwhelming presence of spirits within it.
    Last edited by Scyclone; 2016-08-04 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

LK is level 83; Malthael is level 70. So you would think that obviously LK would win.

But Malthael can scale all the way up to torment 13, and there's no equivalent to that.

The right answer? Batman wins, 'cause he's smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Based on the games!

It did not take any divine intervention to take down Malthael ;p

But it took some holy god shenanigans to explain that we could actually beat the lich king.

Did I mention the part where he took 1 second to one shot everyone in the raid?
    The nephalem are divine. They are half angel half demon.

Deleted
    So let's make it easy.

TLK is still a mortal and has weakness.
    He had to flee against catapult, was badly hurt in a fight versus Tirion twice. Was countered if not defeated by Jaina and Sylvanas and finally was defeated by mortals holding mortal power.

Malthael is insanely powerful even before his two power up.
    TLK has to cut someone to take it's soul. Malthael can kill anyone and take their souls without anything.
    TLK was defeated by several guys and a large bunch of souls sure. But none of them equals the nephalem. Has said before by other people, the nephalem can cut through armys of demon without help anyhelp. There are nothing even close in the warcraft universe except godlike creatures. I harldy see TLK doing the same stuff as the nephalem.

All of this befoire Malthael powerup.
    TLK has control over current death okay. But he has trouble to keep them at bay. His own spirit, Ner'zhul, His fathers....
    Malthael Killed people by hundreds.

In a pure practical way. TLK is a heavy armor human with a sword as his best tool. Malthael can fly.
    After his powerup, he has the power of all the dead combined in History and the power of the seven most powerful demons, TLK has the power of hundreds ? Thousands of death ?

Also, Malthael could wipe the entire world maybe I should have started by that.

Can't argue with the absolute WEALTH of over the top geekiness in here, but Lich King is cooler cuz it was the best expansion, whereas Diablows 3 was the worst game.

Blizz cinematics kick ass, though, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    And then some jackass spinning around like an idiot killed him.
    Personally I threw frogs and spiders at him until he died.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone
    Arthas really isn't all that strong... A better comparison would be Kil'jaeden vs Malthael, now that one is much closer.

Arthas managed to one shot an entire group of adventurers with ease after testing them, I don't remember KJ or even Archimonde doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone
    In the lore of Diablo, a handful of Nephalem, that had began to actually ascend towards their real power (represented mechanically via gear, set bonuses and paragon levels), took down Malthael.
    Also the adventurers in WoW are strong, not because being a something similar to Nephalem, but because of the acquiring of powerful artifacts such as Val'anyr, which was created by the Titans themselves. Also the heroes have previous experience from fighting legions of demons and imprisoned old god.
    Last edited by Death Warrior; 2016-08-04 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    So let's make it easy.

TLK is still a mortal and has weakness.
    He had to flee against catapult, was badly hurt in a fight versus Tirion twice. Was countered if not defeated by Jaina and Sylvanas and finally was defeated by mortals holding mortal power.

Malthael is insanely powerful even before his two power up.
    TLK has to cut someone to take it's soul. Malthael can kill anyone and take their souls without anything.
    TLK was defeated by several guys and a large bunch of souls sure. But none of them equals the nephalem. Has said before by other people, the nephalem can cut through armys of demon without help anyhelp. There are nothing even close in the warcraft universe except godlike creatures. I harldy see TLK doing the same stuff as the nephalem.

All of this befoire Malthael powerup.
    TLK has control over current death okay. But he has trouble to keep them at bay. His own spirit, Ner'zhul, His fathers....
    Malthael Killed people by hundreds.

In a pure practical way. TLK is a heavy armor human with a sword as his best tool. Malthael can fly.
    After his powerup, he has the power of all the dead combined in History and the power of the seven most powerful demons, TLK has the power of hundreds ? Thousands of death ?

Also, Malthael could wipe the entire world maybe I should have started by that.
    And malthael was defeated by a nephalem using these

You can not touch Malthael if you are not imbued with the essence of death itself. Also the Nephalems are god-like in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post

Arthas really isn't all that strong... A better comparison would be Kil'jaeden vs Malthael, now that one is much closer. Sargeras is still leaps and bounds stronger than both, but KJ is probably a good match up to Malthael or the powered up forms of the Angris or Prime Evils.
    I think any of the archangels are on par with Sargeras or the Titans. Keep in mind the angiris council held a vote to see whether or not they would eradicate Sanctuary and all of humanity that was on it. Also the Archangels are just remnants of Anu, which is basically God in the Diablo universe. We're talking about beings that hold conversations about which realms should exist.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Angiris_Council
    Last edited by Mcbenchpress; 2016-08-04 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

Look at the stats. Even horadric food is powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Froustmourne is more than a physical weapon and the lich king attacks with more than just physical corruption and body strikes.

The lich king can strike at souls and spirits as effectively as he could physical beings.
    The issue is not that Malthael is a soul or a spirit. He isn't either of those, but that's still not the point. He is phased out of reality and into the realm of death. Tyrael's sword, the universe's equivalent to the Ashbringer and as a holy angel-forged weapon most likely capable of cutting anything Frostmourne could and then some, went through him like he was made of fog.

If Arthas could phase into the realm of death himself, he would have pulled that trick on Tirion at Light's Hope, never mind ICC itself. Without being capable of doing that, Arthas would have no way to attack and no way to defend. That does not bode well for a long fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

I get you're joking, but the D3 protagonist is silly powerful. Nephalem think stuff in and out of existence.

Deleted
    Of course we have to remember what gives Nephalem most of her powers is her equipment. Try fighting demons with a naked nephalem, which is likely closer to her "natural" powers.

Works for most wow characters too. Youre pretty much nothing without ur gear or at least considerably weaker.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-08-04 at 11:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Froustmourne is more than a physical weapon and the lich king attacks with more than just physical corruption and body strikes.

The lich king can strike at souls and spirits as effectively as he could physical beings.
    This. The Lich King exists simultaneously in the physical and the spiritual realm, and so does Frostmourne, so he is effectively "one with death" the same way the Nephalem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    This. The Lich King exists simultaneously in the physical and the spiritual realm, and so does Frostmourne, so he is effectively "one with death" the same way the Nephalem is.
    If he was one with death the same way the nephalem was, he'd have been unkillable. The only thing that can hurt someone in that state is someone else in that state. That was the entire reason the nephalem sought that power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    If he was one with death the same way the nephalem was, he'd have been unkillable. The only thing that can hurt someone in that state is someone else in that state. That was the entire reason the nephalem sought that power.
    No, Malthael was solely in the spiritual realm. When the Nephalem became one with death, they existed in both. The LK also exists in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Frostmourne was shattered by the paragon of the holy light and its artifact weapon AND the souls turned against him (much like Maltheals death as the souls escaped once the heroes killed him and tore him apart on their way out but way more brutally) to allow the heroes the land the last blows.