Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Good ways to get 810 ilvl for heroics

I was wondering what are the best ways to get to the required ilvl for heroics after I ding 110. I know about the Dalaran ring (that is currently too expensive for me for just a 850), then I heard about 840 helm from the short Illidan quest chain...what are othergood options to get the ilvl above 810? What level are rewards from basic leveling (not world) quests when you do then at 110?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    I was wondering what are the best ways to get to the required ilvl for heroics after I ding 110. I know about the Dalaran ring (that is currently too expensive for me for just a 850), then I heard about 840 helm from the short Illidan quest chain...what are othergood options to get the ilvl above 810? What level are rewards from basic leveling (not world) quests when you do then at 110?
    Can't you just make premade group with friends and run to the heroics -> farm till 810il -> que random hc dungeons -> grind till about 820+ -> do mythic0 dungeons -> spam world quests. Then on the next reset do mythic0 dungeons again. Should be pretty easy to get like 840+ gear before raids open.

You'll have few 800ilv items from the final quests of each zone, also you can buy 800il item per reputation, but then it's only normal dungeons or WQ till 810il if you must go through dungeon finder.

The thing is, as soon as you hit 110 you'll be hitting suramar for quests there, then you'll want to bang out at least 12 world quests as soon as they become available (friendly with the factions from each zone, so 5 total). By the time you do all of that you should easily have the ilevel needed for heroic, and you'll want to do all of those because of the VAST amount of gear and artifact power available from them.

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Can't you just make premade group with friends and run to the heroics -> farm till 810il -> que random hc dungeons -> grind till about 820+ -> do mythic0 dungeons -> spam world quests. Then on the next reset do mythic0 dungeons again. Should be pretty easy to get like 840+ gear before raids open.

You'll have few 800ilv items from the final quests of each zone, also you can buy 800il item per reputation, but then it's only normal dungeons or WQ till 810il if you must go through dungeon finder.
    if you have a group of friends just skip heroics and go mythic at 800.. unless the numbers change radically when the game goes live, regular mythics are pretty wimpy right now.

Same thing the majority of people did in WoD, queue for normal modes. That is what they are there for.

Running mythic isn't really a priority because you will have an entire week to do those before they reset.

There are much more time sensitive things to get done asap like world quests/class hall campaign/Artifact Knowledge
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    The thing is, as soon as you hit 110 you'll be hitting suramar for quests there, then you'll want to bang out at least 12 world quests as soon as they become available (friendly with the factions from each zone, so 5 total). By the time you do all of that you should easily have the ilevel needed for heroic, and you'll want to do all of those because of the VAST amount of gear and artifact power available from them.
    You Think doing some Suramar quests and 12 World quests Will give you 820 ilvl. Sorry bro. Not even remotely

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    if you have a group of friends just skip heroics and go mythic at 800.. unless the numbers change radically when the game goes live, regular mythics are pretty wimpy right now.
    This is my groups current plan for EU launch. Leveling fast means we get to do them just before they reset. Level -> do some world quests that pops that awards gear -> mythic dungeons.

Starting work on the order hall campaign is one option, there are some decent 830+ pieces that you can unlock to purchase reasonably early on. You can also do normals and perhaps accumulate some crafted gear. Not sure why you don't want to do world quests though, every now and then a quick one pops up that offers an upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This is my groups current plan for EU launch. Leveling fast means we get to do them just before they reset. Level -> do some world quests that pops that awards gear -> mythic dungeons.
    Blizzard will mostlikely do reset before Legion launches to prevent that. I also thought about that and did some research and everyone was saying it isin't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You Think doing some Suramar quests and 12 World quests Will give you 820 ilvl. Sorry bro. Not even remotely
    It doesn't take 820, only 810... gj with comprehension... bro.

Also, I've already done it on 3 chars on beta, no crafted gear.

I also thought about that and did some research and everyone was saying it isin't possible.
    everyone in the teddybear club or

Blizzard will mostlikely do reset before Legion launches to prevent that. I also thought about that and did some research and everyone was saying it isin't possible.
    When they released mythic dungeons in WoD the EU servers came up early and you were able to do them all before the reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Same thing the majority of people did in WoD, queue for normal modes. That is what they are there for.

Running mythic isn't really a priority because you will have an entire week to do those before they reset.

There are much more time sensitive things to get done asap like world quests/class hall campaign/Artifact Knowledge
    Yes, that's true. If you want minmax you'll Class Hall Campaign first and get AK work orders on their way, then the gearing should start. Players have 1 week time to gear for mythic0, and currently mythic0 is pretty easy to do with bad gear, so gearing won't be problem. This why the max focus should be on getting class hall campaign done as fast as possible and stack up your artifact knowledge + artifact power as much as you have time to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    When they released mythic dungeons in WoD the EU servers came up early and you were able to do them all before the reset.
    Ok, well if they let fast levelers get one extra reset in mythic0 dungeons, then I'll aim for that of course, but I don't think they will. They are trying to make this game as casual as it can be.

If you collected at least 3 Pillars of creation you'll already have 3 ilvl 800 pieces, plus your Artifact (around 800). Go to Suramar ASAP and you'll get a few items while reaching Friendly rep, then go for WQ doing first those granting you gear. I reached ilvl 810 without even noticing it, to be honest! I believe I queued for one Normal dungeon, in which I looted one 815 item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    It doesn't take 820, only 810... gj with comprehension... bro.

Also, I've already done it on 3 chars on beta, no crafted gear.
    Yeah nope. You won't get 810 from 12 world quests either. Nope... You just won't

Deleted
    Leveling: Everytime you finish a zone you get a dungeon quest related to that zone, do the dungeon quest and you'll get a 800 ilvl piece of gear.

Max Level: Look for World Quests that yield gear or Artifact Power, do Normal dungeons but focus mainly on World Quests as they are the CLEAR choice when it comes to gearing before you reach HC/Mythic Dungeon level.

After you reach 810, spam HC dungeons and do the select world quests that give you gear that is better than yours and i'd recommend you also do the ones that give gear not as good as yours since it can be Warforged/Titanforged and become worth it.

Also remember to do World Bosses which there are plenty of even though only 3 are active per week, there will also always be a World Quest related to one of the world bosses which yields a large reward of whatever reward type it is. Remember to pick up your seals since you can use unlimited amounts of seals on a single boss.

I also recommend immediatly grinding rep with Suramar since Friendly yields a decent pair of boots and generally the max level progression is oriented around that zone.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    If you collected at least 3 Pillars of creation you'll already have 3 ilvl 800 pieces, plus your Artifact (around 800). Go to Suramar ASAP and you'll get a few items while reaching Friendly rep, then go for WQ doing first those granting you gear. I reached ilvl 810 without even noticing it, to be honest! I believe I queued for one Normal dungeon, in which I looted one 815 item.
    Sorry to ask but what is WQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    Sorry to ask but what is WQ?
    World Quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Actually it's not far off. World Quests start awarding 825+ gear when you reach 810. I've done it myself.

I was wondering what are the best ways to get to the required ilvl for heroics after I ding 110. I know about the Dalaran ring (that is currently too expensive for me for just a 850), then I heard about 840 helm from the short Illidan quest chain...what are other good options to get the ilvl above 810? What level are rewards from basic leveling (not world) quests when you do then at 110?
    Basic quest rewards when done at 110 were 789 iirc, deliberately leaving them for max level is pointless.

If you did the chain with the 2 goblins in Stormheim you get a group (but can be soloed) quest for ilvl 820 pants or gloves at 110.
    Story quests in Suramar with rewards (few as they are) are 810-825. Early on you can get a few 810 pieces realistically, the higher rewards are for quests behind rep gates.
    Finishing your class campaign for the third slot will give you 830+ weapon even with horrible luck and green quest/craftable runes. Mind you this will take at minimum a week, so depending on how fast you level it can be useless for you.
    The first few pieces from your class hall set are relatively easy to get and are at least 810.

There's probably more but that's what I have off the top of my head.

And ofc you can always pray to RNGesus for titanforged procs.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-08-05 at 08:54 AM.